McCoy is getting trolled hard over Kaepernick comments

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been a BILLS fan since day 1, I have always enjoyed the games for their relaxation value, away from the day to day job, school, etc. That is now changed to the point that if I see any more player personal feeling stuff, I'll be tuning out.

I don't care who "feels" what! Play the game, or stay in the locker room!

The NFL has let too much of this crap go on for way to long. The players have already received a free education, IF they chose to receive it, now have multi million $$ contracts, and they expect me to give a sh*t how they "feel?" Give m,e a freekin break!

that is likely the case, if he was an all star - he could obstruct justice in a murder case and nobody would care.

My stance is that it's a shame that his protest is considered 'baggage'. I think it's a legitimate protest and it's being done in a dignified manner. Peaceful protesting is better than violence. I have a lot of respect for Kaep. I hope things work out well for him. He's trying to improve things, I don't know how some people can't understand this.

It's " baggage" because of a media driven circus sideshow that comes with it. The one where they tell us why we must agree with him. Why we should give a rats a$$ what he thinks or why he's doing it. If they would have simply left him alone after his first " protest" , not asked about it or mentioned it in any way, then fine. I don't care if / why he stands or sits anymore than I care about the idiot in row five sitting and eating his nachos. But when I'm force fed a narrative and opinion about it that I disagree with, well it becomes " just shut up already I don't care what you think". There's nothing dignified about his whatever you want to call it. But the distraction and media frenzy is unwanted , unwarranted and I get why teams consider it " baggage" . It has zero to do with their business , which is making money by playing football games. If he's a better player , as Shady correctly points out some team might put up with it.

The media makes to much of people sitting during the anthem. I personally don't care.

Agreed . If they didn't show it , talk about it or express their opinions on it, I'd just assume he is an idiot and not give it any further thought.

I'm sure Kaep agrees with you.

Except that much of what he said / tries to draw attention to is not true, half truths/ sometimes complete lies or ignorance.

The racist comments being thrown at McCoy on his Instagram are disgusting.

Yep, just as the comments made to Sammy were disgusting as well. Lots of morons out there. He's expressing a fair and honest opinion. not a PC one

This is great because it highlights more polarization in our society, while distracting us from the important issues. This is what the media wants us to do. The media manufacturers consent but also division. And we are all being played.

The media is silencing all forms of dissent, left and right. We need a media, state & corporations all saying the same thing and praising Dear Leader. We have wars to win, and natural resources to extract. Did you know Afghanistan has $1 trillion in rare earth metals?

Mussolini once said "Fascism is the merger between state and corporate interests." Ladies and gentlemen I show you Standing Rock, Ferguson, Charlottesville, Occupy, every modern movement that has challenged corporate power has been crushed, marginalized and ridiculed.

Neoliberalism better called corporatism is the current system of free market capitalism we live under. Kaepernick is a genius because he criticized both Trump's pseudo-populist fascist movement & Hillary's war-mongering neoconservative backed foreign policy & free market capitalism. Sadly the media saw Kaepernick as a threat to both and ally to none, so they crushed him from both sides. A true rebel, Kaepernick reperesents the spirit of the millenials. A QB without a team. A generation without a political party.

Much respect for McCoy because what he says it 100% true, no one wants that distraction. The subject matter is completely important but Kaepernick could have gone about things in a more constructive manner. We as a country need to figure out how to not be so divisive. What Kaepernick did was to bring attention to himself and nothing more and that is what he got. At that point in his career he already reached his peak and was looking for a way to be relevant.

Much respect for McCoy because what he says it 100% true, no one wants that distraction. The subject matter is completely important but Kaepernick could have gone about things in a more constructive manner. We as a country need to figure out how to not be so divisive. What Kaepernick did was to bring attention to himself and nothing more and that is what he got. At that point in his career he already reached his peak and was looking for a way to be relevant.

You can flip it on it's head a little and acknowledge that kaep has made some choices that make him harder to employ (not just this) but that those reacting so angrily that taking a knee made him unemployable are possibly the larger problem within this specific debate.

At this point I'd be more apt to hire CK than someone that refused to work with CK. But I get that this is entertainment and you cater to the customers and many hate him.

Edited by NoSaint

It's a cost vs benefit decision. I suspect that almost all NFL owners don't see Kaep as starting NFL QB, and the cost (distraction) is not worth the benefit of acquiring a backup QB.

I think that's what it boils down to.

It's a cost vs benefit decision. I suspect that almost all NFL owners don't see Kaep as starting NFL QB, and the cost (distraction) is not worth the benefit of acquiring a backup QB.

I think that's what it boils down to.

The unspoken issue in the cost is what offers has he gotten and turned down. It's possible that beyond distracting he is priced wrong. If Brady held out for 40m he might be unemployed- if kaep thinks he deserves that $10m deal to bea fringe starter, well maybe he's more of the $5m solid backup

The unspoken issue in the cost is what offers has he gotten and turned down. It's possible that beyond distracting he is priced wrong. If Brady held out for 40m he might be unemployed- if kaep thinks he deserves that $10m deal to bea fringe starter, well maybe he's more of the $5m solid backup

That too

If McCoy was smart he wouldnt have said anything, Doesnt mean hes wrong though. If Kap was a very good QB he'd be on a roster already. Nobody wants the headache for a backup QB. Just that simple. Kap made his bones in the run option game. That flash in the pan gadget offense that worked for 2years then faded away. When Kap was forced to be a real QB he failed, like our running QB has failed. Wilson became a decent pocket passer while still being able to run. Why hes still a successful starting QB.

U have to make defenses defend the whole field. If they know to take away your 1st read, then you run. they have you. Sure you might get a few cheap 1st downs, but when the game is on the line and u gotta pass to win, gg.

You can flip it on it's head a little and acknowledge that kaep has made some choices that make him harder to employ (not just this) but that those reacting so angrily that taking a knee made him unemployable are possibly the larger problem within this specific debate.

At this point I'd be more apt to hire CK than someone that refused to work with CK. But I get that this is entertainment and you cater to the customers and many hate him.

The main reason why everyone is so angry with him is the fact that he's a faketivist doing this during the game- a fake activist who only started this AFTER his stock dropped like a stone and is insincere. His protest is just not believeable- he didn't do much when he was a bonafide starter, that's for sure. No one is going to pay him what he wants with the circus act he brings, point blank.

When people started asking what exactly he did for the community and there was little there to point to, THEN he decided to start doing things for the community- like I said, he's a faketivist.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

The main reason why everyone is so angry with him is the fact that he's a faketivist doing this during the game- a fake activist who only started this AFTER his stock dropped like a stone and is insincere. His protest is just not believeable- he didn't do much when he was a bonafide starter, that's for sure. No one is going to pay him what he wants with the circus act he brings, point blank.

A faketivist who has continued to donate money to causes he believes in to the tune of almost $1M. :rolleyes: You are uninformed about the Kaepernick whether you agree with him or not.

When people started asking what exactly he did for the community and there was little there to point to, THEN he decided to start doing things for the community- like I said, he's a faketivist.

So timing is a big issue for you. If you don't start your protest at the exact right moment, keep silent forever?. How ridiculous.

McCoy is right. Kaep has done more than kneel at the anthem. He wore a Castro shirt. During independence day, he was in Ghana stating that he could not celebrate independence day because he didn't have freedom. Many see the latter two as anti American.

This will put off a lot of people. He has the right to express it but free speech comes with consequences. If he did have top tier talent, a team may deal with it. he doesn't. Why sign someone who will anger your fanbase when players like Jay Cutler, RG3, Brock Osweiler and Fitz give you the same caliber QB without the controversy.

McCoy should not be getting heat.for this.

So he goes to Africa a continent that has numerous counties with the worst slavery problem in the world today because it's part of their culture dating back to biblical times? Is that not a little ironic to say the least?

Did he demonstrate against slavery and oppression over there or was he too afraid he'd be killed or become one of them?

Edited by matter2003