McCoy is getting trolled hard over Kaepernick comments

Shady summed up the situation perfectly. So refreshing to see a black man come out and say it like it is, he just is not good enough. I find it so funny how none of the national reports on Kaepernick even mention how bad of a QB he has been the last few years. They call him a former SB QB and viewers infer that he is like a top 10 or 15 QB in the league. There are plenty of guys playing that kneeled last season. The difference is, they can actually contribute to the team enough where any potential headache from their protest is outweighed by their talents. That does not exist with Kaep. He is just not that good. Plain and simple. Most of the idiots protesting outside the NFL office have little to no knowledge of NFL talent from what I've seen.

Edited by Mark80

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen A Smith just semi agreed with Shady about Colin Kaepernick on First Take. He said the only difference is that he believes he is being Black Balled and Shady doesn't.

Smith is taking both sides of the position?

Smith is taking both sides of the position?

Yeah, kind of. He said he agrees with Shady that Keep is not good enough for owners to risk the backlash (I think in part cause he's a big Shady supporter) but than he back pedaled later and said he thinks he is an above average player and is being black listed.

Last time I said that, I was called a white supremacist.

Let me rephrase. I am with the Colin Kaepernicks, Michael Bennett, etc... I don't think the athletes that are sitting during the anthem are insulting our nation or not being patriotic. It's the complete opposite in my opinion. I am not insulted at all. It takes a lot of guts to do it. I wish more athletes would do it.

Edited by kota

Yeah, kind of. He said he agrees with Shady that Keep is not good enough for owners to risk the backlash (I think in part cause he's a big Shady supporter) but than he back pedaled later and said he thinks he is an above average player and is being black listed.

At least SAS is consistent

I do think it's a bit of both. Kap is good enough to make an NFL roster as a backup and he's even good enough to start on some teams, but those teams are looking for a long term answer, which he is not. The teams that need a backup can find a guy who will do in a pinch and will take that guy instead because the media and certain fans won't badger the staff about him.

I stand with SHADY.

Enough of this overrated bum getting all this coverage. It's about time some NFL players said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... we have games to play.

Exactly. How about coverage of the players who will actually be playing in the upcoming season!

The media makes to much of people sitting during the anthem. I personally don't care.

they should stop showing it on TV, IMO.

Shady summed up the situation perfectly. So refreshing to see a black man come out and say it like it is, he just is not good enough. I find it so funny how none of the national reports on Kaepernick even mention how bad of a QB he has been the last few years. They call him a former SB QB and viewers infer that he is like a top 10 or 15 QB in the league. There are plenty of guys playing that kneeled last season. The difference is, they can actually contribute to the team enough where any potential headache from their protest is outweighed by their talents. That does not exist with Kaep. He is just not that good. Plain and simple. Most of the idiots protesting outside the NFL office have little to no knowledge of NFL talent from what I've seen.

exactly. Teams keep talented players with baggage. They DON'T keep a backup QB with baggage. It's ALWAYS been this way in the NFL.

Shady calling it how he sees it. I don't see the problem with what he said. It's a whole risk/reward deal. Are the rewards of kaepernick's play with the risk that he brings? NFL owners have answered with a resounding "no". They are free to employ who they choose.

I agree with what Shady said and what you said. Unfortunately in today's America, anyone who doesn't agree with the left on any race related issue is automatically a racist or a bigot. Sad really.

Does anyone remember Chris Kluwe? Punter for the Vikings was very outspoken on controversial issues was cut and never found a new team. Same thing and it had nothing to do with race. I am glad to see Kap's protest catch on with other players, but am not surprised to see him out of the NFL.

Of course, he had to know this might happen when he opted out of his contract, a decision which still baffles me.

He had a pretty decent season on a horrible SF team last year.

He is likely better than a number of backups that will be in the NFL this season.

He has the potential, based on past play of being better than most backups that will be in the NFL this season.

He is certainly being 'blackballed' or whatever you want to call it , because , as Shady is correct in saying, he's probably not worth the distraction for a number of teams.

He is probably getting more attention than others protesting because he was the first and probably because he had a large afro last year.

Many people don't like it when black people protest , it's inconvenient for them and they give little or no credence to the reasons behind the protest.

For some idiotic reason, people think protests should be quiet and low profile, which defeats the purpose of a protest, which is to bring attention to the issue.

Does anyone remember Chris Kluwe? Punter for the Vikings was very outspoken on controversial issues was cut and never found a new team. Same thing and it had nothing to do with race. I am glad to see Kap's protest catch on with other players, but am not surprised to see him out of the NFL.

Of course, he had to know this might happen when he opted out of his contract, a decision which still baffles me.

It was bigotry in both instances. Race/Sexual Orientation.