What if a Sam Bradford trade offer occurred for Tyrod?

billsfan89

This a very narrow and unlikely trade scenario for the Bills. But being pre-season and the team coming off of two very controversial trades it has been fun to talk about trade speculation. If a team that had a similar style QB to Tyrod had their QB suffer a major season ending injury and they offered the Bills a good deal for Tyrod would you if you were the GM take it?

To get more specific, Russell Wilson suffers a bad injury and will be out for the season. Seattle gets desperate and offers the Bills the same package of picks that Minnesota offered Philly for Sam Bradford.

Seattle offers this trade package

2018 1st

2018 4th

2019 6th

Do you take that deal? It would give the Bills 3 1st round picks and an additional 4th plus a late 2019 pick. That's a haul for a QB that might not be in the teams long term plans and was never much more than above average.

I think you have to seriously consider it since there is not going to be a chance to take advantage of a teams desperate injury situation. But I also think that Tyrod is way better than any QB in recent memory and if the team drafts a QB having an established starter could be a luxury in terms of QB development.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if we play Seattle, so when we lose to them, it would have two benefits. First it would help our tie breaker odds, because that's a thing. Secondly, it would lower the draft slot of Seattle's pick, which would, using the same logic, be helpful as well...

Anyway, yes I would do that trade.

High draft picks.... That's all that matters at this point... This will almost certainly be a year where Shady McCoy gets run into the ground... O-line is awful... Any chemistry TT had with Watkins is now irrelevant, and Boldin's

experience is no longer there to fall back on.... Trading Shady now, and eating the dead cap hit is definitely something to consider.

Edited by #34fan

Of course. Tyrod is definitely not their long-term answer.

I don't agree with trading Shady, though. The new franchise QB is going to need proven talent around him. They already got rid of Watkins...let's not make it worse.

I'd love it if the Bills could get a good OT in a trade. Hopefully, Dawkins pans out.

This a very narrow and unlikely trade scenario for the Bills. But being pre-season and the team coming off of two very controversial trades it has been fun to talk about trade speculation. If a team that had a similar style QB to Tyrod had their QB suffer a major season ending injury and they offered the Bills a good deal for Tyrod would you if you were the GM take it?

To get more specific, Russell Wilson suffers a bad injury and will be out for the season. Seattle gets desperate and offers the Bills the same package of picks that Minnesota offered Philly for Sam Bradford.

Seattle offers this trade package

2018 1st

2018 4th

2019 6th

Do you take that deal? It would give the Bills 3 1st round picks and an additional 4th plus a late 2019 pick. That's a haul for a QB that might not be in the teams long term plans and was never much more than above average.

I think you have to seriously consider it since there is not going to be a chance to take advantage of a teams desperate injury situation. But I also think that Tyrod is way better than any QB in recent memory and if the team drafts a QB having an established starter could be a luxury in terms of QB development.

ok, but at least try to make it a bit more believable

Edited by nucci

I think the only trade that might make sense would be if Rivers went down and Lynn knows how to use Taylor.

If the pick made sense, I guess Yates could be a bridge then be in a position to draft a QB high in 2018.

I don't think Taylor will be traded this season.

Then again Taylor does not fit Dennison's system as a pocket , timing passes.

Edited by ALF

I think the only trade that might make sense would be if Rivers went down and Lynn knows how to use Taylor.

If the pick made sense, I guess Yates could be a bridge then be in a position to draft a QB high in 2018.

I don't think Taylor will be traded this season.

Then again Taylor does not fit Dennison's system as a pocket , timing passes.

If a trade were to happen Yates would not jump Peterman on the depth Chart. We would be getting a first hand look at the rookie.