Joe Kelly, Jim's father, has passed away

BobbyC81

Good story: After the divisional playoff game in Pittsburgh, following The Comeback, we were walking from a nearby bar to our car to start the journey home. We came across an RV with folks in Bills jackets all around and it turned out to be the Kelly crew. We walked by to have a peek and Joe immediately invited us in to share in hots, hamburgs, beer, etc. Now, we're just a couple of dolts in Bills gear, but Joe couldn't have been more accommodating...a true class act. Even got to meet Jim, who as everyone remembers did not play in that game, but started the next week in the win at Miami.

Edited by Ned Flanders

Good story: After the divisional playoff game in Pittsburgh, following The Comeback, we were walking from a nearby bar to our car to start the journey home. We came across an RV with folks in Bills jackets all around and it turned out to be the Kelly crew. We walked by to have a peek and Joe immediately invited us in to share in hots, hamburgs, beer, etc. Now, we're just a couple of dolts in Bills gear, but Joe couldn't have been more accommodating...a true class act. Even got to meet Jim, who as everyone remembers did not play in that game, but started the next week in the win at Miami.

Good story man, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Tasker was on the John Murphy show this afternoon and shared one of his favorite Joe Kelly stories and it was at the last Wrestling event at the Aud and there was a work in play where "The Nasty Boys" were taunting Jim and calling him a loser and saying Buffalo was a city of losers and Jim's Dad didn't realize it was all a work and Jim was in on it and he started yelling back at them and he wanted to climb in the ring himself and some of Jim's brothers had to hold him back. I got some chuckles from the story. That's the beautiful thing about life all the fun memories we make as we go along live on forever

RIP Joe Kelly

Good story man, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Tasker was on the John Murphy show this afternoon and shared one of his favorite Joe Kelly stories and it was at the last Wrestling event at the Aud and there was a work in play where "The Nasty Boys" were taunting Jim and calling him a loser and saying Buffalo was a city of losers and Jim's Dad didn't realize it was all a work and Jim was in on it and he started yelling back at them and he wanted to climb in the ring himself and some of Jim's brothers had to hold him back. I got some chuckles from the story. That's the beautiful thing about life all the fun memories we make as we go along live on forever

RIP Joe Kelly

I heard that story as well by Tasker and I laughed too. Tasker also told of the time he saw Joe had the RV all packed to go to Jim's Hunting Camp and how happy and proud the Dad was to be spending time with his sons. Sounds like a great Dad and sure he will be missed by al that came to know and love him.

RIP