So Boldin retired?

Shady, Incognito, Kyle, Hughes, and Wood will be done or pretty much done. The only young players that will be a factor by the time the Bills are ready to win are White, Zay, Shaq and Hyde. Dareus and Glenn still may be effective but there is a lot of roster that needs to be filled out over the next few years.

No problem. You know how fast RBs hit the wall. One would hope they are already anticipating Shady's demise. Hughes is under contract for a while and seems healthy. Incog, Kyle and Wood already need to be replaced sooner than later.

This teams needs at least 2 rock solid drafts, to of course include a quarterback. It can be done too KJ, but to do so the Bills will need a complete, total reversal of their drafting trends.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. You know how fast RBs hit the wall. One would hope they are already anticipating Shady's demise. Hughes is under contract for a while and seems healthy. Incog, Kyle and Wood already need to be replaced sooner than later.

This teams needs at least 2 rock solid drafts, to of course include a quarterback. It can be done too KJ, but to do so the Bills will need a complete, total reversal of their drafting trends.

They have the draft assets to donit too. They are just going to have to get it right. They 100% have to nail the QB pick. Additionally, they will need to hit on their draft picks at a higher than average rate. It's not impossible but a lot needs to go right.

You see, I completely disagree CB. I think that he was here to earn just a few more millions and ride off into the sunset. Older players don't come to Buffalo to win championships these days. How could they when they look up and see NE? And I don't think it matters at all. Odds tell us that he would have caught a couple of short passes, got hurt, and collected his checks.

In 2018, the Bills will have their biggest opportunity since 2006 to improve this team. I suppose the total collapse we are now watching really is just a necessary evil.

I agree, the idea that he came here to win a championship is laughable.

You see, I completely disagree CB. I think that he was here to earn just a few more millions and ride off into the sunset. Older players don't come to Buffalo to win championships these days. How could they when they look up and see NE? And I don't think it matters at all. Odds tell us that he would have caught a couple of short passes, got hurt, and collected his checks.

In 2018, the Bills will have their biggest opportunity since 2006 to improve this team. I suppose the total collapse we are now watching really is just a necessary evil.

If that were really the case then he'd still be with the team. The odds say nothing like that given the durability he's had throughout his career. I believe his expectation was that the team would do all it could to be competitive in 2017 and with that obviously not being the case, as previously posted, he bailed.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If that was really the case then he'd still be with the team. The odds say nothing like that given the durability he's had throughout his career. I believe his expectation was that the team would do all it could to be competitive in 2017 and with that obviously not being the case, as previously posted, he bailed.

I recently completed the book by Dr. Omalu. Maybe he did too. At his age he is even more of a sitting duck to get clobbered by some assassin defensive back. He was wise to get out imo.

At least he Retired before the season started.

He didn't look ready to play, I think he has already mentally retired and they talked him into giving it one more year. He quickly knew he didn't have it in him. Glad he didn't hang on until mid season like Andre Johnson did, take up a roster spot and be totally ineffective. Now Matthews can play slot and they should bring in a deep threat.

I didn't see anything on the field to indicate Boldin is anything more than a JAG at this point...maybe he realized Father Time caught up to him more than he thought...

And/or he realized the team was going no where this season and TT was likely to get him killed over the middle with the high inaccurate throws and decided enough was enough.

In any event, TT truly has no one to throw deep to now. The excuses are ready if TT doesn't perform well this season. The dress rehearsal preseason game coming up just got more interesting.

Edited by CodeMonkey

There is no reason to trade McCoy. You aren't getting anything back for an older RB that makes that much money. He's worth more to is then anyone else. No reason to trade him. If a team with QB issues needs a QB, trade them Tyrod. But keep shady

Shady's the guy you trade mid-season to a contender like Seattle if our record is looking bleak. Probably could get a low 2nd.

Maybe a combination of both him knowing that he was not going to perform at a high level, and that the Bills probably not going to a playoff game. He really did not look good in the preseason game ( too slow) but he was very valuable as a teacher to young players. I suppose he had his reasons for bailing. Ok nuff said, let's move on.

And/or he realized the team was going no where this season and TT was likely to get him killed over the middle with the high inaccurate throws and decided enough was enough.

In any event, TT truly has no one to throw deep to now. The excuses are ready if TT doesn't perform well this season. The dress rehearsal preseason game coming up just got more interesting.

Could have been a lot of things but whatever it was it is sure to make Beane super annoyed with the fan base

I don't understand why some people are upset and/or surprised at all by this. His display the last game was sad to watch, slow, sloppy, he clearly did the correct thing.

Next up to retire needs to be Vlad Ducesse.

Ducasse might really be the worst player in the NFL.

And thanks for the great news about Roy Batty.