So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that because you spend more money you have a right to B word about it more

Newsflash...you dont. And if you didnt spend it someone else would

Not sure how you came up with that one. I never wrote anything to that effect. And w/r/t your "someone else would" premise, you still haven't responded to the point about ST sales. Its possible the number was publicized and I missed it, but if there was good news to share on that front it probably would have been released. The guess here is that sales are down - both for STs and individual games.

You assume that McCoy and Taylor will be here.

Not me. i can't blame him. trading Watkins, I'd go too. The tank is on. McCoy and Taylor will be next.

I don't blame him, either. Having a QB like TT didn't help matters, I'm sure.

But, anyways...I hope you are right. The next logical step for this franchise is to try and land the best QB in the draft, and tanking gives us the best odds for that.

I'm ready...bring on the tank!

To my point:

@adamlevitan

Anquan Boldin said he came to BUF to win another championship. Four days later they traded away both Sammy Watkins & No. 1 CB Ronald Darby.

@BradleyGelber

Bradley Gelber Retweeted Adam Levitan

Said this earlier. Don't discredit Boldin's statement about doing things beyond football, but naive to think this wasn't a factor... #Bills

LOL you guys are hilarious. How do you know that they just let him retire to save face instead of cutting him because he's slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter?

Boldin wasn't going to be the answer. And we still have a better WR corp than last year.

Edited by Domdab99

LOL you guys are hilarious. How do you know that they just let him retire to save face instead of cutting him because he's slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter?

Boldin wasn't going to be the answer. And we still have a better WR corp than lat year.

Our WRs were bad last year (Watkins's absence played a big role in that), but I'm having a hard time seeing how we have improved at that position. What am I missing?

The headline captures the essence of why today's news is so frustrating. Boldin wasn't going to contribute much this year, but the fact that he quit on the team suggests that not all is well at OBD. And if that's the case, instead of "middling" the year with a "middling" QB, we should see whether peterman has any promise. But we won't. And we still will chase a QB next year. And we will be right back on the hampster wheel.

We need to trade McCoy and Tyrod. Rebuilding hurts, but it has to be done. When we get our QB, it wouldn't matter who we have at WR. A good QB makes a mediocre WR look good it's never the other way around.

We need to trade McCoy and Tyrod. Rebuilding hurts, but it has to be done. When we get our QB, it wouldn't matter who we have at WR. A good QB makes a mediocre WR look good it's never the other way around.

That last sentence is absolutely right.