So Boldin retired?

@jayskurski

Anquan Boldin says the recent events in Charlottesville made him realize he was ready to pursue a higher calling than football. #Bills

.@AnquanBoldin dedicated life to football & never thought anything would take place of that passion, but now something has (Charlottesville)

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci

Anquan Boldin on @SiriusXMNFL: "It wasn't a decision I made all of a sudden."

@viccarucci

Boldin praises Tyrod Taylor, says QB's struggles vs. #Eagles didn't influence his thinking at all.

@viccarucci

Boldin said the events of Charlottesville influenced his thinking. Said he joined #Bills for more than chance to play w Watkins.

Listening to him right now on Sirius... he said he definitely didn't come to Buffalo just to play with Sammy Watkins. He thinks the pieces are in place to compete offensively. He thinks Tyrod is a fine QB and will be great. He said people who think he would make a decision like this based on the offensive production in a preseason game is absurd and from people who don't understand the game.

He's uncomfortable with how divided we are as a country. He knows not everyone will understand or have the same passion as him. He's been working on humanitarian work for years. He wants to be a voice for those who don't have a voice.

Good info, thanks. Don't think this will stop Buffalo sports media from calling him a liar, whatever fits their ridiculous narrative.

Edited by HappyDays

He said that he feels he can still play. His advocacy for humanitarian work currently outweighs his passion for football. He doesn't foresee a return to the game.

He feels his time has come. There is something else he feels called to do. He said the Bills were disappointed as he expected but they respected his decision and wished him the best and he appreciated that.

He felt a certain obligation to the team so it was not easy to walk away. He didn't want to let his teammates down. He knew there were guys looking forward to playing with him.

Good info, thanks. Don't think this will stop Buffalo sports media from calling him a liar, whatever fits their ridiculous narrative.

so far only rodak has taken that angle. Others seem to respect that's he's being sincere (jw). He's one of the most respected players and people in the league, not sure why rodak assumes he's lying. Or he just wants clicks.

I'd take him a lot more serious if he would admit that he CAN'T play anymore. So when you can't tell the truth about that it's hard for me to take the rest of the stuff he is saying seriously. Your body is toast AQ, it was fun to watch you but please just go off into the sunset already.

No one is giving Beane enough credit. He is a master conspirator. It's all been planned out the moment he took office. How to tank but still sell the season to gullible fans?

1. Don't sign key free agents in off season-Too expensive

2. Replace above in draft - cheaper and younger

3. Keep mediocre QB as best chance to win

4. Hype #1 wr before preseason.

5. Work out deal with future HOF to sign for a week and then retire

6. Get everyone excited for playoff run

6. Sell lots of tickets

7. Get everyone to buy in

8. Spring the trap and roll in the tank.

9. There's more to come.

;)

10) At next press conference Brandon Beane pulls of his mask to reveal Russ Brandon laughing maniacally.

@JaySkurski

Boldin rules out signing with a contending team later in the season, saying he is done with football.

We'll see. <_<

I'd take him a lot more serious if he would admit that he CAN'T play anymore. So when you can't tell the truth about that it's hard for me to take the rest of the stuff he is saying seriously. Your body is toast AQ, it was fun to watch you but please just go off into the sunset already.

I don't believe that he or the Bills think he was done as a player, but as an outside receiver at the NFL level he certainly was.

He's uncomfortable with how divided we are as a country. He knows not everyone will understand or have the same passion as him. He's been working on humanitarian work for years. He wants to be a voice for those who don't have a voice.

More divided now than two weeks ago? I'm just another person who wishes he'd admit that Friday morning felt too rough. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

You think he would ever say that publicly? No way.

I find your position on this amazing, especially given your take on the Sammy situation...

Some posters were drawing conclusions about Sammy maybe being a prima donna, not being a great leader, not always taking care of his body in the best way, and maybe a bit soft. There were some interesting comments made by teammates like Shady and Boldin, comments Sammy made himself, and even comments from Leroi- who obviously gets some inside info. But no, nothing good enough for 26. We need concrete statements! None of this speculation! Link?... Some might ask- "You think they would ever say that publicly?"

Then the Boldin retirement... And the actual statement made by Boldin, and others, can't be correct. Only rampant speculation will do! You think he would ever say that publicly? Your inconsistencies show you are obviously pushing a narrative.

You think he would ever say that publicly? No way.

Most likely not. And maybe he did retire because of what you and others were hyperventilating about or maybe he was being sincere. I don't know, for me it could go either way but I won't pretend to know for sure and unequivocally state it one way or the other. I'll leave that for those that are all about the Hot takes.