So Boldin retired?

What were the other examples because that one was ridiculous even before the guy retired.

“I was very annoyed,” Beane said of first hearing talk that the Bills are tanking. “We would not have tried to get Anquan Boldin on our team if we were tanking. We would not have tried to get Jordan Matthews — who if you look at his numbers in his first three years, they’re pretty good. We would not have tried to get E.J. Gaines. We would have just tried to get more draft capital if we weren’t worried about 2017. We’re going to compete our tails off for 2017.”

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was close to retiring before he signed and had reportedly backed out once. He gave it a go and he wasn't 100% in (nor did he look good) so he cut bait. Too bad but moving on. Sad looking WR core but probably about the same talent level as last year when Watkins was out.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I didn't see anything on the field to indicate Boldin is anything more than a JAG at this point...maybe he realized Father Time caught up to him more than he thought...

Or maybe he thought that with Sammy & Shady the O was a lot more potent and able to make it to the post season , then with the moves last week seeing that the WR group is less than it was coupled with the way the O played in Philly he was like maybe this wasn't such a good idea ...

It was said before his signing that he wanted to go to a team that could have a shot at going to the play offs & the longer this season goes on the more it looks like 18 yrs is on the horizon !!

I was very annoyed, Beane said of first hearing talk that the Bills are tanking. We would not have tried to get Anquan Boldin on our team if we were tanking. We would not have tried to get Jordan Matthews who if you look at his numbers in his first three years, theyre pretty good. We would not have tried to get E.J. Gaines. We would have just tried to get more draft capital if we werent worried about 2017. Were going to compete our tails off for 2017.

Matthews for Sammy

EJ for Darby

That is an obvious downgrade in talent. So what is left? The draft picks. So how exactly is this supporting that they aren't focused on next season

The season tickets are sold and most of the single game tickets. Pretty ironic how that base is covered then the rest of this happens. Russ Brandon @ his best. Boldin knew this team was a lost cause and would rather hang them up then suffer through this season. The locker room has got to feel the vibe too.

Of course they do. Boldin's reassessment, I believe, is a reflection of that. Beane didn't have the balls to go in and address the players after the trades so he left that to McDermott.

Matthews for Sammy

EJ for Darby

That is an obvious downgrade in talent. So what is left? The draft picks. So how exactly is this supporting that they aren't focused on next season

Its shooting down the "he only used boldin as the example for not tanking" argument.

It means some love bad news. So they can rage.

WTF..if you truly believe the BS you spout, GodBless. This team has had nothing but BAD NEWS for 17 years, and yes people are pissed, including me. If you want to tank, freaking TANK. if not, don't way your best players. I was all for the Sammy trade, I am not for a middle.

Uninformed? Bitching?

That's a starting WR on the depth chart who just walked out.

So far this looks like the same terrible organization as always. Hyping veterans well beyond their prime, trading what little talent they do have, losing good players to the Pats, hyping backup QBs.

Meanwhile you watch Mahomes get into the end zone twice on 10 throws and Watson run for a TD.

These FO guys are supposed to know more than common fans, they are paid like it. But the 36 year old that Beane was just hyping as evidence of the Bills in win-now mode just walked out.

With Sammy's trade and Streater's injury this WR depth chart looks really nice....

yes..i approve of this post

“I was very annoyed,” Beane said of first hearing talk that the Bills are tanking. “We would not have tried to get Anquan Boldin on our team if we were tanking. We would not have tried to get Jordan Matthews — who if you look at his numbers in his first three years, they’re pretty good. We would not have tried to get E.J. Gaines. We would have just tried to get more draft capital if we weren’t worried about 2017. We’re going to compete our tails off for 2017.”

Lol. He talks about the inferior Matthews and Gaines as an example of trying to compete? Then why not keep the superior talents? Geez. What additional picks would those teams given us instead of those two players? Two more 6's? They were getting cut anyway.

Remember this from Boldin?

"At this point in your career, you can't get too far ahead of yourself, so I just take it a year at a time," he had said. "Once I'm committed, I'm all in."

What changed? He's been on playoff and Super Bowl teams before with ARZ/BAL so he knows what's up.

Lol. He talks about the inferior Matthews and Gaines as an example of trying to compete? Then why not keep the superior talents? Geez. What additional picks would those teams given us instead of those two players? Two more 6's? They were getting cut anyway.

Superior talent that didn't fit the zone scheme (Darby) or was a wash with regards to performances anyway (Sammy)

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast