Culture - Do you believe in it?

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that there is such a thing as "Building a winning culture"

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it does. 100%

Most people have jumped around to at least a few different jobs during their career. If you had any kind of awareness to your surroundings, you would've noticed that each workplace had a different culture and it affected the employees.

Its the same thing in football.

Its the same thing with any group of people that work together towards a common goal.

Culture affects attitude. Attitude affects performance.

Edited by LeGOATski

This is tricky for me. I believe that it exists (so I voted yes) but I also believe that it's overrated. Talent and coaching win. The culture part to me isn't as much about people getting along as it is an identity. They can identify and insert players that fit that identity.

I generally agree. Although I would say coaching aligns closely with culture.

This is tricky for me. I believe that it exists (so I voted yes) but I also believe that it's overrated. Talent and coaching win. The culture part to me isn't as much about people getting along as it is an identity. They can identify and insert players that fit that identity.

I'd say coaching is a much bigger factor. There's talent everywhere in the NFL.

Good leadership, one that establishes a positive and competitive culture, is what makes the difference.

(And a good QB... :D)

Of course it matters. Culture is the bond that enables a collection of individuals to want to achieve a common goal. It starts with good leadership which proliferates down throughout an organization. Culture establishes the belief system, and it's that system which makes people want to excel. Not for themselves, but for the organization.

Is it the ONLY thing that makes success? Of course not, there are many factors, but it is key for virtually all successful organizations; from countries to military to corporations to sports teams.

It's important to keep in mind that simply having a common goal is not a culture, and not all culture is good culture.

Of course it does. 100%

Most people have jumped around to at least a few different jobs during their career. If you had any kind of awareness to your surroundings, you would've noticed that each workplace had a different culture and it affected the employees.

Its the same thing in football.

Its the same thing with any group of people that work together towards a common goal.

Culture affects attitude. Attitude affects performance.

Exactly - it is real and important.

Winners usually have the right combination of talent, coaching and culture. Being strong in one are can help offset weakness in others but to be continually successful is to have a good mix of all areas. Having all 3 produce better overall results.

All one has to do is look at NE. When Brady is hurt, they still win at around 70% of the time. And outside of Brady, NE typically isn't a team loaded with stars.

I think you underestimate the number of really good to excellent players they have on their team.

All one has to do is look at NE. When Brady is hurt, they still win at around 70% of the time. And outside of Brady, NE typically isn't a team loaded with stars.

So when Buffalo shut out NE 19-0 was that because of a lapse in culture or a massive talent downgrade.

I think you underestimate the number of really good to excellent players they have on their team.

I think they have a lot of good players on their team, but outside of Brady, they aren't quote unquote "stars".

They turn decent players from other teams to good players when they are plugged in to their system. ie their slot WR's.

They have good solid defensive players, but they aren't "stars". We can quibble over what the word "star" entails, but the point is that outside of Brady, they aren't star studded like some other successful franchises

One could argue that those "really good excellent players" are that way because they're in the right culture system. Brady grew up in it.

Would Brady be Brady if he wasn't brought up in that culture? It's an interesting question.