Anquan Boldin:Bills don’t have “diva mentality” in WR room

YoloinOhio

Well Sammy is gone, Boldin probably won't be here next season and nobody in the current WR core has earned the right to be diva or much of anything else right now. I don't see this as a good thing.

What does their status have to do with the overall message/mentality?

That outlook in the WR room is a good thing to have.

Side note: The 3 top WRs are good, no doubt. Everyone would be perfectly happy with Boldin, Matthews, and Zay (plus the backups) on a team with a franchise QB...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does their status have to do with the overall message/mentality?

That outlook in the WR room is a good thing to have.

Side note: The 3 top WRs are good, no doubt. Everyone would be perfectly happy with Boldin, Matthews, and Zay (plus the backups) on a team with a franchise QB...

Boldin is still effective, but at some point will no longer be, Matthews is out and Zay is a rookie. Who is 'everyone'?

It was me. Boldin and Sammy where in a very animated discussion on the sideline.

Murphy even said so on the radio broadcast. I am not sure though what that discussion was about ever came out.

But looking at them it seemed pretty heated at the time

Watkins, imho, was a primadonna and lazy. Bolden doesn't put up with that. I still say dumping Sammy was the best thing we could do for the WR Corp as a whole. I think many are going to be surprised by how well the WR's perform IF TT gets them the ball

Most great WRs in the NFL are prima donnas. This isn't new.

Yeah, here go the conspiracy theories on Sammy being a " problem " and a " diva" etc etc. seemed like a pretty quiet type as NFL WRs go. Who knows what they were talking about on the sidelines? None of this garbage changes a thing. Trading Sammy for what they got in return was just a bad move. Always going to be hate on this board for players with talent. I'll go with Peter Kings statement about the veteran players loved Sammy over the drivel posted here to advance an anti Sammy agenda.

I mean what are they going to say? Should Boldin say he would have stayed retired than play on a team that traded 2 of their better players? Do you think he cares about draft picks?

And of course, McD is going to say stuff to back up the GM he hired.

Wait, do you think Boldin cares about anything more than a paycheck? Do you think he came to the Bills to win a bunch of games?

Oh, so the fact that he's played in over 95% of the games that his team has played in since he's been on their team shouldn't factor in.

Gotcha

Sammy Watkins wasn't injured in College. What happened in the past means very little. Injuries are pretty random in the NFL. Bad luck can strike at any time. Can't have it both ways.

Sammy Watkins wasn't injured in College. What happened in the past means very little. Injuries are pretty random in the NFL. Bad luck can strike at any time. Can't have it both ways.

Some players are more injury prone than others. Jury still out on Watkins. Could miss 5 games over next 5 years. Could miss 25. His injury history was an issue with many outside Buffalo when the trade went down. It got mentioned by other writers from other cities when analyzing the trade. Not just fans imagining it. Issues go back to college.

https://fansided.com/2014/09/04/buffalo-bills-sammy-watkins-developing-worrisome-injury-history/

Edited by Billsmovinup

Wrong plagued by ankle injuries his sophmore year.

- Minor injury concerns due to a variety of nagging injuries throughout his career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2014/09/04/buffalo-bills-sammy-watkins-developing-worrisome-injury-history/amp/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035924-sammy-watkins-nfl-draft-2014-highlights-scouting-report-and-breakdown

Edited by Bill_with_it

talking about the fans being losers and having "little jobs" while putting up average numbers for a #1 then talking about how your next contract is going to set the market is a low key prima donna?

1) similar numbers through 3 years to Julio Jones with EJ, Orton, & Tyrod.

2). We live in a place where people want to dish it out and can't take it. Fans who talk crap to athletes on social media are losers. Sammy wasn't talking about me. Was he talking about you?

Matter of a fact, I've met the guy a few times and he couldn't have been nicer.

Wait, do you think Boldin cares about anything more than a paycheck? Do you think he came to the Bills to win a bunch of games?

True but I think he thought there might be an outside shot at the playoffs.

The mind of an athlete is to ignore the noise and dream big. So I get where Boldin is coming from. In his mind, he might think he can be as good as Sammy. However being a realistic fan, this move sucked.

Very nice guy, friends went to Clemson with him said he was very nice. Nice -- and perhaps soft by NFL standards. I thought EJ was gonna get him killed, but I was wrong. GOFF!

Gimme the righteous dudes in the room for now. Add talent as needed with draft or FA. Probs need a true number 1 at some point, when OG Boldin retires and we know who our QB will be (Tyrod or otherwise). Not a tank, good business not to tie your future to an oft-injured but talented wideout as it would take a truckload to sign him - if he would even take it.

Yes that is typically what the Pats have done. Still need our QB though. Still hope TT does well this year regardless, I like the guy.

We need a lot more than just our QB... lol. Hence the abundance of draft picks.

I hope TT does well too. O body is going to out-work him, and that's something you really want in a QB.

He really seems to be playing with more of an attitude and a bit of s chip on his shoulder this year. I hope it serves him well.

If he could somehow take a big step forward it would be the best thing for the Bills.

I'm not really counting on it, but I am not convinced that he is done developing after 2 years as a starter, like some others are. I don't think it's impossible that he's able to take a step forward in year 3 (starting). A lot of it will depend on how well he's able to execute Dennison's timing offense and get rid of the ball on time.

We need a lot more than just our QB... lol. Hence the abundance of draft picks.

I hope TT does well too. O body is going to out-work him, and that's something you really want in a QB.

He really seems to be playing with more of an attitude and a bit of s chip on his shoulder this year. I hope it serves him well.

If he could somehow take a big step forward it would be the best thing for the Bills.

I'm not really counting on it, but I am not convinced that he is done developing after 2 years as a starter, like some others are. I don't think it's impossible that he's able to take a step forward in year 3 (starting). A lot of it will depend on how well he's able to execute Dennison's timing offense and get rid of the ball on time.

I know they need more than that, but the reason the Pats have been successful is because of the QB first and foremost, not because of their team building philosophy. You need both but it won't happen overnight.

I love how you guys chew this stuff up, but they are going to go 6-10 and then Boldin will retire. Let's see what the hot takes are then.

Also, only on a Bills message board do people talk about how injury prone another team's WR is, meanwhile our WR1 made it through one day of practice and now he's sitting on the pine, more or less, until the first game.

Man are we smart.

Edited by Elite Poster

Between Boldin's and McD's comments on WRs, a bad picture of Sammy is being painted. Sounds like they wanted him out.

we'll never know if the failure to pick up his 5th year didn't settle well......both sides probably had their points.......hope he has a stellar career with Rams...no harm no foul................