I Feel Bad For Kyle Williams

H2o

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt that the calculus of whether Sammy's foot would allow him to see the field, or even his spot on the roster had any impact on Kyle Williams' decision to play another NFL season for $6,800,000. Rest easy, he isn't losing any sleep over this.

I understand he is a well paid athlete, but everyone wants to win. He has given everything he has to this team and never experienced the success as others have. I'm just saying it has to be pretty crappy to be in the twilight of your career, on the team you have given your all to, and watch them go into another rebuild..... And yes, Joe Thomas is another example.

People like Kyle because he is a PROFESSIONAL football player. Assuming that's right, these latest moves are only going to reinforce your view of him. He's going to be fine.\

By the way, everyone on here sure seems to have moved past the Boldin signing in a super big hurry! Just a few weeks ago there were at least 100 pages on why the Bills needed to go get him. Now....all is lost again?

Even though he is a millionaire living his dream career yada yada I DO feel bad for him because that is the type of guy who I would have loved to see some team success in his NFL career. He has been nothing but the consumate professional his entire time here when this organization has been a complete dumpster fire. He could've demanded a trade so many times and he has never bad mouthed this organization when there were so many opportunites where I would've understood it.

Kyle doesn't play the game just for the money and that is rare nowadays. He obviously has a passion for football and although I was never some hot shot pro football player I did play the game throughout my entire childhood. When you love the game losing takes a toll on you. I know there are far more tragic things going on in our world than this but yes I can say to a degree I do feel bad for Kyle that he had to spend his NFL career here during this era. He deserved so much better

some souless critters about. of course he's a millionaire and I wont say I feel bad. I feel like, yeah, you got paid well but it's a damn shame you have to walk away from an organization that didn't do squat and has yet to, for the cause. the cause being building a contender and yes that includes a QB so he never had a chance with the past regime(s). he has played his guts out for this team and I will always hold a great deal of respect for his contributions as a player and leader in the locker room. millionaire or not.

I understand he is a well paid athlete, but everyone wants to win. He has given everything he has to this team and never experienced the success as others have. I'm just saying it has to be pretty crappy to be in the twilight of your career, on the team you have given your all to, and watch them go into another rebuild..... And yes, Joe Thomas is another example.

By most measures, he has won and won big. Many of us are trying to desperately carve out careers for much, much less. He should feel blessed everyday knowing he has held a job for so long and had been extremely successful at it.

i would hope that the new regime would be honest and up front with him. he has been a great player, a great person, and by all accounts a great teammate and leader. it is apparent to anyone who has watched him play that he gives his all every time he takes the field. he and fred jackson are two of my all time favorites to ever put on a bills uniform. yes they get paid millions to play a game, and yes it is "a business". but these are people. some good, some bad, and some that transcend the game. some are more than just a football player. when i think of what a true buffalo bill is, i think of kyle williams. i would love to see this man lead this team onto the field for a playoff game at the ralph...new era field. but whatever happens, his name better be up on that wall the moment he retires. thank you kyle, for everything.

People like Kyle because he is a PROFESSIONAL football player. Assuming that's right, these latest moves are only going to reinforce your view of him. He's going to be fine.\

By the way, everyone on here sure seems to have moved past the Boldin signing in a super big hurry! Just a few weeks ago there were at least 100 pages on why the Bills needed to go get him. Now....all is lost again?

i think people like kyle because he is a buffalo bill, and a really good one at that. but i think people LOVE kyle williams, because of the human being he is.

Even the fan with the most rose colored glasses cant believe that is going to happen, can they?

It would take a lot breaking their way. Probably more that is reasonable to hope for. But it's not crazy. They're really not that much different from a team that was basically .500 last season.

we traded a guy who scored a whopping two touchdowns for us last year and we replaced a corner with someone better suited to play zone than Darby.

Kyle understands. At $500k per game that equates to roughly $10,000 per snap, of which each play last about 4 seconds.

Not to steal the thread from Kyle but...

Your reasoning that the offense has improved just doesn't make sense. A third string TE and a potential back up at RT doesn't improve anything, if you want to argue that the team has improved on offense, i could get on board but those two points don't have a place in the argument

You ignore that I said "improved the receiver group" and added Dawkins and Thomas. That was the larger point, and your skewer ignores it. I think the offense will be at least comparable as I said. Geesh, no nit to small to pick. I did not attempt to catalogue every single change - did not even give a tip of the cap to our fleet of fullbacks! I think the team will be materially better on the field this year. Therefore don't feel bad for Kyle.