Greatest WR you've seen in your lifetime

major

Rice. Came to play every practice, every down, and every game of his life.

I've always said he was the greatest football player I've ever watched. So, suffice it to say, I'll take him at WR. He broke records like Gretzky....there are no contemporaries for those guys.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's extremely tough not to say Moss for me. But I think Megatron might take it. But it's 1 and 1a for me. 6 in 1, half dozen in the other. Dozen matter to me at all. Either we're unstoppable in their primes. I think of Megateon continues to play he breaks some records.

It's extremely tough not to say Moss for me. But I think Megatron might take it. But it's 1 and 1a for me. 6 in 1, half dozen in the other. Dozen matter to me at all. Either we're unstoppable in their primes. I think of Megateon continues to play he breaks some records.

Calvin was a beast but retired at 30

Has 11,600 yards and 83 TDs.

He is beat up and at most would've played 5-6 more years

No way he sniffs 22,000 and Jerry Rice.

Jerry at 1200 yards at 40!

i never said what records he would break

Regardless, he's still better than Rice

Edited by mrags

The best receiver that I've ever seen play in person is AJ Green. I think he's better than Randy Moss. I only saw Jerry on tv, in the later 1/2 of his career, but he was good. Not an athletic freak, but disclipined, hungry & reliable. Only guy to ever come back from an ACL injury in 13 weeks. He was a workout freak.

Tough to argue with Rice, he was the total package.

Moss was awesome too, the most physically gifted I've seen, but

Megatron is right on his heels.

Sterling Sharpe also awesome, made Farce and his gunslinger style work because he could catch about anything.

As Bills go, Andre Reed for sure. So many great catches during the golden years of this franchise.

I'm only going to go with people who have played while I have been watching the league.... so we are talking 2002 on. All time it clearly is Rice but the Rice I saw right at the end of his career was not the Rice that dominated the league.

My top 3 are TO, Randy Moss and Megatron... in that order.

Implying their situations were somehow equal? Megatron in the West Coast Offense with Montana/Rice throwing to him on those loaded teams would have defined the word "unstoppable."

ALL things being equal, I'd take Megatron over anyone.

Jerry Rice by a mile! He made everything look completely effortless and he showed up every week.

Moss ran only one pattern!

Calvin Johnson ould be second because he was basically uncoverable. Too much size and athleticism!