The leftist news media on the VA act of terrorism...

won't see THIS on the MSM:

My favorite part? The woman(?) in front who gets sucker punched then falls over trying to throw a haymaker. Also of note: No cops to be seen anywhere, other than the guys sitting in their squad car.

Useless.

And if they were out there they would blasted in the media for either protecting White supremacists or for brutalizing protestors. Can't say I blame them for being in that car. Edited by Boatdrinks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they were out there they would blasted in the media for either protecting White supremacists or for brutalizing protestors. Can't say I blame them for being in that car.

no. They'd be protecting the Constitution but the media would tell you elsewise

And if they were out there they would blasted in the media for either protecting White supremacists or for brutalizing protestors. Can't say I blame them for being in that car.

If they are afraid to do their jobs because of that they are in the absolute wrong profession.

hader-popcorn.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1Prison Planet disavows both alt-right and alt-left, pisses EVERYONE off

This is what happens when you spend years pandering to any ‘alt’ view of identity politics.

There is no winning with either of these groups, and Prison Planet should know that by now.

0qvW1agL_normal.jpg

The alt-left & the alt-right are both violent, race-hate groups whose obsession with identity politics is tearing America apart.

Yeah, this didn’t go well.

You can't go against The NARRATIVE........................multiple examples at the link

Peaceful rally in Philly didn't get covered yesterday.

It's not a left/right coverage thing. Peace just doesn't sell. Who wants to see a hosand people having a moment of silence?

Which begs my original question is there ANY legitimate alternative to the ridiculous media in this country? Don't give me the BBC, I've dropped them too for their bias.

Edited by joesixpack

Which begs my original question is there ANY legitimate alternative to the ridiculous media in this country? Don't give me the BBC, I've dropped them too for their bias.

Find the truth in listening.

There never was an unbiased media. The 50s were not a life of Theodore Cleaver. These are all just stories we say.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Peaceful rally in Philly didn't get covered yesterday.

It's not a left/right coverage thing. Peace just doesn't sell. Who wants to see a thousand people having a moment of silence?

bull ****. I've seen plenty of "moments of silence" and candlelight vigils covered, as long as they're for the "correct" cause.

A radical man drives a truck into a crowd in France - Terrorism

A radical man drives a minivan/truck into a crowd in London - Terrorism

A radical man drives a minivan into a crowd in Charlottesville - workplace viooence

fixed. Duhrr

A radical man drives a truck into a crowd in France - Terrorism

A radical man drives a minivan/truck into a crowd in London - Terrorism

A radical man drives a minivan into a crowd in Charlottesville - Not Terrorism

Terrorism has a specific definition.

It has nothing to do with trucks.

Ban trucks now.

You know how in third grade they ask those Reading Comprehension questions which are word problems that include some details that are unimportant, to see if you can weed out the essential vs. incidental information?

Right now you’re the kid obsessing about how much Carlos paid for his ticket when all we really need to know is what time the train will arrive in Chicago.

You know how in third grade they ask those Reading Comprehension questions which are word problems that include some details that are unimportant, to see if you can weed out the essential vs. incidental information?

Right now you’re the kid obsessing about how much Carlos paid for his ticket when all we really need to know is what time the train will arrive in Chicago.

This wasn't one of those questions. This was a deliberate attempt to prop up a narrative in favor of restricting speech, and an argument in favor using the power of the state to shut down an opposing ideology.

But you knew that already.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

This wasn't one of those questions. This was a deliberate attempt to prop up a narrative in favor of restricting speech, and an argument in favor using the power of the state to shut down an opposing ideology.

But you knew that already.

I have bad news for you. The train you're on is not even going to Chicago.

I have bad news for you. The train you're on is not even going to Chicago.

No, that's good news. Who the !@#$ wants to go to Chicago?

Jokes aside, you could stand to engage in just a bit of introspection and intellectual honesty.

Jokes aside, you could stand to engage in just a bit of introspection and intellectual honesty.

The dude can't even see the head-spinning doublethink that is required of him as he supports both the Religion of PeaceTM and gay rights.

No, that's good news. Who the !@#$ wants to go to Chicago?

Please tell me how/where I've failed to do this. I was responding to the issue of whether what happened in Charlottesville was terrorism. To me, it's pretty clear that it is.

The dude can't even see the head-spinning doublethink that is required of him as he supports both the Religion of PeaceTM and gay rights.

You lost me there. Please help me understand what you mean by this.

Please tell me how/where I've failed to do this. I was responding to the issue of whether what happened in Charlottesville was terrorism. To me, it's pretty clear that it is.

You lost me there. Please help me understand what you mean by this.

You don't know what the heck the drivers motives were, or if he even had motives and it wasn't just an accident.

No one does at this point.

How can you possibly claim to know that it's terrorism?

Further, even if his motives were to kill Antifa members with his car, that doesn't make it terrorism. It makes it First Degree Murder, but not terrorism. Again, "terrorism" has a specific meaning.

You don't know what the heck the drivers motives were, or if he even had motives and it was just an accident.

No one does at this point.

How can you possibly claim to know that it's terrorism?

I don't know for sure. It's possible that there was a bee in the car and he spilled some coffee in his crotch and had a bad cramp in his right leg. I'm not calling for the guy to be executed. Information will come to light and he will get to defend himself. But, with what we know right now, it sure looks like terrorism to me.

I don't know for sure. It's possible that there was a bee in the car and he spilled some coffee in his crotch and had a bad cramp in his right leg. I'm not calling for the guy to be executed. Information will come to light and he will get to defend himself. But, with what we know right now, it sure looks like terrorism to me.

Terrorism is acts of violence committed against a population in order that they pressure the existing power structure to change.

Not all politically motivated violence is terrorism.

And again, you don't have any enough information to even know that this was intentional, much less what the motivations of the driver were.

At this point all you're doing is helping to push a narrative that is running independent of facts, and if it turns out that this was nothing more than a tragic accident, will have lent your voice to a mob seeking to crucify a man for crimes he didn't commit.

Or is "hands up, don't shoot" that far out of sight for you?

You don't know what the heck the drivers motives were, or if he even had motives and it wasn't just an accident.

Further, even if his motives were to kill Antifa members with his car, that doesn't make it terrorism. It makes it First Degree Murder, but not terrorism. Again, "terrorism" has a specific meaning.

Ok, I think this distinction is a good one. I think it's unlikely that this was his specific motivation (and it would be tough to make that case in court given the context), but I see the point. It's definitely worth considering. I see what you're saying.

Ok, I think this distinction is a good one. I think it's unlikely that this was his specific motivation (and it would be tough to make that case in court given the context), but I see the point. It's definitely worth considering. I see what you're saying.

I sincerely appreciate your willingness to engage on this.

You can't possibly have 1/10th the free time and energy on your hand to write that trash, right?

JOURNALISM: Ann Althouse: “I wish I felt more confidence that The Washington Post would tell it straight. Maybe this is straight, but how can I know? What trust has been shot to hell in the last few years of journalism!”

Plus: “I have to assume the police deliberately absented themselves.

Was it because they knew or expected the counterprotesters to be the enforcers?

And who started the punching and shoving?

The WaPo report is a model of hiding the human agency: chaos, shoves, and punches seem to be acting on their own.”

I had a discussion with some lefties on facebook in which I asked if they were OK with the punch a nazi ideology. All of them were. I then asked them, well what if, in punching nazis you actually breed more nazis who then come back and assault you?

None could answer that question, unsurprisingly.

JOURNALISM: Ann Althouse: I wish I felt more confidence that The Washington Post would tell it straight. Maybe this is straight, but how can I know? What trust has been shot to hell in the last few years of journalism!

Plus: I have to assume the police deliberately absented themselves.

Was it because they knew or expected the counterprotesters to be the enforcers?

And who started the punching and shoving?

The WaPo report is a model of hiding the human agency: chaos, shoves, and punches seem to be acting on their own.

The be fair, the city initially rejected the permit because they said they didn't think they could keep it safe.

So the "Unite the Right" group sued the city to get it back.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/charlottesville-sued-over-permit-decision-for-unite-the-right-rally/article_250db95e-7cac-5a57-a6d5-78b8ba044937.html

In fact, the ACLU supported them in their cause. So you don't get to complain, after the fact, that you were too hemmed in.

By the by, it turns out a number of those counter protesters *did* have a permit, according to that article.

I had a discussion with some lefties on facebook in which I asked if they were OK with the punch a nazi ideology. All of them were. I then asked them, well what if, in punching nazis you actually breed more nazis who then come back and assault you?

None could answer that question, unsurprisingly.

I have one for you: Because they're cowards and bullies. I've seen some of the live streams from the night before, and the first hand accounts of students who found themselves with a torch mob in their homes.

The mob congratulated itself for siezing the campus, which being a college at night in the summer, was underpopulated. So the White Supremacists, armed with torches and outnumbering their foe (about 50 to one, according to the account) had no problem with violence then while they beat the tar out of them until the cops broke it up.

Meanwhile, Richard Spencer showed up. But it turns out he had a glitch megaphone, so he couldn't get the media presence he wanted. So he slipped away with his bodyguards, leaving his followers behind.

The next day, with prior notice and the hard light of day, suddenly there was violence on "many sides, many sides". The men who brought rifles are now so scared that one of them decided to drive a car through a group of people with signs, and then back over them.

So all evidence shows that the second they see a hint of resistance from people they bully, like most cowards and bullies, they wet themselves and ask why they're the ones in trouble.

The be fair, the city initially rejected the permit because they said they didn't think they could keep it safe.

So the "Unite the Right" group sued the city to get it back.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/charlottesville-sued-over-permit-decision-for-unite-the-right-rally/article_250db95e-7cac-5a57-a6d5-78b8ba044937.html

In fact, the ACLU supported them in their cause. So you don't get to complain, after the fact, that you were too hemmed in.

By the by, it turns out a number of those counter protesters *did* have a permit, according to that article.

but they didn't have a right to bring weapons. Note:. Those who have a permit to carry a gun were not carrying weapons.

Further, it was attempted to be moved due to political grandstanding and denying this is outrageous. McAuliffe and the mayor we're doing everything they could to hide and sent this.

I have one for you: Because they're cowards and bullies. I've seen some of the live streams from the night before, and the first hand accounts of students who found themselves with a torch mob in their homes.

The mob congratulated itself for siezing the campus, which being a college at night in the summer, was underpopulated. So the White Supremacists, armed with torches and outnumbering their foe (about 50 to one, according to the account) had no problem with violence then while they beat the tar out of them until the cops broke it up.

Meanwhile, Richard Spencer showed up. But it turns out he had a glitch megaphone, so he couldn't get the media presence he wanted. So he slipped away with his bodyguards, leaving his followers behind.

The next day, with prior notice and the hard light of day, suddenly there was violence on "many sides, many sides". The men who brought rifles are now so scared that one of them decided to drive a car through a group of people with signs, and then back over them.

So all evidence shows that the second they see a hint of resistance from people they bully, like most cowards and bullies, they wet themselves and ask why they're the ones in trouble.

isolating this statement by statement we will start with the largest accusation. The one that took a life.

Where is your proof that the Maumee kid was doing this out of protest to the AntiFa?

So, might makes right. Got it.

I wonder if the coverage would be different if it was an Arab driving the car, shouting allahu akbar?

I'll be it would be. I'll bet it would be "we shouldn't extrapolate the beliefs of many on behalf of one crazy."

Edited by joesixpack

but they didn't have a right to bring weapons. Note:. Those who have a permit to carry a gun were not carrying weapons.

Further, it was attempted to be moved due to political grandstanding and denying this is outrageous. McAuliffe and the mayor we're doing everything they could to hide and sent this.

isolating this statement by statement we will start with the largest accusation. The one that took a life.

Where is your proof that the Maumee kid was doing this out of protest to the AntiFa?

Ok, let's start with the biggest one then: I will concede, we should give time for proper investigation. Full rights of the accused to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

But the man currently accused of driving the car was photographed holding a shield with a white supremacist "vanguard". He was at least comfortable associating with them at their rally.

The car itself, behaved in a way to cause maximum damage on unarmed persons: speeding up to hit, and then *backing up* to do additional damage. So either the person did that intentionally, or had such a reckless disregard for human life as to be a menace to society.

If it is on purpose, I don't see how his cause wouldn't have motivated him to do it. If it was reckless disregard, you don't mealy mouth about how it's not your responsibility that he was linked to you.

That's what most moderates of any faith used for terrorism (Christian, Muslim, he'll even Buddhists have violent sects) do. It's what Sanders did.

So, might makes right. Got it.

I wonder if the coverage would be different if it was an Arab driving the car, shouting allahu akbar?

I'll be it would be. I'll bet it would be "we shouldn't extrapolate the beliefs of many on behalf of one crazy."

I guess that makes difference between George Washington and Robert E Lee doesn't it? /s

You're right though. And then there would he calls for Muslim leaders to denounce it, which most do. Oh, there are always wackos, but that's on all sides.

What I wouldn't hear is how talking about how violent the side who got run over were.