The leftist news media on the VA act of terrorism...

Some things NEVER change: One GUESS how Obama shared his thoughts about #Charlottesville

Many political figures were out in full force condemning actions in Charlottesville, Va. yesterday and calling for peace, unity, etc. And of course Barack Obama was front and center offering his two cents:

Well, his two cents and a picture of … himself.

C3pH31eUkAA7ZNe.jpg

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some things NEVER change: One GUESS how Obama shared his thoughts about #Charlottesville

Many political figures were out in full force condemning actions in Charlottesville, Va. yesterday and calling for peace, unity, etc. And of course Barack Obama was front and center offering his two cents:

Well, his two cents and a picture of himself.

C3pH31eUkAA7ZNe.jpg

Follow

5g0FC8XX_normal.jpgBarack Obama

@BarackObama

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

8:06 PM - Aug 12, 2017

Deep Thoughts

By Barack Obama

Again the "mis-statement from on high" from Ben....................

If I wanted to connect ex-president Obama (I love that phrase) to this, I would have posted about in the Charlottesville or monuments thread.

The funny thing is............. my post was pointing out how Barack was making the situation about him, and here comes bf to criticize me about making it about Obama.

You can't get any wittier than that.

B-)

Edited by B-Man

Well, his two cents and a picture of … himself.

C3pH31eUkAA7ZNe.jpg

The available evidence suggests that they are, and tolerance is the learned behavior.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP’S STATEMENTS ON CHARLOTTESVILLE?

by John Hindraker

President Trump has come under fire for not singling out white supremacists for condemnation following the violent clashes in Charlottesville. Trump has made several statements about those events, both orally and on Twitter. He condemned “in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides.” He added: “It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time.”

His tweets have mostly been calls for unity:

We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!

Today the White House released an additional statement that specifically addressed white supremacist groups:

The president said very strongly in his statement yesterday that he condemns all forms of violence, bigotry and hatred and of course that includes white Supremacists, KKK, neo-Nazi and all extremist groups. He called for national unity and bringing all Americans together.

Trump’s various statements have failed to satisfy just about everybody, including many Republicans–Scott, for one. Trump’s position may or may not be politically wise, but I am sympathetic to it.

What his critics want him to do is denounce white supremacist groups to the exclusion of anyone else. The problem with his statements, in the eyes of critics, is they are too even-handed. Trump’s denunciation includes both the white supremacists in Charlottesville and the fascist “antifas” who counter-protested, as well as other hate groups.

This seems entirely appropriate to me, as the Charlottesville violence resulted in large part from the fact that the “antifas” showed up, spoiling for a fight. The videos I have seen suggest that the “antifas” were at least as responsible for the violent clashes as the white supremacists. Both deserve to be repudiated, and fascists who riot and try to shut down other people’s speech are just as reprehensible as racists.

So why are the critics so eager to force the president to single out the white supremacists? Because they want to tie him to the “alt-right.” They want an implicit admission from President Trump that the nuts who marched in Charlottesville and the man who drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters had something to do with him. The Associated Press says:

Trump’s critics pointed to the president’s racially tinged rhetoric as exploiting the nation’s festering racial tension.

What “racially tinged rhetoric” is that? The AP doesn’t say. It quotes one such critic, the Mayor of Charlottesville, who explicitly ties the president to the white supremacists:

I’m not going to make any bones about it. I place the blame for a lot of what you’re seeing in America today right at the doorstep of the White House and the people around the president.

This is, I think, an outrageous slander, and I am sure the president agrees.

The Democrats are eager to take advantage of the fact that James Fields, who drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing at least one, was one of the white supremacist demonstrators. His act was reprehensible and those of us who still favor capital punishment would likely find him eligible for it. But where were the Democrats when James Hodgkinson tried to assassinate Republican Congressmen, grievously wounding Majority Whip Steve Scalise?

Hodgkinson wasn’t a member of some obscure left-wing fringe group. Rather, he was a union activist, rabid Democrat and Bernie Sanders campaign worker. Did the Democrats tell us that his act was symbolic of life in Bernie Sanders’ America? No.

The reality is that there is far too much political violence. It is all unacceptable–fascist “antifas” rioting at the inauguration of President Trump, left-wing students and hangers-on rioting and committing assault at places like Berkeley, Middlebury and Claremont, mainstream Democrats like James Hodgkinson trying to assassinate political opponents, murderers inspired by Black Lives Matter killing policemen, and fringe fanatics like James Fields similarly committing murder. I am evidently in the minority, but I think President Trump is right to condemn all political violence rather than singling out the one incident that Democrats want to talk about, while whitewashing the rest.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/what-is-wrong-with-president-trumps-statements-on-charlottesville.php

Edited by B-Man

I just saw a video where before the driver started his rampage his car was being hit by a baseball bat and surrounded and then he punched the gas

Not saying it's right at all. But after watching that video he looked like he panicked

Where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share or point to some of this evidence? I'm not aware of it. My own experience is that babies & children are not inherently hateful of differences.

hateful is too strong. It's amazing studies, though; by the time I am to my laptop someone may beat me.

But many studies have been done that show infants and young children from different backgrounds generally congregate or choose to join likened groups by race, height, etc.

I'll look; not sure I can find the papers online.

You may find some research that indicates babies will tend to gravitate towards people that look more like mommy or bro or sis than someone who looks different. All else equal, that’s not surprising—and I’ve seen some studies showing that. Babies also tend to show favorable attention to images of women who are commonly thought of as attractive as opposed to unattractive ones.

But I’m confident you will not find solid science to support the claim that hatred of those with a different skin color is innate. It’s safe to say that the Obama quote (from Mandela) in question, which you were quick to dispute, is reasonable and accurate.

It’s really not a controversial statement. And it’s not something intended to be divisive or ax-grinding or partisan. Quite the opposite.

You may find some research that indicates babies will tend to gravitate towards people that look more like mommy or bro or sis than someone who looks different. All else equal, thats not surprisingand Ive seen some studies showing that. Babies also tend to show favorable attention to images of women who are commonly thought of as attractive as opposed to unattractive ones.

But Im confident you will not find solid science to support the claim that hatred of those with a different skin color is innate. Its safe to say that the Obama quote (from Mandela) in question, which you were quick to dispute, is reasonable and accurate.

Its really not a controversial statement. And its not something intended to be divisive or ax-grinding or partisan. Quite the opposite.

it's not factual. It's carefully crafted. Used for political agenda by Obama. To create the heir of hatred by those who are against you divides and separates as Obama has done for the better part of a decade.

The psychology you speak of doesn't involve hate or love. It's merely attention. Attention can be for hate or love. We have no way of knowing in those children. And even as adults we find many who would rather surround themselves with hate and anger than peace and happiness.

The psychological aspect of all of this is amazing. Over the weekend South Carolina had a rodeo and as such they proudly proclaimed the passion for their heritage and played Dixie with the Stars and bars being rode. This was after a moment of prayer for the victims in Charlottesville.

The opposite of hate is not love. Nor is love the opposite of hate. Both are two strongly divisive emotions that can fuel a lot of energy. Obama used "hate" and other such divisional statements more than anyone I've known.

The opposite for love and hate is apathy, as well. Apathy is nothing to contend with until, as LABIllz points out - you will be forced to care. I am forced to address these issues at work, in my personal life, etc. And if I don't I am either a dumbass, redneck, raysis, etc. The truth is I don't give two shots about Charlottesville. Any idiot within 5 miles of the place during this deserves whatever happens.

it's not factual. It's carefully crafted. Used for political agenda by Obama.

The *agenda* you see here is your own invention. It does not exist in the statement we’re talking about. Obama did not use the opportunity to criticize the current pres or administration. Nothing political was discussed or even implied.

The psychology you speak of doesn't involve hate or love. It's merely attention...

Exactly. That’s part of my point. It’s why I do not agree with what Tom said.

Any idiot within 5 miles of the place during this deserves whatever happens.

Does that include someone who lives there and happens to be “ethnic-looking?” Do they have to vacate their home for the weekend? Is it ok if they just hide inside with the curtains drawn? Edited by Cugalabanza

The *agenda* you see here is your own invention. It does not exist in the statement were talking about. Obama did not use the opportunity to criticize the current pres or administration. Nothing political was discussed or even implied.

not in this quote but he has in everything else he has done.

He is the most disrespectful and unprofessional former president I have known. No other former president has been so critical and available for comment as Obama.

The *agenda* you see here is your own invention. It does not exist in the statement were talking about. Obama did not use the opportunity to criticize the current pres or administration. Nothing political was discussed or even implied.

Exactly. Thats part of my point. Its why I do not agree with what Tom said.

Does that include someone who lives there and happens to be ethnic-looking? Do they have to vacate their home for the weekend? Is it ok if they just hide inside with the curtains drawn?

they can stay in their house for the time, they can leave town, etc. If they're smart they'll leave.

What about the white folks in Ferguson? White folks in Baltimore? The man for the kitty hat march?

If you're dumb enough to stay you deserve it

Exactly. Thats part of my point. Its why I do not agree with what Tom said.

Does that include someone who lives there and happens to be ethnic-looking? Do they have to vacate their home for the weekend? Is it ok if they just hide inside with the curtains drawn?

also find me some sort of evidence that the skinheads were attacking anyone. By all accounts they were the victims

also find me some sort of evidence that the skinheads were attacking anyone. By all accounts they were the victims

I can't go as far as calling those azzholes, "victims"...........they put themselves there, and I would bet a few of them started fights also

but:

JIM TREACHER: It’s Wrong To Physically Attack People For What They Say, Even If What They Say Makes You Very Angry.

I can't go as far as calling those azzholes, "victims"...........they put themselves there, and I would bet a few of them started fights also

but:

JIM TREACHER: Its Wrong To Physically Attack People For What They Say, Even If What They Say Makes You Very Angry.

it isn't easy to call them victims. But they are.

Too often we are told the woman who wore the mini skirt and bustier was not asking for it by walking down the dark alley... But...

Still, you should be entirely free to be an idiot

You may find some research that indicates babies will tend to gravitate towards people that look more like mommy or bro or sis than someone who looks different. All else equal, that’s not surprising—and I’ve seen some studies showing that. Babies also tend to show favorable attention to images of women who are commonly thought of as attractive as opposed to unattractive ones.

But I’m confident you will not find solid science to support the claim that hatred of those with a different skin color is innate. It’s safe to say that the Obama quote (from Mandela) in question, which you were quick to dispute, is reasonable and accurate.

It’s really not a controversial statement. And it’s not something intended to be divisive or ax-grinding or partisan. Quite the opposite.

But wouldn't you agree that in the day & age of identity politics, babies' proclivity to pay more attention to their own race, likeness or attractiveness can be spun as hatred of those who don't get that attention?

ICorLWqZ_bigger.jpg Laura French @lfrenchnews 13h13 hours ago

Our @CBS6 photojournalist assaulted in the head while shooting protests in Richmond. In the hospital getting stitches

Stop the VIOLENCE!

Local CBS cameraman attacked by Antifa thug

When 2 Wash. Post reporters were detained for 30 minutes in Ferguson, national media went apeshit. Here? Not a word.

But wouldn't you agree that in the day & age of identity politics, babies' proclivity to pay more attention to their own race, likeness or attractiveness can be spun as hatred of those who don't get that attention?

"Can be spun...?"

Sure, I agree that in this day & age of nonsense politics dog **** can be spun into gold. But I'm not very interested in that. I'm interested in making sense.

Edited by Cugalabanza

won't see THIS on the MSM:

My favorite part? The woman(?) in front who gets sucker punched then falls over trying to throw a haymaker. Also of note: No cops to be seen anywhere, other than the guys sitting in their squad car.

Useless.

Edited by joesixpack

My favorite part? The woman(?) in front who gets sucker punched then falls over trying to throw a haymaker. Also of note: No cops to be seen anywhere, other than the guys sitting in their squad car.

Useless.

in Charlotte for the March police surrounded the marchers to protect them as they walked. In Charlottesville. Nope

What was the motivation for the judge to refuse to allow the city to move the rally?

Freedom of Speech/Assembly

"No, Virginia State Police weren't outgunned by militiamen."

http://reason.com/blog/2017/08/14/no-virginia-state-police-werent-outgunne

Gov. Terry McAuliffe says militia members at Saturday's Charlottesville rally had better equipment than state troopers. Not really.

charlottesville-police856.jpg?h=225&w=30

It sure is pretty now that the media can proclaim deadly in all their headlines. Bet McAuliffe is one happy sob

C'mon guys, cops are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation in these things. Y'all know better.

their mission is to uphold the law of the land. The tiberius' had a right to march. Edited by Boyst62

Freedom of Speech/Assembly

"No, Virginia State Police weren't outgunned by militiamen."

http://reason.com/blog/2017/08/14/no-virginia-state-police-werent-outgunne

Gov. Terry McAuliffe says militia members at Saturday's Charlottesville rally had better equipment than state troopers. Not really.

charlottesville-police856.jpg?h=225&w=30

They needed a permit, didn't they?

Useless.

She may be 400 pounds but she can't throw a decent punch.