McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly worry about Sammy's health but everyone worried about Julio's health through 3 years. Now he's elite. Watkins can end up there. Matthews ceiling is as a good player but not great.

Sammy wasn't playing for the Bills next season, has insulted the fans AND indicated he thinks his contract should be around the level of ODBs. Were you prepared to pay as one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL?

Sammy wasn't playing for the Bills next season, has insulted the fans AND indicated he thinks his contract should be around the level of ODBs. Were you prepared to pay as one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL?

Probably not unless he has a breakout 2017. If you still do not want to pay him then you tag and trade. Teams would have lined up after this 2017.

Instead he was traded for beans.

These two men have come from a winning program and i'm sure they have implemented a system to mirror what they know! I trust them, this move solidifies this for me. Sammy had to be dealt now or risk nothing for him in the future and Darby was nothing special he got burnt most of last season. Go-Bills!!!!

Edited by Go-Bills

You're right, I have.

But not any more! Why? Because we have ownership and leadership that apparently don't believe in 8-8 bandaids! There's hope!

Get real! Ownership is clueless. Their two franchises prove it. But heh buy into the hope/hype. Like the past owner and their shill Brandon sell so well.

Here we are, winning the offseason again. :wallbash:

I'll trust them when they build a consistent championship contender.

This. It's obviously better to get a 2nd round pick + a player now for Watkins than to let him walk next year (or to trade him for a 4th, as with Marshawn Lynch). But in general, a team doesn't improve by trading away talent.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Probably not unless he has a breakout 2017. If you still do not want to pay him then you tag and trade. Teams would have lined up after this 2017.

Instead he was traded for beans.

Because it's just that easy. Hell, I'm sure that if Beane were a real GM he would have gotten 3 1st round picks for Watkins.

The Bills weren't going to do better than a player and a second round pick unless Watkins played all 16 games AND put up Megatron-type numbers (in which case, why wouldn't they just pay him?)

Not giving him the fifth year was the first mistake they made. Now, re-sign him is the right move. He would have signed if the money was right. The third option is franchise him. He's worth it.

This is not the same thing but it's close; it's Jason Peters. The Bills were not willing (stupidly) to pay a fabulous star player what the going rate is and what he is worth. So they let him go to someone that does see how good he is and is willing to not only pay him the going rate but throw in a #1 pick for it. And he becomes a perennial All-pro.

Maybe splitting hairs but Beane wasn't here for another week when they passed on Watkin's option

I figured they would use the whole season to evaluate talent.

Apparently they are quicker than that.

If McD and Beane know talent, we should trust them.

There should be no half measures, TT and Shady should go and in two years we could have an amazing nucleus.

I am on the record of not liking the Watkins trade. I also don't like the Darby trade, but I can accept that one more especially given we got a DB back in Watkins trade and Darby got us a WR as well to go with both draft assets. I think Darby can still be really good and Rex and company screwed him up last year. I would have preferred to keep our young talent rather than gamble on future young talent.

But, all that being said, I fully support this FO and McD. I may or may not agree with each move, but thats ok, what I like about them is they have a clear decisive decision making process and vision. I have really liked what I have seen out of both so far even though I hated losing Sammy. At the end of the day, it sounds like the FO felt it couldn't resign Sammy if he had a big year to a deal they could swallow, so they decided to get something for him rather than lose him for nothing. While I would have personally taken the chance, I can also respect their belief in that and take their word for it and allows me to understand the move better.

So, I am still pro this staff even though I am not a fan of losing Watkins and Darby before we got to see their potential resurgence here. I will give them kudos for getting back a WR and a DB in the process to go along with draft assets though.

Edited by Alphadawg7

That these 2 are sympatico gives me a whole lot more hope than Rex blowhard and Doug I dont know what Im doing Whaley.

"Doug I don't know what I"m doing" would not trade a #1 WR for a 6th round corner and a 2nd round draft pick. That's how you LOSE trades. 6th round corner ranked 111th in NFL!!!! I didn't know there were that many DBs in the NFL!

But then, that's what Mister Bean would do wouldn't he?

mr-bean.jpg

I love these guys. The owner hires people to run the team. He just owns them. They seem to work really well togeather. No leaks also on this deal. That's a plus. We got two established players. Darby is a man to man guy. Our new "D" is zone. Sammy? Will always be a ?? TT will have a good year. I think we will all love these two after a while. They were joined at the hip in Caroline and that is really important. Came from a winning team and are a team. What more to like?

Is he elite when healthy? I have always been a Watkins fan and I think he is very good but he hasnt shown he is elite in my opinion.

There are 20 active WRs who average more yards per game played. They don't all have Brady as their QB.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_per_g_career.htm