Serious question: Is this the beginning of a tank?

Heavy Kevi

darby is more confusing to me than watkins. i at least understand the logic behind trading watkins.

Tre & Darby as your up and coming corners is something solid to build on.

Inconsistent in the past two years, but the talent is there and only 23.

Who the hell is EJ Gaines?

Edited by TheElectricCompany

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the vets feel about these moves? A guy like Kyle who was talked into coming back this season. Or a guy like Boldin, after all the talk about him being brought in to mentor Sammy.

If the Bills had any class they'd cut Kyle Williams and let him latch on with a playoff team.

These trades, and our clear intent to rebuild through the draft make it pretty clear this team isn't going to compete for another few years while they search for and groom a young QB.

If Shady gets traded then I'll believe we are tanking.

If the Bills were smart they'd trade McCoy and get some compensation and get out from that contract.

This team is no longer built to compete this year, so we might as well cash in on McCoy.

I really look at this/these trades as an even make out based on last year, but we gained picks. Im warming up to the idea although I really liked Sammy, Darby not so much

Perhaps, but Sammy has the potential to be a BIG TIME player in this league. He may never pan out, but his ceiling is much higher than Mathews.

We picked up a #1 caliber CB and a #1 caliber WR, we also picked up an extra 2nd and extra 3rd round draft pick. I think this is smart IMO. Chances are we are not going to have a legendary championship season, so hanging it all on Watkins and Darby is stupid. As McDermott has been saying -- build for short term and long term -- I honestly think this does not have a huge impact on us short term and it has tremendous upside long term.

We drafted CB in the 1st this year, and got a 3rd for a guy in Darby whose play fell off last year. I think it makes sense.

i still think darby can be fantastic. your logic is certainly right, and i'm sure that was the reasoning. i guess it's all about picks at this point.

Edited by teef

Perhaps, but Sammy has the potential to be a BIG TIME player in this league. He may never pan out, but his ceiling is much higher than Mathews.

I agree, but at this point with his injury history and the offense we run I don't think it impacts us all that much this year. That's why I said I am bummed about Sammy but I get it