Serious question: Is this the beginning of a tank?

Heavy Kevi

Matthews is not a good receiver. Has stone hands. Hes a free agent after this year also. So is Gaines, so we may not even keep them next year. Philly is laughing at us right now for taking Matthews. They've been trying to get someone to take him since april. They get a #1 corner and only need to give up a 3rd rd pick and a guy who was prob going to be cut

Complete bull$hit that he has stone hands.Darby didn't look like a number one corner last year did he? Philly fans are not laughing, they are lamenting the loss of a proven leader, team player and skilled WR in hopes of landing a CB which is an area of serious need.

Gaines is 5'9" and isn't a starting caliber CB - he started on an awful Rams team as a rookie, missed all of 2015 and was a backup last year playing in only 11 games

Gaines: 5-feet-10, weighs 185 pounds and is 25 years old.

Darby : 5- feet- 11 weighs 193 pounds and is 23 years old.

Gaines was all rookie his first year and was injured early in training camp his second year missing the season.

How do you assess he is not starting material in a new defensive scheme and healthy?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete bull$hit that he has stone hands.Darby didn't look like a number one corner last year did he? Philly fans are not laughing, they are lamenting the loss of a proven leader, team player and skilled WR in hopes of landing a CB which is an area of serious need.

[/size][/font][/color]

This is a fact. I called in to radio 97.5 in Philadelphia today. I talked to shander, the host, about what a reasonable expectation was for Matthews he said 900 yards and 9 TD would be a reasonable one. If that holds true, that's a massive improvement over last year. He also said the guy was a solid teammate and productive leader.

Gaines was their starting CB in 2014 - on an awful team. He missed all of 2015 and was a backup as best I can tell last year only playing in 11 games. Watkins was traded for a 2nd round pick and a throw in who will make this team only because they have no CBs beyond Tre White.

Corrected: Gaines started 10 games last year for the Rams, but is still not a quality starter at 5'9".

I beg to differ. Darby was not much better.

Trading Darby was the tank move.

Entirely new Secondary and WR corps.

And that secondary (LBs included) ain't covering anybody---especially considering who we face. And I like White--but not counting on a rookie CB to cover Julio, Cooks, Benjamin, Michael Thomas, Keenan, Demarious, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, and TY. Good luck boys.

I see us beating the Jets twice, Miami at home, and one more. Maybe New Orleans at home bc Brees in Buffalo in November....so that's it.

4-12. Top 5 pick.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Giving Beane and McDermott the benefit of the doubt, you have to assume that they don't think Watkins will fulfill his potential to turn into an elite WR. Otherwise the trade makes little sense to me. They could easily have kept him by picking up his option or franchising him after a good year.

McDermott basically said this at his PC. When asked if the team would be worse in 2017 due to this trade, he responded that you could make arguments either way. That said it all to me regarding his thoughts on Watkins. If he doesn't think that Watkins will be better than Matthews this season then of course trading him for Matthews PLUS a draft pick is a no brainer.