Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Gaines better become a top 10 corner this year or we got absolutely ripped off. Watkins is a top 5 WR when healthy. Was Gaines even going to start for the Rams this year?

I could have stomached this trade if we got a 1st or a 2nd + 3rd. We did not get enough draft capital either.

What i like most about these trades tho is they help us both now and in the future. We added high draft picks for the future. But we also get more productive players for the current team. As Gaines and Matthews have been more productive than Watkins and Darby.

Gaines better become a top 10 corner this year or we got absolutely ripped off. Watkins is a top 5 WR when healthy. Was Gaines even going to start for the Rams this year?

I could have stomached this trade if we got a 1st or a 2nd + 3rd. We did not get enough draft capital either.

No, Gaines lost his starting job to Kayvon Webster.

The Rams' nickel corner is none other than Nickell Robey-Coleman.

Wrong.

The Pegulas ARE dumb. No sports acumen whatsoever.

if we went 6-10 again this year, what would you do? How would you run this team better? I think we are on the right track, it's just going to take some shockers like today to do it.

What i like most about these trades tho is they help us both now and in the future. We added high draft picks for the future. But we also get more productive players for the current team. As Gaines and Matthews have been more productive than Watkins and Darby.

Lol

Trying to make sense of this.. Darby was clearly Lost last season. His best skills were 1on1 which isn't our new D. Mathews avgs 900 yrds 6 TDS/season. Gotta trust McD on this. Sammy is/can be a thoroughbred, but how good can a WR with a bum foot be? Opting not to extend rookie contract means he'll cost a ton of $$ next year -if he was even in future plans. We know he could be a HOFer, but he doesn't have great work habits and IS often injured. Getting something for him vs letting him go in the offseason is a plus. But Gaines also missed a year with Lisfranc fracture, though if healthy, is a fit for our 4-3. Bottom line: 2 starters for 2 starters PLUS 2-1sts, 2-2nds & 2-3rds next Draft.

Wrong.

The Pegulas ARE dumb. No sports acumen whatsoever.

"Wrong", yeah ok, that is your opinion, we shall see how's opinion is correct.

It doesn't take any rocket science to figure out if you embark on a rebuild it will take a few years. I believe they most likely would have kept Ryan if the product on the field had not been an uter embarrassment. Everyone know, esp the Pegula's to expect very little in the W/L column for at least the new two years.

i am pissed we traded Sammy. But after cooling down and thinking about it, we did alright.

We now have 2 #1s, 2#2s, 3#3s- and possibly 4#3s if we make the cuts

Sammy-Jordan- Sammy all world when/if healthy. Mathews is 6'3 and has been very productive in college and the nfl. And he is an excellent blocker. He will save millions on the cap. And even if he bolts after this season, chances are we receive a 3rd round compensatory pick. New trend? Boldin, Zay, and Mathews are all big target, move the chains players.

Gaines had an excellent rookie season. He is has great instincts, and will do well in our zone. I will take a 3rd and Gaines for Darby all day. Plus if he bolts, yet another compensatory pick

In summary- we are stockpiling picks. The next draft might yield 6 key contributers. We freed up cap space. We got bigger and tougher at WR. And we are shaping up our 4-3 zone and smashmouth, 10 yard posts style. I like where we are headed.

PS my guess Ragland is traded for whatever we could get. That pretty much concludes all Whaleys moves

We just traded two first rounders, a fourth, and a sixth for EJ Gaines and a second. That looks brilliant on paper, right?

That's of no concern to McDermott and Beanne, those were not their mistakes. Short of being franchised, Watkins wasn't coming back. We now have 2 1st round, 2 2nd round and 2 3rd round picks. I think we now have enough amo to trade for any qb we want next year. Considering what we've gotten out of Sammy, I think it was a good, pro-active move to get something for him.

Edited by Dopey

Well now that J. Peterman is our starting quarterback he wouldn't be able to get the ball downfield to take advantage of Sammy so Matthews might be almost as good.

wondered how long before someone had the guts to say this. better get yourself down in rectal defilade before the incoming starts.