Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Right now, it's a bad move IMO. Wasting what is likely Kyle's last year. Maybe not being able to truly evaluate TT in the most important season. Getting rid of star players. Banking on your own ability to do something you have yet to prove you can do under anyone's standard.

TT doesn't need any more evaluation.

He is what he is, and what he isn't is a franchise QB.

Massive failure in what the Bills got in exchange for a elite talent at WR. If he stays healthy...the Bills Got absolutely fleeced. Maybe he doesn't and it looks better, but his career thus far has mirrored Julio Jones'. I wouldn't have let this guy walk for anything less than a first rounder.

You could never get a first rounder for a guy who can't stay on the field, wake up.

Once again, you are incorrect here.

Read this:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194793-sammy-to-be-100-ready-to-go-for-training-camp/page-3?do=findComment&comment=4438607

He actually made more of his opportunities than the others on this list.

You're still picking a specific 9 game sample size that supports your opinion and ignoring the rest of his career statistics. The problem is you reached your conclusion and now you're trying to find information to support it.

^Kelly the Dog

I think it's more about professionalism than character. Fine line, but I think the difference is being fit to work in the NFL for the former and just being a "good person" for the latter.

A team wants the guys who are taking care of themselves, going to be available, and then produce while on the field.

These moves hurt all the Vets hopes of reaching the playoffs. I'll be surprised if we win 4 games. The Bills on our roster will not be lookin to play for this organization as hard as they might have prior to these changes. Beane, pack your bags.

People, PLEASE don't tell me you are surprised. Seriously.

For decades the Bills have focused on the secondary more than any other position with first round pick after first round pick as well as free agent signings. Well, this administration went further and traded away their most talented player for a corner. If the Bills had a top 10 quarterback they would probably trade him for a corner. I have been telling you folks this since the day I came on TSW.

I hope that this is not a prelude to leaving WNY because the fans won't put up with this. People watch the Bills and spend their money to see a winner, not to watch cornerbacks.

The Bills are now the most boring team in the NFL, hands down.

Either the Bills were not comfortable signing Sammy long term due to injury concerns. Or they new Sammy was pricing himself out of Buffalo regardless of his health. Its a bit of the Tortoise and the Hare. Would you rather have an elite receiver who plays half the time or a good receiver who plays all of the time?

Edited by Maddog69

^Kelly the Dog

I think it's more about professionalism than character. Fine line, but I think the difference is being fit to work in the NFL for the former and just being a "good person" for the latter.

A team wants the guys who are taking care of themselves, going to be available, and then produce while on the field.

Watkins works very hard. I'm not sure about Darby either way.

You're still picking a specific 9 game sample size that supports your opinion and ignoring the rest of his career statistics. The problem is you reached your conclusion and now you're trying to find information to support it.

No, not at all.

What I've done is compare the entirety of the 2015 season for every receiver; you need to actually read the stuff.

And the reason I focus on the 9-game stretch often is because (as you'd know if you took a second to read) it's the only stretch of his career during which he received anywhere close to the same number of targets as those guys.

It's an issue of opportunity when on the field; not an issue of performance.

For decades the Bills have focused on the secondary more than any other position with first round pick after first round pick as well as free agent signings. Well, this administration went further and traded away their most talented player for a corner. If the Bills had a top 10 quarterback they would probably trade him for a corner. I have been telling you folks this since the day I came on TSW.

I hope that this is not a prelude to leaving WNY because the fans won't put up with this. People watch the Bills and spend their money to see a winner, not to watch cornerbacks.

Wrong time to trot out this argument considering that they also traded a corner for a WR

No, not at all.

What I've done is compare the entirety of the 2015 season for every receiver; you need to actually read the stuff.

And the reason I focus on the 9-game stretch often is because (as you'd know if you took a second to read) it's the only stretch of his career during which he received anywhere close to the same number of targets as those guys.

It's an issue of opportunity when on the field; not an issue of performance.

Wrong time to trot out this argument considering that they also traded a corner for a WR

Sure, defend them. I am not going to fight you my friend.

Oh stop it.

This is utter foolishness.

Watkins works very hard. I'm not sure about Darby either way.

I can't say whether he does or doesn't, but I know that Matthews is available more often. He also seems like more of a leader.

Regardless, I do wonder separately if they'll use Matthews as a returner and if that also opens up a roster spot.