Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Darby, despite his drop in level of play, was a better player than Gaines last year.

As to Matthews putting up similar numbers, well, the only year in which he met (or exceeded) Sammy's numbers was last year, and it took him 6 additional games to do so (in an offense that passed far, far more than Buffalo's).

I'm sorry, but that's not close to an upgrade in either way.

The only improvement is in draft capitol, which still requires the front office to get the right guys.

Bingo

Ok. Then get rid of Tyrod, Shady and Kyle.

Don't half ass the tank.

And Sammys 24 YO potential superstar if giving the balls. He's not 35.

There is NO reason to trade him.

And pick up the freakinf 5th year option as well. They would have got way more for Sammy if he had 2 years left on the deal.

I'm sorry but this wasn't part of any plan.

I don't get you man. You go on for months on end about how terrible Tyrod is and how he can't pass the ball, and now you're ready to throw in the towel over trading a WR that you think Tyrod is incapable of passing the ball to anyway.

Just saying...

I'm a Sammy fanboy bro. Just wait and watch how ugly the season is. Can't wait to watch Sammy turn into Dez/Julio elsewhere. Eff this trade/tank.

3-13 Spending 0.00 on tickets/clothing

Let's go Bears

If anyone on this board thinks the production difference between J Matthews and S Watkins is going to be the difference between making the playoffs and not then I think they are crazy. The difference between making the playoffs and not is going to be the picks we got to get our franchise QB and Tyrod Taylor.

WATKINS is a generational kind of player. He had some injury issues yes but nothing unfixable. His physical talents are OFF THE CHARTS. His foot was finally healing. Give him a HALF DECENT QB (not one rated last in passing in NFL) he'd be a perennial pro-bowler, and the kind of WR we need to break games. Now we get middling AND EXPIRING CONTRACTS for a generational talent. Beane is a FAKE.

Edited by CanadianFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

We just traded two first rounders, a fourth, and a sixth for EJ Gaines and a second. That looks brilliant on paper, right?

It's making me physically ill.

Eric Wood, Cordy Glenn, Marcel Dareus, John Miller. Those are the only players the Bills have from the first three rounds of the drafts from 2005-2015.

If you want to throw McCoy into that list because Alonso was traded for him, go ahead...it's still an unbelievably pathetic example of draft and roster management.

WATKINS is a generational kind of player. He had some injury issues yes but nothing unfixable. His physical talents are OFF THE CHARTS. His foot was finally healing. Give him a HALF DECENT QB (not one rated last in NFL) he'd be a perennial pro-bowler, and the kind of WR we need to break games. Now we get middling AND EXPIRING CONTRACTS for a generational talent. Beane is a FAKE.

In what universe was Tyrod last in the nfl? He was 16th if I remember.

WATKINS is a generational kind of player. He had some injury issues yes but nothing unfixable. His physical talents are OFF THE CHARTS. His foot was finally healing. Give him a HALF DECENT QB (not one rated last in NFL) he'd be a perennial pro-bowler, and the kind of WR we need to break games. Now we get middling AND EXPIRING CONTRACTS for a generational talent. Beane is a FAKE.

Yerp. More idiots in the FO.

It's making me physically ill.

Eric Wood, Cordy Glenn, Marcel Dareus, John Miller. Those are the only players the Bills have from the first three rounds of the drafts from 2005-2015.

If you want to throw McCoy into that list because Alonso was traded for him, go ahead...it's still an unbelievably pathetic example of draft and roster management.

Sunk costs. Watkins for a second is not awful value-wise. It just hurts.

s I posted earlier, Pegula(s) will not fire anyone for the next two years unless they are an utter embarrassment to the franchise as was Rex. They have most likely already "signed off" on a rebuild. This is a brave and imo, the RIGHT move by the Pegula's. They took their time, weren't swayed by smooth talking promoter (Rex). They are giving this new regime alL the tools they want AND A REASONABLE AMUNT OF TIME to prove themselves.

s I posted earlier, Pegula(s) will not fire anyone for the next two years unless they are an utter embarrassment to the franchise as was Rex. They have most likely already "signed off" on a rebuild. This is a brave and imo, the RIGHT move by the Pegula's. They took their time, weren't swayed by smooth talking promoter (Rex). They are giving this new regime alL the tools they want AND A REASONABLE AMUNT OF TIME to prove themselves.

they dealt a few dirty daggers to the back of Rex during the season

almost felt a twinge of pity for him, almost...

If they have two consecutive 4-5 win seasons, this new regime will be out. Bank on it. You are aware of that, right?

I strenuously disagree with you. The real issue for the next couple of season is not the record but the quality of the players gotten from the transactions. What difference is if the Bills win 7 or 8 games from 4 or 5 wins if those added wins don't translate into more good players? I'm confident that the owner is not only aware that a major rebuild was going to happen with the hiring of the wrestling coach but he signed off on taking that direction. Muddling along and being stuck in the middle of the pack for more than a generation is more dispiriting than taking a very painful short-term approach to be better in the not too distant future. Doing what you have always done is a recipe for irrelevance. I'm more than happy with what has happened today and with the probable similar transactions that will happy this year. No guts---no glory.

As much as I question Sammys durability I need to look no farther than Julio Jones to hold out hope for his long term prospects. He absolutely has shown ability to dominate. I find this to be a very short-sited trade with minimal upside. In addition, why bother bringing tyrod back. If your gonna tank dont go halfway. Get rid of your older vets and go 1-15. Wonder how Kyle Williams feels about this?