Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

They don't value picks come draft night. Until they show us that they do I refuse to get excited over accumulating picks only to throw them away at a later date.

Beane wasn't here but his buddy was running the draft board that night.

Yea and where's the evidence that they know who to select with these picks.

Let's revisit the Wayback machine. This is what I said at the time: "That's why I said final piece. If Bills enter next draft with 3 first round draft picks, they have greater ammunition to strike a deal, especially if they need to move up to the top. Would that be a better bargaining chip than offering 2 '18 firsts & '19 first? I don't know, but it must be part of their thinking. And that would be the only justification to trade Sammy. You don't trade him unless you pick a QB high up.

My guess is that if the rumors are coming out, the Bills are far more concerned about Sammy's injury and may be trying to get some value "

If they're that concerned, the info would have made its way to the Rams. The Rams aren't giving up a second for damaged goods. The Bills showcased him in practice and last night. That's all the Rams needed to see. My guess is that he's basically 100 percent right now. We shall see. Never assume that the Bills are making the right move in dealings with other teams. I'd say they get it right one out of every four-five times.

Edited by dave mcbride

If they're that concerned, the info would have made its way to the Rams. The Rams aren't giving up a second for damaged goods. The Bills showcased him in practice and last night. That's all the Rams needed to see. My guess is that he's basically 100 percent right now. We shall see. Never assume that the Bills are making the right move in dealings with other teams. I'd say they get it right one out of every four-five times.

I'm not going to assign the sins of Bills past to McDermott & Beane until they earn that distinction.

I agree, such as the the time when we traded up to get Sammy.

I'm not going to assign the sins of Bills past to McDermott & Beane until they earn that distinction.

Exactly!

Two separate things.

At this point I'd feel better about things if they had Kim's daughter hit tennis balls at a draft magazine and selected whomever she hit.

I mean fans are excited about the picks, that the Bills have a lot. But these are a freshman GM and HC with no track record. We don't have any idea what Beanes scouting ability is right.

Having 2 first round picks can god wrong, just ask the Browns... who have blown 2 first round picks not once but twice.

This fan base cracks me up.

"QB is the only position that matters!!!11! We'll suck until we get a #1 overall QB in the draft!!!1!"

...Bills front office makes big moves to bolster their ability to pick whichever top 2 or 3 QB they want next year by trading away an injury prone receiver that we over drafted and a great man to man corner playing in a zone scheme...

"WE CAN"T WIN WITHOUT THOSE TWO SMALL PIECES!!!!! BILLS ARE TANKING!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I agree, such as the the time when we traded up to get Sammy.

Exactly!

Two separate things.

So you and GG agree they should trade Shady and get some additional picks? They won't. That's why I'm pissed. It's another one foot in one foot out hokey !@#$ing pokey over there at OBD. Yeah big things, 3 slot WR's, resigning a running QB and ditching a guy that could thrive in the modern day NFL.

So you and GG agree they should trade Shady and get some additional picks? They won't. That's why I'm pissed. It's another one foot in one foot out hokey !@#$ing pokey over there at OBD. Yeah big things, 3 slot WR's, resigning a running QB and ditching a guy that could thrive in the modern day NFL.

And why not just role with Yates and Peterman. Oh because you can't sell that to a fan base that's missed the playoffs for 17 freaking years.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

That's where I'm at now. I'd trade Shady, Tyrod and maybe even Hughes. Let Kyle retire and Wood walk. If you've decided not to compete for the playoffs you shouldn't try to win 7 games.

It will depend on what they could get in return. Would you trade Shady for a 1st rounder with Washington?

It's been an emotional roller coaster for me. When the move was first announced I wanted nothing to do with the Bills for the rest of the year. And now I am firmly convinced these were both smart moves, not great, but smart. Our pass game will not be what I was expecting, obviously, but the run game should make up for it and we still have good young talent so hopefully someone steps up.

I'm back on the hype train baby!!!

Alright, now that I don't have to be sober and with a moment to calm down...

You can look at my signature and know that I was a pessimist on the trade up for Watkins. I hated what we gave up to get him. In hindsight, we could have stood par and gotten OBJ but the Browns didn't do much with the picks so I figured it a wash.

But this...it feels like such a waste

That's where I'm at now. I'd trade Shady, Tyrod and maybe even Hughes. Let Kyle retire and Wood walk. If you've decided not to compete for the playoffs you shouldn't try to win 7 games.

And when/if they don't I hope everyone can all finally agree on something and say this is just another WTF? moment coming from OBD.

Yup. But again, sucks that they're coming to this decision in August after everyone committed cash to the season

They already sold the tickets, these clowns think it's a legitimate plan of attack.

I meant to start the season really, there's no reason to resign Tyrod. Sign and trade him or whatever.

I'm just not convinced there is a plan.

Yup. But again, sucks that they're coming to this decision in August after everyone committed cash to the season

That's because there isn't a plan.