Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

OMG, is that really how you interpreted that?!?!? You cleary missed the point. Do you think that you are better off winning 7 games or 3? I think 3. If your plan is to rebuild commit to it and raise your chances of getting a top pick.

Let's say Sammy and Darby were both injured for a game. How do you think it would affect the Vegas line? I don't think it would affect it at all, maybe a point but probably not even that much. The truth is those players weren't going to be difference makers this year as far as our record is concerned.

Unreal that we now have to watch last year's roster, minus Darby, Gilmore, Sammy and TD Mike.

And last week was the deadline for season tickets right?

That was no coincidence.

If they did have a "plan" than it's fraud,

Tanking is a legitimate plan. It worked for Indianapolis, twice.

Let's say Sammy and Darby were both injured for a game. How do you think it would affect the Vegas line? I don't think it would affect it at all, maybe a point but probably not even that much. The truth is those players weren't going to be difference makers this year as far as our record is concerned.

I disagree with this. A healthy Sammy impacts the entire game. He's the only guy on the roster to stretch the field. That pulls the safeties away from the line and opens the middle for Clay and the running game. In addition he requires help at all times leaving others singled. Watkins presence influences every play even if the ball isn't thrown in his direction.

It's starting to look like their Fortune was amassed through luck and not much anything else isn't it?

Y'know, I'm old enough to remember when everyone hailed the Pegulas because they swept in with bags filled with cash to ensure the Buffalo Bills remained in Buffalo, and all Bills fans rejoiced.

Now they're just a bunch of dumbasses who lucked their way into their fortune.

Unbelievable.

Unreal that we now have to watch last year's roster, minus Darby, Gilmore, Sammy and TD Mike.

That was no coincidence.

No problem Coach. We added 2 brand new corners and have a ton of draft picks to go get some more in 2018, along with a pair of safeties.

AGAIN: tanking is fine. Selling optimism to lock in ticket sales is fraud.

Your explanation is still the best one I've heard as far as the timing of these deals. The only other reasonable one was that the Rams wanted to see Watkins play. That's a stretch though considering most teams don't want to play guys involved in serious trade discussions.

I'll ask again.

If they are moving up for a Qb that'll be giving up picks they have acquired. They will draft a young guy who fans will demand start. There won't be patience. Who the heck is this young QB going to throw to? Shady will be a year older, Cog will be a year older. Wood is probably gone.

This seems like a plan to set up a young QB to fail.

You realize most teams who draft QBS high lack a complete roster. Meaning they rarely have multiple targets to pass to.

Furthermore, other than Rodgers and Carson Palmer, remind me how many highly drafted QBS truly sat and developed? Rivers?

Also, there is FA, and we did just draft Zay Jones, we won't be trading all our picks if we need to move up, so there is still draft options.

Not for nothing our most productive WR in franchise history was a 7th rounder out of Kentucky...

That was no coincidence.

But we get to watch Gaines,white, Matthews jones jwil Hyde instead. How are we worse after today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus, do you think Boldin would've signed if these deals happened last week ?

Absolutely. He's now the clear #1 WR and should easily meet incentives to hit his $4 million target

Folks hyping up Matthews because of his "availability" don't understand the impact that Sammy had on opposing defenses who had to gameplan for him and account for him on every play. Matthews is a JAG. Defenses can now key on Tyrod and Shady, and both will have a very difficult time being successful this season.