Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Hey, everybody's crying about a franchise quarterback. Well next year's draft we're loaded with picks! Sammy and Darby weren't going to play into the long-term plans and they had lots of value now. I think this is going to be a longer-term build and Beane and McDermott know what they want. Not going to be a fun year for us but hey let's see. This is a very Patriots-like thing to do.

Watkins is usually out most of the season injured . He was a part time player . No big deal getting rid of him . The folks that are most angry about this move are the ones that bought his Jersey ! I bet he will be on the injury list by the 3rd game of the season .

Watkins is usually out most of the season injured . He was a part time player . No big deal getting rid of him . The folks that are most angry about this move are the ones that bought his Jersey ! I bet he will be on the injury list by the 3rd game of the season .

Every part of this post is false.

Hey, everybody's crying about a franchise quarterback. Well next year's draft we're loaded with picks! Sammy and Darby weren't going to play into the long-term plans and they had lots of value now. I think this is going to be a longer-term build and Beane and McDermott know what they want. Not going to be a fun year for us but hey let's see. This is a very Patriots-like thing to do.

THIS. This shows long-term thinking, and an actual plan. How anyone could be opposed after the last 17 years is beyond me.

Remember Sammy's comments about not getting paid enough and the 2014 draft class changing the pay structure of the NFL.

I'm guessing Buffalo didn't want to pay $17M (or more) for a WR next year, when their QB is somewhat limited in his ability to get the ball to that WR (and I am a Tyrod fan, don't get me wrong).

Plus like I said earlier, maybe he didn't fit the new culture. They want team first guys. Guys who put the team in front of themselves. I'm not sure that is who Sammy is.

And McDermott did say he wants players who are available to play and that's one thing Sammy has not been... Maybe that ankle tweak scare pushed them to get this deal done sooner rather than later?

If they had no intention of signing him, you have to get something for him when you can. I'm bummed, but I'm just trying to find ways to spin this. lol

Edited by BillsFan4

Guys, Sammy was fast and had good hands. We always would see flashes of what we hoped would be the future. Sammy could not stay healthy. Maybe now he can, i do not know. I like this approach. Beane has surely had some preliminary talks with Sammy's agent, and concluded that a deal was not likely. I like the decisive approach taken.