Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

15 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Before William Hung... the original Idol was a lady known as Mrs Miller.

I still have a couple of her albums for the wtf factor but what amazes me is that Capitol records signed her, not some one off small label.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:01 PM, Ralonzo said:

So because my brain works goofy like this after so much Irish whiskey, I come off Devo and look toward what might be a diametric opposite on some axis, and arrived at... Bolt Thrower? One the cold, calculated and precise sterility of the laboratory, the other the chaotic viscera-strewn abbatoir of the battlefield. See it as if you can expect a stage-diver to land on your head at any moment:

One oddity of this band is the amount of bullet-belted babes among the expected sausagey fandom of the genre. Perhaps inspired by bassist Jo Bench, one of few females in death metal that needn't leverage the novelty of her gender. She was just the bass player in the band, period, as far as anyone was concerned, and delivered the mortar-crumbling bass rumble that epic breakdowns like the ones in For Victory required.

I went to a black metal bar to see a band once. It was like a different world of upside down crosses and black eyeliner for me. But i was a great night we had a really good time.  We were there to see the warmup band . Their drummer and guitarist were homeys of my son. The guitarist Shiv Mehra has a full time musicians gig in this band I'll post next.

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

I lost a friend to cancer today. This is a song we used to drink, dance and sing along to years ago.

I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP

this next clip was written by my friend Walter lamenting a friends passing, Beautiful imo. Dude is so talented

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:06 AM, BritBill said:

being a Brit I am guessing  this band is second nature to you..HUGE Band. But I was not aware of them until I heard Liam sing Slide, ..

I am a convert. How did I miss this band?  😲

Edited by muppy

On 5/5/2023 at 9:15 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Checking on setlists of bands for a fest I might go to this summer I came across The Meters who were covered by a local kid I'd never heard of Taz Niederauer

I would go to a Meters show absolutely.  And throwing down Voodoo Child is a brave choice ....great cover You Go Taz

m

1 hour ago, muppy said:

being a Brit I am guessing  this band is second nature to you..HUGE Band. But I was not aware of them until I heard Liam sing Slide, ..

I am a convert. How did I miss this band?  😲

Yes without a doubt. I was 14 years old when they released Definitely Maybe. A bit too young to be "in moment" influenced by the likes of The Stone Roses releasing their first album "The Stone Roses" so Oasis and Definitely Maybe became the first album which appealed to me in that moment of my youth when I was starting to really take an interest in music and youth culture.

Coming from the north of England and also sharing a forename with Liam made Oasis appealing outside of their music. 

My life for the next 15 years or so mainly consisted of going to watch soccer and going down to the record shop to buy albums (on CD back then!). Once I turned 18 regular trips to the pub were integrated. I was always the first to a jukebox.

The video of them playing Lyla in Manchester in 2005 was one of 2 consecutive gigs they played over 2 nights. I was at one of them. Whether I was at the gig in the video I can't confirm or if I was at the other night's gig. I remember they'd just released Don't Believe The Truth and Turn Up The Sun was the first song they performed before following it with Lyla to get the whole stadium bouncing. 

If they ever get back together I'll pay whatever I have to. Also, my 12 year old son is also bang into them. So whenever we travel to soccer matches in the car he's always asking for Oasis on. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"'Cause I don't play video games no more
I never play video games
But Red Dead Redemption II, that is not a game
It's an incredible journey through old American history
Fighting for life and fighting for your family
Trying to live your days with honor and intеgrity
That's not a game, that's an adult thing
That's not a game at all
That's like *****in' Shakеspeare"

• Haha (+1) 1

Ever heard of the Eurovision Song Contest? This is a competition of European countries (well, broadly defined; there are entries from Azerbaijan, which actually is in Europe, but also from Israel and Australia, which clearly are not) in commercial pop, starting in 1956.

For sheer hilarity, here is the 2022 entry of Norway, by a group called "Subwoolfer", admittedly a very clever word play. If I get the lyrics right, it questions why the wolf did not eat a banana instead of Grandma. One positive thing I noticed, the A/V quality is extraordinary.

Edited by DrW

9 hours ago, DrW said:

Ever heard of the Eurovision Song Contest? This is a competition of European countries (well, broadly defined; there are entries from Azerbaijan, which actually is in Europe, but also from Israel and Australia, which clearly are not) in commercial pop, starting in 1956.

For sheer hilarity, here is the 2022 entry of Norway, by a group called "Subwoolfer", admittedly a very clever word play. If I get the lyrics right, it questions why the wolf did not eat a banana instead of Grandma. One positive thing I noticed, the A/V quality is extraordinary.

That's great but it's no 2014 Poland

• Thank you (+1) 1

A million young poets screaming out their words
To a world full of people just living to be heard
Future generations, riding on the highways that we built
I hope they have a better understanding

(Check it out) Going to work on Monday
(Check it out) Got yourself a family
(Check it out) All utility bills have been paid
You can't tell your best buddy that you love him

(So check it out) Where does our time go
(Check it out) Got a brand new house in escrow