Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

fantastic! Was this from a movie.  If not, whose idea was pajamas?

Very impressive. This is from the musical comedy movie "The Ghost Goes Gear", released in 1966. This means that Winwood was about 17 when it was filmed.

I am having my morning coffee thinking there is so much music in the world it is impossible to know or ever hear it all. Lately I found clips of collaborations of artists I knew were hugely popular but I never really listened to before. Good and bad music too IMO  I might add

BUT: Florence from Florence in the Machine is a rock singer who could pass as a model Lord have Mercy. I know next to nothing about that band

I have actually seen Justin Timberlake before with N SYNC but very little of his new music after.

I find these clips and think to myself muppy you have missed out on so much good music.  I clearly have musical FOMO

keep posting amigos~ 💃

Edited by muppy

2 hours ago, muppy said:

collaborations are fun lol @Logic this one is funny to me

Good thing the Bass and Mandolin layed off the hooch some!  Looks like a helluva party.  Billy has been in the Country Music Hall of fame since he was about 25 and played shredder guitar mostly before that - amazing talent.

Summer afternoon song

One of my favorites of the Beatles near the end of their career as band: "The Ballad of John and Yoko"

This song actually had a sort-of sequel in Lennon and Ono's (otherwise pretty forgettable) album Some Time in New York City, called "New York City". The tempo is much faster, and it has some nice guitar (1:30) and piano work (3:00). The backing band Lennon and Ono were using at that time was a NY band, Elephant's Memory.  While Elephant's Memory on their own never put out anything remarkable (back in Germany, I actually found one of their LPs in the bargain bin of a record store, and the song-writing was thoroughly disappointing), but they had some excellent instrumentalists (Wayne Shorter on Guitar, Gary Van Scyoc on bass, Adam Ippolito on keyboards, and Stan Bronstein on sax). Interestingly, for a short time at the end of the 1960s, Carly Simon had been a member of EM.

Edited by DrW

Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land Proceeds the weedian - Nazareth Proceeds the weedian - Nazareth Creedsmen roll out across the dying dawn Sacred Israel holy mountain Zion Sun beams down on to the sandsea reigns Caravan migrates through deep sandscape Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian Procession of the weed-priests to cross the sands Desert legion smoke-covenant is complete Herb bails retied on to backs of beasts Arise arise arise - The Son of the God of Israel Jordan river flows on evermore Bathe in glow of sunlight’s beating rays They feel the serpent's standard rule our days Stoner caravan emerge from sandsea Earthling inserts to chalice the green cutchie Groundation soul finds trust upon smoking hose Assembled creedsmen rises prayer-filled smoke Raise up seer’s holy prophecy Plants down on upon years of the sun now feeds Seed of Eden fall on nurtured soil Onward caravan prepare new bong Weed-priests creedsman chant the right Judgement soon come to Mankind Green herbsmen serve rightful king Hemp seed caravan carries The molten fire flowed up toward Zion Flight of the nazarene to seek the cheribum Rides out believer with the spliff aflame Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed Chants loud-robed priest down on to the freedom seed Burnt offering redeems – completes smoked deliverance Caravan’s stoned deliverance The caravan holds to eastern creed - Now smokes believer! The chronicle of the sinsemillian Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke toward the riff-filled land Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke - Jerusalem

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land Proceeds the weedian - Nazareth Proceeds the weedian - Nazareth Creedsmen roll out across the dying dawn Sacred Israel holy mountain Zion Sun beams down on to the sandsea reigns Caravan migrates through deep sandscape Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian Procession of the weed-priests to cross the sands Desert legion smoke-covenant is complete Herb bails retied on to backs of beasts Arise arise arise - The Son of the God of Israel Jordan river flows on evermore Bathe in glow of sunlight’s beating rays They feel the serpent's standard rule our days Stoner caravan emerge from sandsea Earthling inserts to chalice the green cutchie Groundation soul finds trust upon smoking hose Assembled creedsmen rises prayer-filled smoke Raise up seer’s holy prophecy Plants down on upon years of the sun now feeds Seed of Eden fall on nurtured soil Onward caravan prepare new bong Weed-priests creedsman chant the right Judgement soon come to Mankind Green herbsmen serve rightful king Hemp seed caravan carries The molten fire flowed up toward Zion Flight of the nazarene to seek the cheribum Rides out believer with the spliff aflame Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed Chants loud-robed priest down on to the freedom seed Burnt offering redeems – completes smoked deliverance Caravan’s stoned deliverance The caravan holds to eastern creed - Now smokes believer! The chronicle of the sinsemillian Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke toward the riff-filled land Drop out of life with bong in hand Follow the smoke - Jerusalem

that is some crazy chit right there hermano.  I want a loud robe too. I bet it is many colors. Technicolor even. Some people call it a dreamcoat. Worn by Joseph. And it was AMAZING just sayin'

lol

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Apologies in advance if this is TMI/LAMP.

Just after  Fathers day I'm sharing my boys favorite Steely Dan songs. I think its cool as hell that they like some of Dad's music. They are both above average musicians (sax and trombone). AFAIK they pretty much listen to rap, but for whatever reason they've never been keen on sharing their music with me which is disappointing. I hope they aren't trying to shield me from the lyrical content. My younger one was taken aback when I explained what the Fez referred to in is fave:

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just after  Fathers day I'm sharing my boys favorite Steely Dan songs. I think its cool as hell that they like some of Dad's music. They are both above average musicians (sax and trombone). AFAIK they pretty much listen to rap, but for whatever reason they've never been keen on sharing their music with me which is disappointing. I hope they aren't trying to shield me from the lyrical content. My younger one was taken aback when I explained what the Fez referred to in his fave:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just after  Fathers day I'm sharing my boys favorite Steely Dan songs. I think its cool as hell that they like some of Dad's music. They are both above average musicians (sax and trombone). AFAIK they pretty much listen to rap, but for whatever reason they've never been keen on sharing their music with me which is disappointing. I hope they aren't trying to shield me from the lyrical content. My younger one was taken aback when I explained what the Fez referred to in is fave:

Can't do it without the Fez on... kept me safe from lawsuits and life long memories.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, muppy said:

that is some crazy chit right there hermano.  I want a loud robe too. I bet it is many colors. Technicolor even. Some people call it a dreamcoat. Worn by Joseph. And it was AMAZING just sayin'

lol

https://thirdmanrecords.com/blogs/news/sleep-third-man-records-unveil-weedian-high-fi-deluxe-pressing-of-landmark-album-dopesmoker-with-actual-cannabis-leaves-in-the-vinyl

^lol

In a nutshell, Sleep had a contract for a new album  Sleep made album unsupervised, and then presented the record company with one hour long song called Dopesmoker LOL

Record execs are like "what the F is this?  I cant market this"  lol

Sleep told them to pound sand.

Years later this stoner classic was released.

Sleep is a 3 piece band, with Al Cisneros playing bass and singing, the driving force of Sleep.

Since Sleep, Al has a 2 piece band- Om- that is excellent.  Al and a drummer- sludgy, tasty riffs

here is some great live Om.  Al took some acid, and it kicks in middle of show- you can see it in his eyes lol

Edited by Pete
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

https://thirdmanrecords.com/blogs/news/sleep-third-man-records-unveil-weedian-high-fi-deluxe-pressing-of-landmark-album-dopesmoker-with-actual-cannabis-leaves-in-the-vinyl

^lol

In a nutshell, Sleep had a contract for a new album  Sleep made album unsupervised, and then presented the record company with one hour long song called Dopesmoker LOL

Record execs are like "what the F is this?  I cant market this"  lol

Sleep told them to pound sand.

Years later this stoner classic was released.

Sleep is a 3 piece band, with Al Cisneros playing bass and singing, the driving force of Sleep.

Since Sleep, Al has a 2 piece band- Om- that is excellent.  Al and a drummer- sludgy, tasty riffs

here is some great live Om.  Al took some acid, and it kicks in middle of show- you can see it in his eyes lol

listening to a track called Gethsemane an early sunday morning is indeed trippy. I like that track though. A backing track to sex maybe. yeah prolly not

🙂 Good Morning 2BD

now this I really like. JJ Cale is just COOL. always has been always will be. Fun cover. Eric Clapton sitting in. Look at his guitar. I cant even imagine how many guitars a guy like that owns. Rooms full.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, muppy said:

now this I really like. JJ Cale is just COOL. always has been always will be. Fun cover. Eric Clapton sitting in. Look at his guitar. I cant even imagine how many guitars a guy like that owns. Rooms full.

My favorite JJ Cale song: "Same Old Blues", here performed by Cale and Leon Russell.

There are a lot of cover versions, including Eric Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bryan Ferry, and ... Captain Beefheart.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, muppy said:

listening to a track called Gethsemane an early sunday morning is indeed trippy. I like that track though. A backing track to sex maybe. yeah prolly not

🙂 Good Morning 2BD

JJ is the smoothest and the coolest.  

my buddy has thousands of albums too, and we like to play game- “only 10 records you can listen to rest of your life.  Name them.  JJ Cale - Collected, and Kyuss are my first two choices.  The rest are too tough to call

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/21/2023 at 6:37 PM, muppy said:

I saw the Cure last week at Great Woods- they were great!

We are going to see the Dead at Fenway tonight.  I’m pumped!  We are meeting friends from Vermont bringing us some Happy Honey!  We are sitting in the seats above the green monster tonight.

I made a big bunch of stir fry and roasted cauliflower soup.  We are going to eat, then hit up Boston!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Holds up even better today.  Yacht rock radio plays him quite a bit 

Great song.  I wonder if people will look back on the fashions today and think "what was wrong with them?"  Those clothes are just not right.  To be fair, McDonald looks pretty cool.

Edited by redtail hawk