Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Jagger 80 years old...there's hope for everyone

Despite the rather inane lyrics, one of my favorite Stones song. The instrument that gives it its unique sound is Nicky Hopkins' piano.

4 minutes ago, DrW said:

Despite the rather inane lyrics, one of my favorite Stones song. The instrument that gives it its unique sound is Nicky Hopkins' piano.

I think the lyrics are the best part.  The whole thing is in your face, in a good way.,..It states the obvious but no sane man can disageee

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, DrW said:

I think the lyrics are the best part.  The whole thing is in your face, in a good way.,..It states the obvious but no sane man can disageee

lol - one person's inane lyrics are another's best. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and ....

Beauty is a French phonetic corruption of a short cloth
Neck ornament currently in resurgence....

• Like (+1) 3

I've warmed you up with a few beers and New Order. Now onto a club and some disco biscuits and Faithless with possibly the greatest drop in dance music. I hope you enjoy and they get your feet moving. Tapping at least. Have a good weekend y'all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1970 Prog from Belgium

Viona Westra - Vocals
                                                                    Danny Rousseau - Organ
                                                                    Jean Andore - Bass
                                                                    Eddy Kane - Drums
                                                                    Giorgio Chitschenko - Saxophone

• Like (+1) 1

I was just in youtube looking for inspiration i saw  an "all American Rejects" playlist. Wherein were a ton of overplayed hits BUT also a couple I took notice of as being memorable for other than their massive popularity. This band was founded within a few miles of where I live here in socal. This song always struck me as deep.   I haven' heard his song in years

Edited by muppy

Heard this on a spotify mix.  Now I need to make some

I'm a big fan of Jack Johnson, first time I came across his music was from a Curious George movie when my kids were young. In case your're interested there is an awesome user on spotify that made a few jack johnson playlists - username  is karlov2. The first (Jack Johnson 1) is my fave.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2023 at 1:15 PM, redtail hawk said:

speaking of iconic dance tracks from back in the day  ahem...Vogue. I love her miss Prim and Proper 1770's glam. She and her crew were all degenerate sluts behind all that satin and lace. . Looks can be very deceiving........ haha I like the mens dance inro major eye candy for me.

Iconic video official

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

I wish she had kept this look longer.  I think she looked soooo fine here. lil bebe brunette madonna with her Purple rain inspired coat/ outfit yo  🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I counter your High Summer with this classic 80's hit. Very nicely done video too-m Summer can be so cruel.

on a serious note the deserts of AZ have been scorching high temps 110 plus 9 days in a row. just in July my sil told me 280 deaths due to heat.

• Like (+1) 3