Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

27 minutes ago, T&C said:

Annie will probably always hold the greatest female voice in prog/rock...

For range and precision, she's unmatched. But then she married Roy Wood lol.

Edit: more Primitive ELO... 25:00 you get a little explanation from Roy of why ELO is, and the 10538 Overture.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

For range and precision, she's unmatched. But then she married Roy Wood lol.

Edit: more Primitive ELO... 25:00 you get a little explanation from Roy of why ELO is, and the 10538 Overture.

10538 will always be a classy piece to hear.. Roy hit that?... can only imagine which octave she went up to. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, T&C said:

10538 will always be a classy piece to hear.. Roy hit that?... can only imagine which octave she went up to. 

yeah they are both kinda those beautiful flower children from the 60's except they were each so superiorly talented they couldn't fail to succeed even if they weren't really trying.

At some point Renaissance went new wave, and I actually dug it, have a couple vinyls of theirs from the era.

Edit: kinda of a Dale Bozzio vibe vocally on this one. Not in wardrobe obviously.

Edited by Ralonzo
hey, it's me
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

yeah they are both kinda those beautiful flower children from the 60's except they were each so superiorly talented they couldn't fail to succeed even if they weren't really trying.

At some point Renaissance went new wave, and I actually dug it, have a couple vinyls of theirs from the era.

Edit: kinda of a Dale Bozzio vibe vocally on this one. Not in wardrobe obviously.

Wow... that was great, thanks for that. I needed something uplifting after hearing the RJ news. 

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Wow... that was great, thanks for that. I needed something uplifting after hearing the RJ news. 

Well crumbs. I hadn't heard that. What a bummer. Now I gotta think of something uplifting myself.

Edit: Here's one i was saving for my own funeral.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:15 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Checking on setlists of bands for a fest I might go to this summer I came across The Meters who were covered by a local kid I'd never heard of Taz Niederauer

BUMP

did you see either of these bands?I've had a girl crush on Taz since I saw this 🙂

10 hours ago, muppy said:

BUMP

did you see either of these bands?I've had a girl crush on Taz since I saw this 🙂

I did not see Taz - dude grew up minutes from my childhood home. Meters are on my main playlist, I'm always amazed at how I can run into music put out decades ago that I had never heard (i.e - The Meters).

It's summer, so I am  listening to lighter stuff. Check this one out - and stay to the end, the outro makes this song IMO:

As mentioned in the past this is one of my favorite bands. They range from hard-core punk to sugary pop. This one is the latter:

And just to show that I haven't completely lost my edge, been listening to these guys too:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I did not see Taz - dude grew up minutes from my childhood home. Meters are on my main playlist, I'm always amazed at how I can run into music put out decades ago that I had never heard (i.e - The Meters).

It's summer, so I am  listening to lighter stuff. Check this one out - and stay to the end, the outro makes this song IMO:

As mentioned in the past this is one of my favorite bands. They range from hard-core punk to sugary pop. This one is the latter:

And just to show that I haven't completely lost my edge, been listening to these guys too:

I enjoyed all 3 of these clips mate TYVM for posting.  I have learned so much new music from this board.  for real.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:50 PM, Ralonzo said:

This voice. So pure, but like Orbison, SO much force that it pegs the meters and clips.

Bonus: This 1969 artifact, first solo national appearance... and a duet with the Man In Black.

awesome mate. I really liked the 1969 clip. I brought me to her playlist and I found This. She was such a great vocalist: this song is so sultry I love it. I'd never heard it before