Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

I loved this song growing up. It sampled The Clash's Guns of Brixton. Note Norman "Fatboy Slim" Cook in this video. He had a hand in producing the song. 

And talking of Norman "Fatboy Slim" Cook, here he is in The Housemartins. Along with Paul Heaton who went on to co-front The Beautiful South. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Black Keys - "Oceans and Streams". From their album "Attack and Release". Many critics consider their next album, "Brothers", their "master piece", but I personally favor "Attack and Release".

• Like (+1) 2

From the guy who played with nearly everybody... My favorite Adrian Belew song is "Lone Rhinoceros"

I know the zoos protect my species
They give me food, collect my feces
But I can't help it, I miss the past
I'll never again see my good old mudbath

3 hours ago, DrW said:

From the guy who played with nearly everybody... My favorite Adrian Belew song is "Lone Rhinoceros"

I know the zoos protect my species
They give me food, collect my feces
But I can't help it, I miss the past
I'll never again see my good old mudbath

Sounds like Ed Sheeran’s lyrical inspiration. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I went to see Neil Young this past Tuesday here in san diego. This was one of the songs he did that night that put a much darker vibe attached than the album version. He shuffled amongst different instruments and one of them was this organ. It was a highlight of the show for me personally. That and the old Buffalo Springfield stuff he pulled out

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

for archive. The full show. From what Ive seen the set list changes night to night but mostly the same. He played the above plus Heart of Gold  and OHIO when I saw him. The rest was a lot of unperformed live material. Overall he sounded pretty good. Great Night. As much fun as seeing Neil Young is seeing the audience that came for this show. We  showed up and showed out. The Shell is where the SD symphony plays. Great sound.  Sold Out. Perfect weather on the embarcadero .

54 minutes ago, muppy said:

for archive. The full show. From what Ive seen the set list changes night to night but mostly the same. He played the above plus Heart of Gold  and OHIO when I saw him. The rest was a lot of unperformed live material. Overall he sounded pretty good. Great Night. As much fun as seeing Neil Young is seeing the audience that came for this show. We  showed up and showed out. The Shell is where the SD symphony plays. Great sound.  Sold Out. Perfect weather on the embarcadero .

Did he do Harvest Moon?  Probably my fav of his

20 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Did he do Harvest Moon?  Probably my fav of his

no he didn't.  Here is what he did play

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young/2023/the-rady-shell-at-jacobs-park-san-diego-ca-1ba7254c.html

If I had to pick a fav Neil Young song it would be either one of these 2 for me

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

this song inspired by the lyrical thread. I looked for the original but found this instead . It's brilliant both ways. 

EDIT: posting both. they both have their own swag. Im really liking the Townsend cover though

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

ha Ha HA what a find. I saw this band in a 2000 seat venue in Denver CO around 1985. We attended the show with a Scotsman who had turned us on to them. A ton of UK folks in attendance it was grand. I wore my purple rain inspired embroidered silk long coat. #Styling

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, muppy said:

ha Ha HA what a find. I saw this band in a 2000 seat venue in Denver CO around 1985. We attended the show with a Scotsman who had turned us on to them. A ton of UK folks in attendance it was grand. I wore my purple rain inspired embroidered silk long coat. #Styling

The story of Mick Hucknell and his musical success is both amazing and baffling. Talk about making the most of what God gives you! 

He's certainly lived a life!

Paint - "Plastic Dreams". Paint is the solo project of Allah-La's guitarist/vocalist Pedrum Siadatian. Siadatian writes lovely "simple" songs that remind me of a guy who had a career 50 years ago: Kevin Ayers.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:41 PM, BritBill said:

The story of Mick Hucknell and his musical success is both amazing and baffling. Talk about making the most of what God gives you! 

He's certainly lived a life!

i googled to see if he had passed away,  🙂 I read his bio. Seems he was an ultra womanizer back in the day. He is still alive and kicking ;-0

Albeit NOT my type

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrW said:

"Rawalpindi Blues", from "Escalator over the Hill" by Carla Bley and Paul Haines. With Carla Bley, Jack Bruce, Paul Motian, and John McLaughlin.

Excellent... I've never heard this before... great lineup for sure. 

• Thank you (+1) 1