Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Does humor belong in music? Yes, yes, yes... Another shining example, Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway (before today, I had never heard of them) present an acoustic cover of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit". While the vocalist (I assume it is the eponymous Molly Tuttle) falls short of Grace Slick, their instrumental skills are obvious. Especially, the young lady on violin is impressive. Moreover, you get a one-minute banjo extension beyond the end of JA's version.

3 hours ago, DrW said:

Does humor belong in music? Yes, yes, yes... Another shining example, Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway (before today, I had never heard of them) present an acoustic cover of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit". While the vocalist (I assume it is the eponymous Molly Tuttle) falls short of Grace Slick, their instrumental skills are obvious. Especially, the young lady on violin is impressive. Moreover, you get a one-minute banjo extension beyond the end of JA's version.

Molly Tuttle is classically trained and an extremely talented instrumentalist.  She has alopecia totalis 

I believe- no hair anywhere.  She does some great work with Sierra Hull (mandolin) and Sarah Jarosz (guitar).

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean no offense to the Who, Stones, or any of the majestic bands who made mostly stunning music up until the point where they were difficult to listen to.  

These guys broke the aged-people *****-irrelevance of sound with this song:.  

I honestly think this may be the most important American song in the past 25 years:

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

On 4/14/2023 at 5:02 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Greatest Who song ever:

I strongly disagree. That would be Substitute. 

Unless you were being sarcastic. On the internet it is hard to tell..

Holy crap mane You blew into the music thread and posted  some clips of all sorts of flavors. I like it 🙂

I don't post  like that at all ever Ever EVER nope Nope NOPE! ...THAT was sarcasm ✔️

always good to hear another point of view. Cheers 🙂 m

I'm a substitute for another guy
I look pretty tall but my heels are high
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated, yeah

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

"Framed", the 1954 Leiber & Stoller song, here not merely covered but enacted by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. And despite his awkward clown make-up and the stupid suit (well, it was the 1970s), Zal Cleminson was a very competent guitarist.

Something (relatively) new from the best Austin has to offer musically - The Black Angels. The first song is from their 2006 album "Passover"; all the others are from the 2022 release "Wilderness of Mirrors".

I had not been aware that the Mexicans had something similar to KEXP: Live studio performances in extremely high quality A/V - La Bestia TV

Edited by DrW

Looking back to La Bestia TV's previous recordings, I found this gem. I had never heard of this band "A Place To Bury Strangers" before, but they certainly put on a show.

Sandra Fedowitz is amazing on drums.