Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Before yesterday, I'd never heard of Mudcrutch. They were Petty's band before he and a few guys split in 1975 to form the Heartbreakers. They got back together in 2007 and made a couple albums. Heard a tune on the radio and loved it. I absolutely love the band name, too.

Edited by Gugny
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Remembering Lynyrd Skynyrd's Deadly 1977 Plane Crash 40 years later.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/remembering-lynyrd-skynyrds-plane-crash-ronnie-van-zant-w509500

Guitarist Allen Collins was equally apprehensive. "He didn't want to get on that plane," Gary Rossington told the Orlando Sentinel in 1988. "He said, 'I'm not gonna get on it because it's not right.'" But the band's front man remained almost eerily calm. "Ronnie said, 'Hey, if the Lord wants you to die on this plane, when it's your time, it's your time. Let's go, man. We've got a gig to do,'" remembers Rossington.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

not quite the same but Lake Street Dive's Rachel Price has that classic style of singers. Plus she is very easy on the eyes.

I love Lake Street Dive....great musicians, and Rachel's voice is terrific.

Here's a couple of their 80's covers:

Edited by Special K