Will espn ever stop talking about Kaepernick?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to ask what was so bad about what he did. I'm not a SJW. I typically find them annoying.

On the other hand I do hear a lot of "that protest only hurt it's own cause" for a lot of reasons. It was loud/profane. That there was property damage or criminality in proximate relation.

Whether you agree with the cause or not, Kaep quietly took a knee. He didn't announce it, and only explained when asked. When vets aired grievances saying it was disrespectful he modified his protest.

He did everything he could to take a stand in a quiet and respectful way. So what the hell? You can disagree with the premise, or it's efficacy, but I have no idea how to do it in a more peaceful way.

It's time for espn to get out of the sports biz and give CNN/MSNBC some more competition.

Geez for sure. Kaep made a statement, so now live with the consequences. No one OWES you a job, which is what ESPN and the liberals believe

But that's not the rant in this thread...the rant is too much coverage of why he does not have a job and it is not a relevant story...same as saying the Kardashians are not relevant. They may not be to you, but they are too millions and millions of people.

Although, Boyst62's question is a valid one.

I am not 100% sure of the question, but if the question you refer to is" why does he not have a job" ..I agree relevant question.

Fe I do not watch ESPN, so the stories on Kap do not bother me, cause I don't see them. I listen to podcasts Or GR , and those tend not to discuss either.

But the point is, 3 pages here in 30 minutes tell me it is a relevant story to many people, including all the folks posting in this thread...no matter what side on " the argument " you are on

What story? That no one wants a flash in the pan player who has made it clear his top priorities lay outside of football?

The the OP, they'll stop when people stop paying attention, They're just saying anything to get people to watch.

Agree they will stop when people stop paying attention 1000%, and getting people to watch is at the core of their business

A qb coming off a 16 td, 4 int season on possibly the worst offensive team in the NFL not getting a backup job is a joke in a league that gives guys like Vick, Mixon, & Hardy second chances.

If a team picks him up and he's a backup for a solid starter, he will fade into the background. Of course if the starter struggles, it will be crazy.

Of course that's not the reason he can't be a backup. It's because he didn't stand for the anthem. That's the risk you take when making a rightful stance - sometimes there's consequences. I mean surely he didn't expect both. We should blame the 49ers - he was under contract with those fantastical TD to INT numbers.

Ok. How about this:

The NFL polled viewers about why their ratings were dipping. 26% of people polled said the protests were part of it. Fewer viewers = less money for owners. Owners have the ear of the GMs. GMs control the roster. So if it means squeezing a few extra bucks from the flyover states, teams don't rock the boat.

If you've never been in a workplace where politics and who is a better asskisser is valued over competence, I envy you.

As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as this: (1) he's not very good in spite of cherry-picked stats, and (2) the SJWs who comprise the sports reporting world will ensure there are cameras and mics in the face of all his teammates and coaches, every week, for every game, asking them how they feel about a topic that has NOTHING to do with the sport for which they are paid to play.

No team wants that distraction. Not one. And let's be fair, most football fans don't want that crap on their team either.

And no matter how hard ESPN and NFL.com act perplexed about his unemployment, thinking people know their motives are self-serving. They need Kap on a team so they have a schittstorm to write about and a SJW cause to hold up.

Yep.

I really need to ask what was so bad about what he did. I'm not a SJW. I typically find them annoying.

On the other hand I do hear a lot of "that protest only hurt it's own cause" for a lot of reasons. It was loud/profane. That there was property damage or criminality in proximate relation.

Whether you agree with the cause or not, Kaep quietly took a knee. He didn't announce it, and only explained when asked. When vets aired grievances saying it was disrespectful he modified his protest.

He did everything he could to take a stand in a quiet and respectful way. So what the hell? You can disagree with the premise, or it's efficacy, but I have no idea how to do it in a more peaceful way.

A lot of people find what he did disrespectful. Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as this: (1) he's not very good in spite of cherry-picked stats, and (2) the SJWs who comprise the sports reporting world will ensure there are cameras and mics in the face of all his teammates and coaches, every week, for every game, asking them how they feel about a topic that has NOTHING to do with the sport for which they are paid to play.

No team wants that distraction. Not one. And let's be fair, most football fans don't want that crap on their team either.

And no matter how hard ESPN and NFL.com act perplexed about his unemployment, thinking people know their motives are self-serving. They need Kap on a team so they have a schittstorm to write about and a SJW cause to hold up.

Good points...I personally don't care what he did...didn't think it was a big deal but I can see why teams don't want to deal with it. I just remember his rookie year and he was fun to watch

This issue is about sports. There is nothing wrong with asking a relevant sports question. Saying ESPN needs to become part of CNN/MSNBC is a Pro-Trump response, saying that ESPN is fake news. I'm not saying ESPN is the center of the sports universe that it used to be, but asking a question has nothing to do with liberal agenda. When are conservatives going to step up and say CK actually has a point and is within his constitutional right to protest, just as it's our constitutional right to bear arms. This shouldn't be a liberal or conservative battle. It should be about everyone's rights.

The way I can describe this issue is if my child is dying and I'm trying to get attention and help. If I spit in someone's face to bring awareness. That person(s) probably will be more upset about the disrespect and could care less about my dying child. Especially if my child doesn't look like them. Food for thought.

Liberal ABC which owns ESPN loves there poster boy Kaepernick. He stands for everything they believe in.

Love when people try to call out others (especially in the Liberals vs Conservative world) and they can't even choose the proper word.

Geez for sure. Kaep made a statement, so now live with the consequences. No one OWES you a job, which is what ESPN and the liberals believe

Get those Liberals, Mark!!! Imagine how much better this country would be if we all just had the same conservative mindset! Fact, there are only 2 choices in every discussion.

Love when people try to call out others (especially in the Liberals vs Conservative world) and they can't even choose the proper word.

Liberal vs. conservative is the Bloods vs. Crips for the new generation.

The Kaepernick story is relevant and should be covered. Dude plays most important position in most important sports league in the US. Should they ignore the story?

Having said that all I watch on ESPN is PTI and SC with SVP.

He sucks, it's only a story because of his antics. ESPN sucks.

Why because it is a fact he should be in the league and only out of it because of his protest.

This issue is about sports. There is nothing wrong with asking a relevant sports question. Saying ESPN needs to become part of CNN/MSNBC is a Pro-Trump response, saying that ESPN is fake news. I'm not saying ESPN is the center of the sports universe that it used to be, but asking a question has nothing to do with liberal agenda. When are conservatives going to step up and say CK actually has a point and is within his constitutional right to protest, just as it's our constitutional right to bear arms. This shouldn't be a liberal or conservative battle. It should be about everyone's rights.

The way I can describe this issue is if my child is dying and I'm trying to get attention and help. If I spit in someone's face to bring awareness. That person(s) probably will be more upset about the disrespect and could care less about my dying child. Especially if my child doesn't look like them. Food for thought.

Not suprised but you guys largely agree that sitting for the anthem is worse than punching a woman.

Once again. He's 11 wins and 24 losses for the last 3 years.

I didn't know that makes him a "must hire"

He sucks, it's only a story because of his antics. ESPN sucks.

If he sucks, what does that make TJ Yates? If teams were honestly trying to put the best team together, he'd be in the league over a ton of these scrubs.

Once again. He's 11 wins and 24 losses for the last 3 years.

I didn't know that makes him a "must hire"

So a qb who went 9-23 should have to worry about his job right? Because that's Phil Rivers' record the last 2 seasons and he's never made a SB.

Also by that "logic", your boy Tyrod and Alex Smith are better qbs than Drew Brees.