Will espn ever stop talking about Kaepernick?

he's also been to a superbowl...hmm how long has it been since a member of the Bills could say that (as a Bill)? he's more relevant than any Bills player both on and off the field.

He's more relevant than McCoy Sammy and Dareus ?

He's 11 wins and 24 losses since 2014. Pretty meh tbh.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaepernick just wants the attention. His play started to go downhill, so he did something to make headlines. This is the only reason he's relevant right now. At best, he's a backup QB. He should only be a story if/when he signs with someone.

ESPN has turned into the NBA network. They cover summer basketball more than they show any MLB highlights.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Stop watching ESPN.. Trust me. Best decision I've made in a long time.

Yes, ESPN is a waste of time anymore.

Tried watching a sunday evening SC to see some baseball highlights and the first 30 minutes were all soccer, Premier League and MLS, then they did an indepth interview with Travis Kelce, 10 minutes into that, I changed channels. Never did see one baseball highlight in 40 minutes.

ESPN is dead to me unless it's only a game.

ESPN and the "NFL on CBS" are the absolute WORST for this dramatic b.s. His TD/INT ratio looks good on paper, but they fail to mention how many of those TD's were thrown in garbage time when the game was already decided. He is a one read and run athlete lining up at the QB position. He struggles reading defenses. He throws the ball one speed, as hard as he can. He doesn't possess the necessary touch to be effective. Harbaugh and Roman got all they could out of him in their gimmick offense and then the NFL figured him out. If you contain him to the pocket then he cannot beat you. Would he likely be a backup somewhere if not for his antics? Yes. But talent trumps controversy and his level of talent isn't worth the headaches it could create in a locker room or for a franchise. Look at Joe Mixon, Ray Lewis, Terrell Owens, Ezekiel Elliott, ect., ect., ect. He opted out of his contract and now they campaign for him like is some kind of warrior for injustice. I love sports, but I hate politics. When so called "sports networks" try to get political then it is time to turn the channel or drop the news feed.

Look...there is a story, so they are going to exploit it.

And there is a story. Kaep absolutely has his problems as to his play. I would argue that Tyrod might be better. But I can't say with a straight face that he has less upside than a collective group of Tom Savage, Brian Hoyer, Josh mccown and Brock Osweiler. And that's not even backups.

If politics didn't play in at least a little, he would have been snapped up somewhere long ago. Two or three years ago we would have traded years of first round picks for him.

I get people don't like him but I find it difficult to believe he's not better than some of the garbage that's playing QB now.....Ryan Mallet still has a job....all Jets QBs are awful.....

As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as this: (1) he's not very good in spite of cherry-picked stats, and (2) the SJWs who comprise the sports reporting world will ensure there are cameras and mics in the face of all his teammates and coaches, every week, for every game, asking them how they feel about a topic that has NOTHING to do with the sport for which they are paid to play.

No team wants that distraction. Not one. And let's be fair, most football fans don't want that crap on their team either.

And no matter how hard ESPN and NFL.com act perplexed about his unemployment, thinking people know their motives are self-serving. They need Kap on a team so they have a schittstorm to write about and a SJW cause to hold up.

As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as this: (1) he's not very good in spite of cherry-picked stats, and (2) the SJWs who comprise the sports reporting world will ensure there are cameras and mics in the face of all his teammates and coaches, every week, for every game, asking them how they feel about a topic that has NOTHING to do with the sport for which they are paid to play.

No team wants that distraction. Not one. And let's be fair, most football fans don't want that crap on their team either.

And no matter how hard ESPN and NFL.com act perplexed about his unemployment, thinking people know their motives are self-serving. They need Kap on a team so they have a schittstorm to write about and a SJW cause to hold up.

This sums it up quite nicely.

The Kaepernick story is relevant and should be covered. Dude plays most important position in most important sports league in the US. Should they ignore the story?

Having said that all I watch on ESPN is PTI and SC with SVP.

What story? That no one wants a flash in the pan player who has made it clear his top priorities lay outside of football?

The the OP, they'll stop when people stop paying attention, just like Favre's never ending retirement story, or CNNs current Russia obsession. There's no 'news' to any of it, that's not the goal of the network. They're just saying anything to get people to watch.

Edited by KD in CA

The Kaepernick story is relevant and should be covered. Dude plays most important position in most important sports league in the US. Should they ignore the story?

Having said that all I watch on ESPN is PTI and SC with SVP.

so do dozens of other with much more talent. This is worse than tebow.

Theyre pushing an agenda because espn is espn

When they showed highlights of him in baltimore they kept flashing ray rice to help impact. It was downright disgusting

he's also been to a superbowl...hmm how long has it been since a member of the Bills could say that (as a Bill)? he's more relevant than any Bills player both on and off the field.

oh. He went to the super bowl? Dude got spanked in the super bowl. Then was dound out.

He became irrelevant when Jim Harbaugh was no longer his coach.

He's no longer relevant, as he's been exposed as a gimmick QB that struggles to make throws from the pocket( which you must do in the NFL) since then. Add in the media circus that he will inevitably bring, and it's understandable that a mediocre QB with baggage by the truckload is not being sought after. As for fans, yes Americans are probably more likely to forgive off field brushes with the law by players than one who disrespects their country's flag and anthem even though it has brought them riches for playing a game. You can bet it ticked off a lot of decision makers for NFL teams around the league and this is the predictable result. If the talent outweighed the baggage, he'd be on a roster. It's clear that no team thinks that it does, regardless of the media created " outrage". As if anyone has a " right" to be an NFL player. Go get a different job doing something else.

He is not relevant, and yet we have two pages on a Bills message board about him, and. a full,paragraph from you to boot!

Reminds me of the great Yogism" nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"

Edited by plenzmd1

I get people don't like him but I find it difficult to believe he's not better than some of the garbage that's playing QB now.....Ryan Mallet still has a job....all Jets QBs are awful.....

TO EVERYONE

honestly, why doesnt kaepernick have a job? Is it because he is a circus show? Is it because he is terrible? How is it not 100% on him? Becausw it is. The circus show and all, he can still have it and still keep sucking. So, why isnt he employed?

TO EVERYONE

honestly, why doesnt kaepernick have a job? Is it because he is a circus show? Is it because he is terrible? How is it not 100% on him? Becausw it is. The circus show and all, he can still have it and still keep sucking. So, why isnt he employed?

But that's not the rant in this thread...the rant is too much coverage of why he does not have a job and it is not a relevant story...same as saying the Kardashians are not relevant. They may not be to you, but they are too millions and millions of people.