Will espn ever stop talking about Kaepernick?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love free speech. I love this country. Just be aware that actions have consequences. If he's going to hate a certain group and call them pigs then don't expect those people to want you on their team or buy tickets. It's a valid response to his actions. A more productive thing to do than name call might be to come together in peace and harmony and work together to solve your differences.

Personally I think more training and more public awareness for how to deal with law enforcement would be a big help. Kaepernick should offer to be in a psa video about this is what to do if you are pulled over or this is what to do if confronted by police.

Basically there are millions of ways to make a point. People aren't hating on him for the point he made (well calling Police pigs, not really original, but also wrong) but the way he chose to do it!!!! Way to offend a HUGE population of people that have NOTHING to do with the point you are making if it was primarily about the police... Even if he had other points, YOU DID IT WRONG!!!

I am a big believer of free speech, however that does not preclude you of being free of the consequences of your speech. Clearly it hasn't done him any good with his career in the NFL, but who knows? Maybe it will lead to a career in Social Justice activism and it could end up leading to a more fulfilling career for him. Then again, maybe it won't.

ESPN can talk about Krapernick all they want, doesn't bother me any

I only watch ESPN during NFL, NCAAF, and CFL games

You really like the CFL?

Please elaborate a bit.

(in a city that couldn't honestly care less about it, Toronto, unless someone puts the CFL down in conversation...)

CFL is like tossing a starving man bread crumbs. Not exactly a prime rib but still better than nothing

As a Canadian I feel some patriotic duty to try to watch it from June until the NCAA kicks off (August 31!!!)

But golly gee whilikers...

1) The end zone is 25 yards, how on earth can you not shake off the secondary, plus...

2) You allow all kinds of motion before the play, usually 3 WRs are clearly offside on most plays

3) They keep a long view of the field so you don't have closeups, and you see that about 80% of the seats between the 20 are empty

So I try for an hour and then pack in my patriotic effort to try to watch the CFL each season.

I was at a game in Toronto and the visiting team for the first two possessions had the ball on their own 2 and both times gleefully surrendered a safety on the punt, to which the Argos elected to start possession at their own 35 (one of a few options each scoring play.) An American asked me what on earth was happening as a team gladly was down 4-0 after 2 possessions. I shrugged and said that's the Canadian Way.

Not to start a major argument with you, but don't you see how the Kaep situation is more than just football. Why do people get so bent out of shape when a conversation moves in different directions? This is how normal people talk to each other. To start a Kaepernick thread as expect it not to move even slightly off the football field is pretty naive.

If anything, the move (once again) of a Kap thread to the political side of TBD only serves to support the point that Kap-apologists refuse to acknowledge.

People don't want his moronic politics in a sport we love to watch. Shut up and play. And if you can't shut up and play, no one will hire you.

So thanks to the mods for helping validate the truth: football fans want Kap to shut his piehole because they genuinely don't care about his thoughts.

If anything, the move (once again) of a Kap thread to the political side of TBD only serves to support the point that Kap-apologists refuse to acknowledge.

People don't want his moronic politics in a sport we love to watch. Shut up and play. And if you can't shut up and play, no one will hire you.

So thanks to the mods for helping validate the truth: football fans want Kap to shut his piehole because they genuinely don't care about his thoughts.

Local news radio ran an opinion piece this afternoon that honestly suggested that the Ravens should sign Kaepernick because his support of social causes would benefit the team, and the Ravens owners were racist for not accepting that.

Or...you know...they own a football team.