Will espn ever stop talking about Kaepernick?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get those Liberals, Mark!!! Imagine how much better this country would be if we all just had the same conservative mindset! Fact, there are only 2 choices in every discussion.

Liberal vs. conservative is the Bloods vs. Crips for the new generation.

Yeah I almost edited out liberals.

How about this? You own a business and 20 guys interview for a job opening. One guy shows up in a Brady jersey. You don't care how qualified he is, you take the next guy just on your own general principles

A lot of people find what he did disrespectful. Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

I get that. Where I lose the logic trail is *how* it is disrespectful, especially after he changed it not to offend their delicate sensibilities. For a group that likes to complain about "snowflakes" they get butthurt pretty easily. You'd think Kaep had teabagged a war widow wrapped in am American flag while shouting "9/11 was an inside job! Wake up sheeple!"

Yeah I almost edited out liberals.

How about this? You own a business and 20 guys interview for a job opening. One guy shows up in a Brady jersey. You don't care how qualified he is, you take the next guy just on your own general principles

If your job is to produce the best possible product, you'd hire Colin Kaepernick over TJ Yates.

Again, the league talks out of both sides of their mouth. Women beaters are given second chances. Leonard Little was drunk and killed a woman. Guess who got to play again? But a qb who had a 4 td to 1 int for a garbage team who has a lot of playoff experience can't be a back up qb?

I never liked CK. I thought he was a douche king before this. But if you don't think he is one of the best 64 qbs, you're a liar. But the fact that some people can support women beaters over a silent protestor is insane. It should be covered. And the great thing is if you don't like, you have the freedom to change the channel.

I get that. Where I lose the logic trail is *how* it is disrespectful, especially after he changed it not to offend their delicate sensibilities. For a group that likes to complain about "snowflakes" they get butthurt pretty easily. You'd think Kaep had teabagged a war widow wrapped in am American flag while shouting "9/11 was an inside job! Wake up sheeple!"

People get offended by everything these days. That being said football is a team game and Kaepernick made it about himself. Maybe that wasn't his intention but you can't compare his treatekent to Muhammed Ali, like some people have tried, because Kaepernick's actions lead to questions for his teammates/

It is pretty awful that domestic abusers get better treatment than Kaepernick but that's why.

Even if it wasn't offensive he brought politics to a sport where most fans don't want to hear or deal with it, so many polls indicated that fans were losing/lost interest in the NFL because of his actions. Does it matter if he hurt someone's feelings? Or if someone just simply didn't want to hear about it non stop and it ruined their viewing experience? Bottoms line he cost the NFL viewers and as buisness they have every right to refuse to bring him back.

Why should any buisness be pressured to hire a guy that hurts their bottom line?

People get offended by everything these days. That being said football is a team game and Kaepernick made it about himself. Maybe that wasn't his intention but you can't compare his treatekent to Muhammed Ali, like some people have tried, because Kaepernick's actions lead to questions for his teammates/

It is pretty awful that domestic abusers get better treatment than Kaepernick but that's why.

He got the 49ers team award.

Even if it wasn't offensive he brought politics to a sport where most fans don't want to hear or deal with it, so many polls indicated that fans were losing/lost interest in the NFL because of his actions. Does it matter if he hurt someone's feelings? Or if someone just simply didn't want to hear about it non stop and it ruined their viewing experience? Bottoms line he cost the NFL viewers and as buisness they have every right to refuse to bring him back.

Why should any buisness be pressured to hire a guy that hurts their bottom line?

Because Kaepernick is a better qb than Ryan Mallett and your job is to win? I want my team to win.

Possibly the greatest qb in Bills history has had allegations that he might have been physical with women. Big Ben has had rape allegations twice. That's fine but not a silent protestor? Maybe some of these Patriot Americans should look in the mirror.

He got the 49ers team award.

Because Kaepernick is a better qb than Ryan Mallett and your job is to win? I want my team to win.

Possibly the greatest qb in Bills history has had allegations that he might have been physical with women. Big Ben has had rape allegations twice. That's fine but not a silent protestor? Maybe some of these Patriot Americans should look in the mirror.

Sounds like those patriot Americans offend you or something. I couldn't care less either way but you still fail to explain why the league would bring him back. He hurt their buisness, did the league change after any of the domestic violence cases? Did anyone stand in solidarity with Peterson for whipping his sons nuts? When a player does or is accused of something despicable off the field fans hate the individual player if he isn't one of their own.

When a player is taking a political stance and other players are following and commenting on it this clearly concerned the owners about future ratings. It's a surprise that HWJR is back on Monday night or are they pandering to that same crowd? All they care about is money, not women, not kids, not the flag. If you negatively impact the frat boys bottom line then your time in the "league" is soon up.

I have relatives that are in law enforcement and military, good honest hard working people that risk their lives every day trying to keep this country safe. If you want to wear pig police socks and disrespect the flag then that is your right but understand that is disrespects a lot of good people and just creates more of a divide. If he hates this country he is free to leave at any time. He can play in the CFL.

But that's not the rant in this thread...the rant is too much coverage of why he does not have a job and it is not a relevant story...same as saying the Kardashians are not relevant. They may not be to you, but they are too millions and millions of people.

it is the rant. He chose this. Remember. He did not take the option to get paid a ton of money in SF.

If he sucks, what does that make TJ Yates? If teams were honestly trying to put the best team together, he'd be in the league over a ton of these scrubs.

So a qb who went 9-23 should have to worry about his job right? Because that's Phil Rivers' record the last 2 seasons and he's never made a SB.

Also by that "logic", your boy Tyrod and Alex Smith are better qbs than Drew Brees.

Face it, he sucks... And he can take his SJW crap to the arena league.

I have relatives that are in law enforcement and military, good honest hard working people that risk their lives every day trying to keep this country safe. If you want to wear pig police socks and disrespect the flag then that is your right but understand that is disrespects a lot of good people and just creates more of a divide. If he hates this country he is free to leave at any time. He can play in the CFL.

Can the law enforcement and military people just not look? Or not care? I don't get why people think the world is curated to them specifically. Toughen up and deal with it, it's as inoffensive a protest as you can have. I get why some owners don't want him on the team but all the outrage from police officers is weird to me. Or to use your words, if you don't like the speech that other people are free to use then move to a different country.

Maybe TSW will take over thanks to you. :thumbsup:

was that tweeted somewhere?

If your job is to produce the best possible product, you'd hire Colin Kaepernick over TJ Yates.

Again, the league talks out of both sides of their mouth. Women beaters are given second chances. Leonard Little was drunk and killed a woman. Guess who got to play again? But a qb who had a 4 td to 1 int for a garbage team who has a lot of playoff experience can't be a back up qb?

I never liked CK. I thought he was a douche king before this. But if you don't think he is one of the best 64 qbs, you're a liar. But the fact that some people can support women beaters over a silent protestor is insane. It should be covered. And the great thing is if you don't like, you have the freedom to change the channel.

is it that obvious? Kaep is ar at home

Can the law enforcement and military people just not look? Or not care? I don't get why people think the world is curated to them specifically. Toughen up and deal with it, it's as inoffensive a protest as you can have. I get why some owners don't want him on the team but all the outrage from police officers is weird to me. Or to use your words, if you don't like the speech that other people are free to use then move to a different country.

^^I wish all the ppl who promised to leave if Trump won would just leave already...

Edited by T-Bomb

The funny thing is that it is the military people who tend to do the fighting and dying to preserve American values and rights...which allow him to do the protesting in the first place. That's what it's all about.

If Kaepernick should be banned or not allowed to take a knee during the anthem, why bother fighting WWII? Just let Uncle Joe and/or Adolf inherit the world and tell us all what to do or not do, say or not say, and believe or not believe.

The whole reason to fight a war like WWII is so that Colin freaking Kaepernick can take a knee in protest of whatever during the National Anthem at a football game.

And while on the topic, why the hell is the anthem played before sporting events anyway?

Has no place in the world of domestic sports entertainment.

People who fit your description are the true "snowflakes". They think they're above criticism.

I find it ironic that a group of individuals that think so highly of themselves don't like to be held to a higher standard.