Cardale traded to chargers!!

I didn't read through all of the responses but what confuses me is the timing. If all you get in return is a late round Conditional pick then why not wait until later in preseason when you'll have a better read on Peterman and when you can bet there'll be a few teams in desperation mode due to their own problems?

The new coaches probably saw enough of Cardale to realize he wasn't going to earn a roster slot.

And trading him now makes sense if we're going to lose him anyway. It was unlikely we'd get better than a conditional 7th even if we waited.

And later on, better QBs than Cardale might become available as teams trim down their rosters.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read through all of the responses but what confuses me is the timing. If all you get in return is a late round Conditional pick then why not wait until later in preseason when you'll have a better read on Peterman and when you can bet there'll be a few teams in desperation mode due to their own problems?

It plays back into why he cried tears of joy when he heard the news and sent out the classy goodbye tweet that he did. This staff didn't select him and wasn't interested in him. They sent him to a team that was interested in him and his development before camps got started. Really, it worked out well for all involved parties imo.

It plays back into why he cried tears of joy when he heard the news and sent out the classy goodbye tweet that he did. This staff didn't select him and wasn't interested in him. They sent him to a team that was interested in him and his development before camps got started. Really, it worked out well for all involved parties imo.

yep - I heard it was not a surprise at all that he was traded as they had a meeting with him not long ago and were transparent about his status. It had been in the works. Edited by YoloinOhio

Fair question but I cannot picture an NFL team being desperate for Cardale Stewart.

Then again I probably have a bit of PTSD from Whaley trading away our draft picks, so I am happy to stockpile even late rounders.

It still seems to me that you keep your cards (and Cardales) in your hand. Injuries happen all the time and they didn't replace with him a player. I virtually guarantee you that somebody is going to need a QB and will have some Safety depth to trade for him. The other team doesn't have to know that you didn't plan to keep him!

So is this "Cardale cried tears of joy" thing real or fake news?

i don't doubt it. He is going to play for the head coach that gave him his first NFL start and clearly believes in his abilities. Here, unfortunately, he was an unproven commodity and was buried on the depth chart and likely the odd man out. Had to be a relief.

i don't doubt it. He is going to play for the head coach that gave him his first NFL start and clearly believes in his abilities. Here, unfortunately, he was an unproven commodity and was buried on the depth chart and likely the odd man out. Had to be a relief.

He hasn't had an NFL start yet with his only action being in week 17 in relief of EJ after he stunk up the joint against the NYJ.

@mikerodak

Bills GM Brandon Beane said Thursday that Buffalo would have been doing Cardale Jones a disservice if he remained on Bills' roster. Jones was traded Wednesday to the Chargers. Beane noted that it is difficult to give four quarterbacks reps with modern, one-a-day training camp rules. Beane added Bills will stick with three quarterbacks for foreseeable future.

@jonahjavad

In case it crossed your mind: #Bills GM Brandon Beane has no plan to bring Kaepernick in for a workout. #BillsCamp @WGRZ

@joebuscaglia

#Bills GM Brandon Beane says they'll be going with the current three quarterbacks as it stands today.

@joebuscaglia

#Bills GM Brandon Beane says they'll be going with the current three quarterbacks as it stands today.

God forbid TJ Yates ever sees the field in a regular season game.

If Kelly Holcomb sucked twice as bad......he'd be TJ Yates........and that Holcomb/Mularkey season was arguably the sloppiest, most unwatchable, uninspired football in the drought.

Send in McCowns! Annnnyyyyyyy McCowns!

God forbid TJ Yates ever sees the field in a regular season game.

If Kelly Holcomb sucked twice as bad......he'd be TJ Yates........and that Holcomb/Mularkey season was arguably the sloppiest, most unwatchable, uninspired football in the drought.

Send in McCowns! Annnnyyyyyyy McCowns!

It was bad, but not 2003-bad.

I don't like this trade.

There was no reason to do this if all you were going to get was a lousy conditional 7th.

No reps for him in camp. Only an injury would have kept him on the roster. They got something for a player they were cutting.

Edited by TheTruthHurts