The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't get me wrong. i know where you're coming from. i don't think tyrod is an adequate long term starter either, but this year he's the best we have to work with. i don't get why guys like buffalobud420 continually make tyrod bashing thread where there's absolutely nothing the fans can do about it this year. unless something unusual happens this year, i'm going to assume we'll have a new qb starting very very soon.

I hear you. I don't take message board chats to serious. I love talking about the Bills. I just saw a tweet today saying Tyrod had a rough day. If he's the starter I want nothing less then success for Tyrod. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. I have my doubts but that don't mean much until the season starts.

Not the biggest Tyrod fan in the world and I think people are completely underestimating how much better Roman's offense was for him than the current one.

But it's the fourth day of training camp. Offense will always struggle early in camp with a new offense.

Wentz will show you just how far ahead he is in regards to TT this season...not even a question.

I find it hilarious that this is even a thing.

I know right, a true rookie started out good but struggled as rookies do and people are ready to right him off as terrible yet the same people want to give a guy in his 7th year and regressed this past year I might add all the slack in the world and excuse after excuse. It makes no sense.

I know right, a true rookie started out good but struggled as rookies do and people are ready to right him off as terrible yet the same people want to give a guy in his 7th year and regressed this past year I might add all the slack in the world and excuse after excuse. It makes no sense.

Can you point to a single person in this thread that is writing him off? Because most of what I see is that he fell apart over the course of the year and it's too early to tell how he'll come back from that.

I want anybody that line up under center for the Bills to be successful regardless of who it is. With the kind of running game Tyrod has had at his disposal and with the amount of time he's been in the league is it wrong to expect more from him? I understand all of the responses both negative and positive. Just understand I want more from my team. I'm not on the rebuild excuse, new coaching staff excuse, new scheme and playbook excuse. I just want more for my team for a change. These excuses have been going on now for over 17yrs. That's far to long. Why are we the only team that accepts mediocrity and then make excuses for it?

Two words: training camp

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0684044527173900519-4

I can't wait to hear news that he's actually sharper in practice. I saw another update saying that him and Sammy are having a hard time connecting and I saw another one saying he wasn't to sharp.

I hope this is just early season jitters. Please let it be.

I guess you're just a worrier. Probably why your friends call you 'Whiskers'.

Wentz was doing more at the LOS in his first month as QB than TT has done in his entire career. I'd take Wentz in a heartbeat. He and Eagles offense fell apart after a nice start but as a QB you need to be able to process the game and Wentz has shown some of that already.

He has and "the offense fell apart." What happens moving forward will determine where he ends up. Wentz certainly didn't do enough as a rookie to say he's definitely ahead.

Wentz was doing more at the LOS in his first month as QB than TT has done in his entire career. I'd take Wentz in a heartbeat. He and Eagles offense fell apart after a nice start but as a QB you need to be able to process the game and Wentz has shown some of that already.

The Eagles D fell apart once teams realized Wentz wasn't going down field. His game is very similar to Trent Edwards.

What has Winston done that would constitute this?

If you held Winston to the same standard that some due here (put the team on his back and win) has he actually done that?

Wooof. Wonder what Jameis would look like with the top run game making his job easy.

The Eagles D fell apart once teams realized Wentz wasn't going down field. His game is very similar to Trent Edwards.

Wentz will thrive with new talented wideouts and Blount helping the run game this year.

What has Winston done that would constitute this?

If you held Winston to the same standard that some due here (put the team on his back and win) has he actually done that?

Winston has, in his first two seasons, thrown for 8100 yards and 50 TDs (he also ran for 7) -- on a mediocre team. He has thrown 33 INTs, which is obviously a negative, but he's also a very young QB.

I don't know what your second sentence means, but Winston is already light years ahead of Tyrod.

Wentz will thrive with new talented wideouts and Blount helping the run game this year.

We'll see if they get down field he actually throws it to them. His problem wasn't bad WRs IMHO, it was checking down too much. If he doesn't change that, his career will paralell Trent's.

If the guy connected on his passes hitting players in stride he would have more 300 yard games. Has he even passed for 300 in a regular game that didn't go into OT?

Bottom line is that Taylor is not a good enough passer to carry this team to the playoffs.

I think it's mostly on TT but that's to be expected. His previous offense was about the run to setup the pass. Not a lot of timing routes involved. He's being asked to do more and there are growing pains. Just hope they don't become lingering pains.

If Rex had Kirk Cousins do you really think they still run the ball that much. They ran the ball so much because they knew Taylor was limited as a passer. If Rex kept calling run with Cousins he would audible to a pass play, I don't even think Taylor knows what audible means.