Polian, Edwards say Chad Kelly most talented QB on Broncos

It wouldn't shock me if Kelly turns into and all-pro but it also wouldn't shock me if he turned into a complete bust too.

Low risk (Mr. Irrelevant in the draft) and potentially a high reward guy for the Broncos.

As fun as it would have been if the Bills had taken him in the last round I think both the Bills and Chad are better off with him playing somewhere else.

The interesting thing is that although he has been humbled by his fall in the draft I get the sense that if he got the chance to play and started getting attention his ego would grow and he would do the same stupid things he did before.

I think you are right. Kids who have grown up with the attitude of entitlement Chad Kelly has shown (and continued to show after being thrown out of the Clemson program by getting arrested) don't typically grow up from the next dose of reality, especially with 'ol "Unca Bill Polian" stroking his ego. It takes years if ever. Even money if he develops into a decent QB or into Ryan Leaf

If the Broncos release Chad after training camp, I hope the bills pick him up. Release Yates and keep peterman and Kelly

No. Just....No. I wish Chad Kelly well, I hope he succeeds but B'lo is NOT the place for him to try. Mr Bean does this and my BS detector goes from "withhold judgement" to "welp, another 3 years gone by"

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Kelly could turn out to be a good player, but my opinion remains the same. If he was a Joe Blow, or a Ryan Leaf, or something other than a Kelly, most Bills fans would not bat an eyelash that he's not on this team. While maybe the Bills missed on some kind of late-born, transcendent talent, I'd rather that they right the ship and to start winning games than to take another risk. Moral victories like diamond-in-the-rough types of players, or guys who outplayed their draft value and got a second lucrative second contract are nice stories, but I'd choose 10-6 and going deep into the playoffs over moral victories any day of the week.

True, but fans LOVE the Mr. Irrelevant story of a late round draft pick having success. I live in Patriots country - and I get VERY tired of hearing about Brady falling to the sixth round and how amazing he is. Just imagine if the Bills took Kelly in the 7th and he ended up being a stud. Would have been a great story to dish out some of that as a fan.

Guest NeckBeard

True, but fans LOVE the Mr. Irrelevant story of a late round draft pick having success. I live in Patriots country - and I get VERY tired of hearing about Brady falling to the sixth round and how amazing he is. Just imagine if the Bills took Kelly in the 7th and he ended up being a stud. Would have been a great story to dish out some of that as a fan.

It would have been a nice story, I agree. Still, had the Bills drafted Kelly, and he ended up IR or reserve-NFI (I think he is the latter as of this moment) and ended up missing a season, could you imagine the outrage?

It would have been a nice story, I agree. Still, had the Bills drafted Kelly, and he ended up IR or reserve-NFI (I think he is the latter as of this moment) and ended up missing a season, could you imagine the outrage?

There wouldn't have been outrage. Unless they drafted him high.

Guest NeckBeard

There wouldn't have been outrage. Unless they drafted him high.

Are you sure? It seems that many enjoy the rage factor of it all.

He's the kind of person and athlete that feels compelled to act on his emotional impulses when challenged. In the heat of competition, this can work for him. Out in public, not so much.

His behavior at Ol' Miss was pretty good. Better than Hugh Freeze, apparently. He put the time in the filmroom and showed he wanted to succeed there. Coaches, fans and teammates seemed to genuinely appreciate him and he acted like he knew it was his last chance. He was fun to watch while there. Even my 82 year old aunt was searching out the Ol' Miss games every week.

As far as his brother's high school game, how does it play if the story was "Chad stayed in the stands while his little brother was buried by the pile during a melee on the other team's sideline because it was a smart career move." I don't think Chad's ego is much different than Jim's except Jim had his brothers to box it in and he didn't grow up in the age of hyper social media.

Talk at the time of the draft was that Denver was going to "red shirt" him. As it is now, he can't even throw to any active member of the team so his post practice reps are vs. air.

I agree that the politics would have been much worse as a member of the Bills.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER