Panthers Fire GM Dave Gettleman

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd timing. Four GMs gone after the normal firing season this year. I know there were certain circumstances in Washington but the others maybe indicate NFL teams have started to think that the traditional firing season doesn't really work for personnel people given the way scouting and the draft works? Maybe the Bills (who have made our last 2 GM changes right after the draft) are ahead of the curve for once?

Odd timing. Four GMs gone after the normal firing season this year. I know there were certain circumstances in Washington but the others maybe indicate NFL teams have started to think that the traditional firing season doesn't really work for personnel people given the way scouting and the draft works? Maybe the Bills (who have made our last 2 GM changes right after the draft) are ahead of the curve for once?

That's a hilarious thing to be ahead of the curve for. The Bills are experienced though. They should be better at determining when to fire a GM.

While I agree with you, GB, I fear you're gonna get flamed. You know how ridiculous it got around here after the Draft..

While I agree with you, GB, I fear you're gonna get flamed. You know how ridiculous it got around here after the Draft..

It actually makes a ton of sense. They get a year of scouting under their belts before the bowl games, before the combine, and before the draft.

I thought Beane left because this guy wasnt going anywhere and he didnt want to wait around any longer after McDermott left?

Looks like Beane was a smart boy, getting out of there before the house cleaning. Rumblings had been in place, just like Whaley. Now I wonder if he'd been part of the "problem" in Carolna.

What rumblings? Just curious as I obv do not follow the Panthers

A couple of things:

- Beane got in the life boat on the Titanic instead of playing as the ship was going down. He's basically Kool & the Gang from Steve Harvey's set in Original Kings of Comesy. That's a good decision.

- Secondly someone wondered if he'd go back to Carolina because he lived in the South his whole life. North Carolina isn't the south it's the Mid-Atlantic at best. Here's a quick guide to determining, "is that the South?" If the state university plays in the SEC it's a yes with a couple of exceptions. Kentucky is too far north, Missouri is too far mid-west and Florida is its own little world. Texas functions like Florida. That leaves South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana as "the south."