Panthers Fire GM Dave Gettleman

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a load of ****. I live in SC. I am also from western NY originally and can tell you that the western NY is far more racist than SC. Your statement is #FakeNews, and Buffalo is a lot like NYC and California I can see.

I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. We just made national news as people fought to keep four Confederate monuments from being removed. It wasn't a few people either. I don't want to make this a political or racial thing so we will leave it there.

I was thinking the same thing I would've thought that the Panthers would've wanted to keep Beane if they were go to fire Gettlleman.

It wasn't a planned firing. This was a spur of the moment owner decision.

Gettlemen was a hardliner (which is why some former players dislike him) business only type of guy. He jettisoned Steve Smith who had lost effectiveness, but wanted money on par with the best receivers. He wasn't nice about it.

He let Josh Norman go to sign a ridiculously bloated contract to a division rival. He wasn't nice about it.

Olsen, the tight end, wants to renegotiate his existing contract and was threatening to hold out (Rosenhaus). Gettlemen seemed disinclined to renegotiate an existing deal.

Thomas, a longtime heart and soul type player (think Fred Jackson), wants a long term contract that doesn't make sense because his play has declined, he has 3 torn ACLs, and is 34. Gettlemen is apparently not a nice guy and wasn't going to give it to him. The owner calls Thomas part of the family and wants it done.

Thus Gettlemen is gone and Thomas will get a new contract.

Edited by jeremy2020

I'm not understanding what your saying. Why are you saying NC isn't the south?

Because he doesn't realize the Mason Dixon line is the southern border of PA and generally accepted as the dividing line of the north and south.

Does anyone have some concerns that they just let Beane walk and then fired Gettleman? If they loved Beane wouldn't you have expected them to drop Gettleman and keep him? It's kind of like when the Bucs fired Lovie so that they could keep Koetter.

2 sides to this coin.

1) Hearing Gettleman's fate had a lot to do with recent interactions with Greg Olson and how a potential rework was or wasn't progressing, so more recent that Beane's departure.

2) Hearing that Beane has followed in Gettleman's lowabll footsteps so far. Worth keeping an eye on, I suppose.

I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. We just made national news as people fought to keep four Confederate monuments from being removed. It wasn't a few people either. I don't want to make this a political or racial thing so we will leave it there.

You already did. Here's a secret the civil war wasn't about slavery check your real history. But after this I won't bother you with anymore facts nor will I continue this conversation but for the record you guys turned it into a race discussion. Before you go accusing me of being a hater and a homophobic racist my boyfriend is Black and I am a white male.

Does anyone have some concerns that they just let Beane walk and then fired Gettleman? If they loved Beane wouldn't you have expected them to drop Gettleman and keep him? It's kind of like when the Bucs fired Lovie so that they could keep Koetter.

I explained this two posts above yours. It's also all over the coverage of him being fired. There were no plans to fire Gettlemen. Owner made a spur of the moment decision while Gettlemen was on vacation.

You already did. Here's a secret the civil war wasn't about slavery check your real history. But after this I won't bother you with anymore facts nor will I continue this conversation but for the record you guys turned it into a race discussion. Before you go accusing me of being a hater and a homophobic racist my boyfriend is Black and I am a white male.

I didn't make this a race thing and am not accusing you of that either. I've found my time in the South to be eye opening. I can't speak for your experiences but there is A LOT of hate here. I do a lot of work in Mississippi and it's even worse. There is a lot of distrust and it was magnified with the fight over the monuments. Crime rates here have been rising like crazy and it's furthered the divide.

If anyone interpreted this as any sort of political statement I apologize. I took one shot at NC with the bathroom bill. The ENTIRE point that I was trying to make is that different regions have a different perspective as to whom belongs where. Louisianan's have a different perspective as to what states comprise the South than New Yorkers. Those are the people that I can speak for. Thought that it was interesting because before I moved to Louisiana it never crossed my mind that NC or Virginia would be considered the North. Once I got here people were like "um, no, that's not the South."

I explained this two posts above yours. It's also all over the coverage of him being fired. There were no plans to fire Gettlemen. Owner made a spur of the moment decision while Gettlemen was on vacation.

That pretty much covers it.

That's a load of ****. I live in SC. I am also from western NY originally and can tell you that the western NY is far more racist than SC. Your statement is #FakeNews, and Buffalo is a lot like NYC and California I can see.

Ok, sweeping generalizations like this are pretty silly. Are there racist losers in Buffalo? Yup. Are there racist losers in SC? Yup. And Buffalo didn't have a white loser shoot up a black church.

Stop with generalization. There are good and bad people everywhere.

concur.

toledo is also much more racist

north carolina is not that racist, oddly.

That leaves South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana as "the south."

Oops, you forgot to include South Dakota in the list.

Sorry, Kirby. I was just having some fun with this off-topic discussion. B-)

concur.

toledo is also much more racist

north carolina is not that racist, oddly.

Maybe it's the people you are hanging with. The people I know from Buffalo are a diverse, awesome group of attractive people.

Fact, ugly loser tend to be the biggest racists.

Jerry Richardson is very unpredictable and makes snap decisions unilaterally (he's like irsay without the drugs). This has nothing to do with Beane.

Irsay without the drugs is a very apt description. He believes very much in the team being a "Family" organization (despite firing his two sons) and has often supported bad contracts for players he liked even though there was little hope they would live up to or even be able to fulfill the contract.

He's also been a thorn in the NFL's side on modernization initiatives with many votes against.

Jerry Richardson is very unpredictable and makes snap decisions unilaterally (he's like irsay without the drugs). This has nothing to do with Beane.

This made me laugh. I forget what a wild card Irsay is. He's pretty far down the list of "the worst owners in sports." Of James Dolan ever puts the Knicks up for sale Irsay will be on the short list.

Maybe it's the people you are hanging with. The people I know from Buffalo are a diverse, awesome group of attractive people.

Where do us classically handsome guys stand?

This made me laugh. I forget what a wild card Irsay is. He's pretty far down the list of "the worst owners in sports." Of James Dolan ever puts the Knicks up for sale Irsay will be on the short list.

Where do us classically handsome guys stand?

I'm sure you Kirby, like myself have had no trouble making friends and dating girls, probably of many different races. I honestly don't get racist people and most of the losers live in places I don't want to visit.

that's just a misconception of sorts.

it's not the people i hang with. i actually don't hang with a regular group most of the time; and the group i am around most is not the one i actually choose to be around so much as it happens if i can say without getting detailed

those who are transplants are more judgmental to those outsiders than those from the area. the average carolina resident in the non city just wants to be left alone and will not harm or bother anyone.