Have you ever rooted for the Pats to win a SuperBowl?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly in 2001 I did versus the Rams because they were the underdogs. I regret it now.

What is this, a Confession Thread? Forgive Father for I have sinned..

Yes, same game for me. Pats* were new to it and got there by the tuck rule. Rams seemed unstoppable. But this was immediately following 9/11 -w/ U2 as the halftime act and Paul McCartney the Opening Act. Announcers asked Sir Paul at halftime who he liked. He said (paraphrasing) in light of 9/11 it would be great if a team named the Patriots could win.

That sold me.

Same- I thought it seemed like a good story at the time. I had no idea what was ahead. Also, now we know the Pats likely cheated in that game so I take back any goodr thoughts I had for them and replace it with white hot hatred.

This

NO and now I hate Pete Carrol and Dopey Shanahan the OC for Atlanta for handing them the last two championships because they couldn't just handoff the football at the end of the game.

So my NFL hate list doubles from warren sapp and brady to add those two idiots (ironically both head coaches now)

]tenor.gif

This. And from now until my last days I won't after what we have been through with them. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, and Andre Reed could resurrect their careers and play for the Patriots and I still couldn't root for them. Another poster mentioned rooting for them against the Chiefs, I am assuming for the pick we have next year, I for one will not be, they are still in our division and want them to lose every single game. Nothing would make me happier, other than a Bills Superbowl of course. Unfortunately both of those will not happen soon

I lived in Boston at the time and even went to the parade although it was too cold to stick around. The whole city was caught up in it as it was a first for the Pats. At the time, Bills & Patriots were pretty even in all time standings. Since then it has got progressively worse around here as they continue to beat up on my team. I dropped Sunday Ticket this year after 15 years of futility while living in New England. I'm hoping to move South before football season begins, so maybe that will change their fortunes.

I have to admit, last year, I wanted to see them make the comeback...that was pretty incredible. It wasn't because I like the Pats (at all) or because I hate the Falcons (they are kinda one of the "meh" teams in the league for me), but just because I wanted to see something happen that had never happened before.

I have to admit, last year, I wanted to see them make the comeback...that was pretty incredible. It wasn't because I like the Pats (at all) or because I hate the Falcons (they are kinda one of the "meh" teams in the league for me), but just because I wanted to see something happen that had never happened before.

That drives me nuts with NE....Not only do they win all the time, but they win in some incredible, never seen before way that will be talked about for 100 years...it's really annoying...

Having said that, I did root for them vs the Rams...I knew Belichick would come up with a plan to ground the greatest show on turf....and he did just that...

That drives me nuts with NE....Not only do they win all the time, but they win in some incredible, never seen before way that will be talked about for 100 years...it's really annoying...

Having said that, I did root for them vs the Rams...I knew Belichick would come up with a plan to ground the greatest show on turf....and he did just that...

In fairness, they lost one like that to NYG, too, with the helmet catch.

In fairness, they lost one like that to NYG, too, with the helmet catch.

True...I will say this..when NE is in the SB, the games are usually entertaining...I remember the one in 2003 vs Carolina...that was a heck of a game..Seatte, Atlanta of course...that 1st one vs the Rams...all very good games...the 2 vs the Giants were also entertaining...the only one I can think of that was not special was in 2004 when they beat the Eagles...or when they got destroyed by Chicago in the 80's...

Edited by Iron Maiden