One big, dirty, stat.

#34fan

Scanning available stats, I found many areas where the Bills did well... Rushing stats were phenomenal... Believe it or not, Many of our stats ranged from good to middle of the pack

Except one.

Perhaps the one that kept us out of the playoff's for the seventeenth time in a row.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

Yes, the D was miserable... But in order to be competitive this one stat MUST change... Note to our QB's -SPRAY IT, DON'T SAY IT!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can win by running the ball effectively and the opposing team can't stop you, then the correct number of passes you should throw is around zero. A balanced offense is achieved by mixing the proper ratio of successful running plays with successful passing plays. Unsuccessful passing plays hurt you in three ways...1. no yards gained 2. little time taken off the clock 3. a tired defense put right back out on the field.

Scanning available stats, I found many areas where the Bills did well... Rushing stats were phenomenal... Believe it or not, Many of our stats ranged from good to middle of the pack

Except one.

Perhaps the one that kept us out of the playoff's for the seventeenth time in a row.

Yes, the D was miserable... But in order to be competitive this one stat MUST change... Note to our QB's -SPRAY IT, DON'T SAY IT!

+ 1

these stats were last year.

"17" may be the season they end the streak?

I guess if one wanted to cling on to last seasons stats to rag on the QB, this may be useful

but with a new staff and an OC that likely will still rely on the run and may open up the pass game more?

maybe they change that stat, maybe not?

lets see what happens in 2017.

Except one.

Last time I wathced a game there were very few qbs allowed to call their own plays. Offensive coordinators call the plays. Your advice should say note to our OC tell the qb to spray it.

It really baffles me how fans dont understand very simplistic concepts regarding football.

Except one.

The low pass attempt discussions have been going on for awhile now.

On the other hand Buffalo averaged over 5 yards a run attempt despite the oppositions knowledge of the Bills intentions.

Do you consider the best run game in the NFL a negative?

The low pass attempt discussions have been going on for awhile now.

On the other hand Buffalo averaged over 5 yards a run attempt despite the oppositions knowledge of the Bills intentions.

Do you consider the best run game in the NFL a negative?

:blink: Praising our run game was part of the original post... Perhaps you should read it ..

The problem with the run when you have a LOUSY D, is that you can't keep pace with your opponents scoring... even if you have a middle of the pack defense, the run game shouldn't be your mainstay.

Get the TE's involved so you can move the chains and score in different ways... I don't see this offense making any strides if the starter doesn't at least TRY to chuck the ball downfield.

Except one.

That's dirty.

:blink: Praising our run game was part of the original post... Perhaps you should read it ..

The problem with the run when you have a LOUSY D, is that you can't keep pace with your opponents scoring... even if you have a middle of the pack defense, the run game shouldn't be your mainstay.

Get the TE's involved so you can move the chains and score in different ways... I don't see this offense making any strides if the starter doesn't at least TRY to chuck the ball downfield.

Where do you think less pass attempts went?

I suppose you could say Rex is one big, dirty...

With all due respect OP my point is the G Roman low pass attempts was by design and its something our HC wanted out of the O.

Edited by Figster

Where do you think less pass attempts went?

Alot of them went into Taylor Savings & Loan... Well, mostly SAVINGS... That's where Tightwad keeps all the wide open guys he didn't hit, and all the plays he left on the field because he was scared to throw.

Yah... guys were hurt... The WR corp. was weak.... Still, there were many opportunities TT let sail by...

This year's schedule offers little in the way of forgiveness for such mistakes.

Bottom line? -Ball's gotta fly in '17. or we CRY in '17... -AGAIN!

Except one.

so, you're saying we should have run the ball less? Because you cant have it both ways.