One big, dirty, stat.

#34fan

Point #1 you are correct in the way you took it.

Point 2, it indicates that the Bills D is the best of the bunch when we win.

As far as my analysis, I'll get there in a bit. Potentially in a new topic. I've gone through this analysis and then some for every team in the league over the past 2 years and charted it all in a spreadsheet. Yes, I'm a math nerd.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you never give up.

Better Teams?

Head to head comparison of 5 teams

Bills 7-9*, Ravens 8-8, Colts 8-8, Saints 7-9, Chargers 5-11.

Nice try. Have a good day.

Offense vs playoff teams: 25.0 ppg
Defense vs playoff teams: 33.1 ppg

What does that tell us?

Against playoff teams the offense has to score more.

Occums Rasor.

Because no one should expect 25 points to beat a good team. SMH. 31 points against Miami with one minute left-that's not enough either, right?

Because no one should expect 25 points to beat a good team. SMH. 31 points against Miami with one minute left-that's not enough either, right?

ATL won the NFC with the 25th ranked Defense!... Ours was ranked 19th... Do they have better weaons and a better QB? -Yup.... So, despite all the statistical love, It's fair for folks to question TT's usefulness going forward... Especially since the FO found it prudent to pass on both Decker AND Maclin...

Setting McDermott up to fail?????

ATL won the NFC with the 25th ranked Defense!... Ours was ranked 19th... Do they have better weaons and a better QB? -Yup.... So, despite all the statistical love, It's fair for folks to question TT's usefulness going forward... Especially since the FO found it prudent to pass on both Decker AND Maclin...

Why not improve the defense and maybe make the playoffs? The offense was good enough if the defense was better.Playoff teams are allowed to have good defenses.

Edited by JM2009

Why not improve the defense and maybe make the playoffs? The offense was good enough if the defense was better.Playoff teams are allowed to have good defenses.

The defense needs to improve without question... If they do, can they count on TT for run support??? I would've loved it if we Macdecker'd things this season... Teams that were serious about improving their bottom line stepped up...

Edited by #34fan

Yeah they had a worse defense. They also had the number one scoring offense in the league. 99 points more than any other team.

Are your expectations and bench mark that high?

Edited by Scott7975

Yeah they had a worse defense. They also had the number one scoring offense in the league. 99 points more than any other team.

Are your expectations and bench mark that high?

Aren't yours?

I'll never understand what this team has against building to the competition... This is an arms race... Teams like ATL, TEN, and TAM get that... NE has perhaps the greatest weapon in the league with TB... Why aren't we digging through his trash for hair follicles to CLONE the son-of-a-*gun... We'll never go far because we never go far enough... GO BILLS.

Why not improve both?

Occams Razor.

For 2017, the defense is fixable. That was the main problem in 2016, not the offense. Some good posters have proved this and yet the agendas keep going. TT must have done something to you guys. How can you even root for the team to win this year is beyond me when the handful of you have an infatuation of hate against the starting QB.

Aren't yours?

I'll never understand what this team has against building to the competition... This is an arms race... Teams like ATL, TEN, and TAM get that... NE has perhaps the greatest weapon in the league with TB... Why aren't we digging through his trash for hair follicles to CLONE the son-of-a-*gun... We'll never go far because we never go far enough... GO BILLS.

No my expectations are not that high. Would I love it? Of course but I don't expect it.

Atlanta the year before only scored 21.x points a game the season before. Good for 22nd in the NFL.