One big, dirty, stat.

#34fan

Would you apply that logic to the Colts or Saints?

Disclaimer: not saying Tyrod is better than either of those QB's. Just suggesting that maybe the other guys on the team are a little important too.

I had already made a comment on the Saints a page or 2 back.

Andrew Luck He's in the same situation Peyton was in. Not enough of a supporting cast. On that note ...

imo

both Andrew and Drew are far better than TT.

Put either Luck or Drew on the Bills and it's a lock to make the playoffs.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I love Maury's pantsing argument. Tyrod pantsed more teams than rivers and just as many as Brees therefore they're equal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me go !!

Tyrod > Brees and Rivers and Eli !!

Goodnight. I'm off to Ruby Tuesdays for croutons

I had already made a comment on the Saints a page or 2 back.

Andrew Luck He's in the same situation Peyton was in. Not enough of a supporting cast. On that note ...

imo

both Andrew and Drew are far better than TT.

Put either Luck or Drew on the Bills and it's a lock to make the playoffs.

Watkins and McCoy have missed a total of 16 games combined since TT has been QB. seems like his supporting cast hasn't been on the field for him many times-esp Watkins. Just like that, the Bills can get a QB like Brees or Luck. Didn't know it was that easy.

I also took a look at scoring in wins vs. losses over the past 2 years (while looking into some KC stuff). I actually did find an interesting trend that I don't like while looking, FWIW.

First off, in our 15 Wins over the past 2 years:

Bills PPG: 27.1

Opponents PPG: 14.5 :wub:

In our losses over the past 2 years:

Bills PPG: 21.9 (including 3 games with EJ/Cardale for a quarter)

Opponents PPG: 30.5 :sick:

So there is about a 5 point swing in our Offense's production between wins and losses, but a 16 point swing in what our D gives up between our wins and losses. Seems crazy!

Also, over the past 2 years our Defense has allowed 24+ points 14 times. We are 0-14 in those games. We are 15-3 in games where our opponents were held to 23 or fewer points. We suck at shootouts, clearly. And to my point with KC, their Defense has allowed 24+ points 8 times over the past 2 years. We allowed 8 such games last season alone.

Why would that be?

The offense is built for the run, not shootouts. This was Ryan's plan before TT was ever the starting QB.

or the QB just isn't capable of getting the job done, and it was the superior running game as to why the Bills scored the amount of points the did.

It's the NFL 2017 version where everyone scores and scores a lot, QB needed who can pass and win games.

The offense is built for the run, not shootouts. This was Ryan's plan before TT was ever the starting QB.

....and he let the WORLD know with ONE stallion in the stable....31 GM's league wide started wearing Depends after this clown's proclamation.............

Ahh I love Maury's pantsing argument. Tyrod pantsed more teams than rivers and just as many as Brees therefore they're equal

Let me go !!

Tyrod > Brees and Rivers and Eli !!

Goodnight. I'm off to Ruby Tuesdays for croutons

You said it! Based on your pantsing method he is

or the QB just isn't capable of getting the job done, and it was the superior running game as to why the Bills scored the amount of points the did.

It's the NFL 2017 version where everyone scores and scores a lot, QB needed who can pass and win games.

The Bills offense was top ten in points scored in 2016. And this was the plan-strong defense, strong running game, a QB who limits turnovers and can manage the game. This is Roman's offense.

....and he let the WORLD know with ONE stallion in the stable....31 GM's league wide started wearing Depends after this clown's proclamation.............

lol.

Would you apply that logic to the Colts or Saints?

Disclaimer: not saying Tyrod is better than either of those QB's. Just suggesting that maybe the other guys on the team are a little important too.

Because I like Tyrod, stats, and the Bills I ran some more numbers, this time with the Bills, the Saints, the Colts, the Ravens, and the Chargers.

Average Points Scored and Allowed in Wins:

Bills: 27.1 - 14.5

Saints: 34.9 - 26.6

Colts: 27.8 - 19.3

Ravens: 23.9 - 16.5

Chargers: 31.1 - 22.1

Average Points Scored and Allowed in Losses:

Bills: 21.9 - 30.5

Saints: 21.6 - 30.9

Colts: 18.7 - 30.7

Ravens: 18.9 - 26.7

Chargers: 19.6 - 27.0

Offensive and Defensive Swing between Wins and Losses:

Bills: O: 5.2 D: -16.0 (Consistent Offensive production, Jekyll & Hyde Defense)

Saints: O: 13.2 D: -4.3 (Jekyll & Hyde Offense, Consistently Bad Defense)

Colts: O: 9.1 D: -11.4 (Only 1 side of the ball shows up on any given week)

Ravens: O: 5.0 D: -10.3 (Consistent, but low Offensive Production, Inconsistent, but solid Defense)

Chargers: O: 11.5 D: -4.9 (Inconsistent Offensive Production, Consistently below average Defense)

24+ Allowed Win %; 23 or less Allowed Win %:

Bills: 0.00%; 83.33%

Saints: 28.57%; 72.73%

Colts: 27.78%; 78.57%

Ravens: 16.67%; 71.43%

Chargers: 22.73%; 40.00%

Sorry this turned into a book... :oops:

I believe the correct term is TT 'cabana boy punchers'

What folks might have against improving the stat is that throwing more doesn't equal winning more.

Ever see a bunch of cabana-boys cowering in fear under a cabana??? -Not pretty.... All will be revealed about TT in 3 months time....

Because I like Tyrod, stats, and the Bills I ran some more numbers, this time with the Bills, the Saints, the Colts, the Ravens, and the Chargers.

Average Points Scored and Allowed in Wins:

Bills: 27.1 - 14.5

Saints: 34.9 - 26.6

Colts: 27.8 - 19.3

Ravens: 23.9 - 16.5

Chargers: 31.1 - 22.1

Average Points Scored and Allowed in Losses:

Bills: 21.9 - 30.5

Saints: 21.6 - 30.9

Colts: 18.7 - 30.7

Ravens: 18.9 - 26.7

Chargers: 19.6 - 27.0

Offensive and Defensive Swing between Wins and Losses:

Bills: O: 5.2 D: -16.0 (Consistent Offensive production, Jekyll & Hyde Defense)

Saints: O: 13.2 D: -4.3 (Jekyll & Hyde Offense, Consistently Bad Defense)

Colts: O: 9.1 D: -11.4 (Only 1 side of the ball shows up on any given week)

Ravens: O: 5.0 D: -10.3 (Consistent, but low Offensive Production, Inconsistent, but solid Defense)

Chargers: O: 11.5 D: -4.9 (Inconsistent Offensive Production, Consistently below average Defense)

24+ Allowed Win %; 23 or less Allowed Win %:

Bills: 0.00%; 83.33%

Saints: 28.57%; 72.73%

Colts: 27.78%; 78.57%

Ravens: 16.67%; 71.43%

Chargers: 22.73%; 40.00%

Sorry this turned into a book... :oops:

We score more on average than Brees, Luck, Flacco or Rivers. Guess that puts Tyrod into perspective doesn't it.

I've always said the biggest problem is that we watch every play of every game for the Bills and most posters only watch the highlights of other teams, of course we look worse in those circumstances.

We score more on average than Brees, Luck, Flacco or Rivers. Guess that puts Tyrod into perspective doesn't it.

I've always said the biggest problem is that we watch every play of every game for the Bills and most posters only watch the highlights of other teams, of course we look worse in those circumstances.

Maybe I read it wrong. I believe the #'s indicated that "Buffalo scored more on average in Losses than Brees and others.

In Wins they scored less than w/the exception of Balt

Ravens: 23.9 Bills: 27.1 Colts: 27.8 Chargers: 31.1 Saints: 34.9

It also indicates that the Bills D is better than all the rest in points allowed.

Bills: 14.5 Ravens: 16.5 Colts: 19.3 Chargers: 22.1 Saints: 26.6

Maybe I read it wrong. I believe the #'s indicated that "Buffalo scored more on average in Losses than Brees and others.

It also indicates that the Bills D is better than all the rest in points allowed.

The defense against the better teams averaged giving up 33 points a game. This has already been noted.

The defense against the better teams averaged giving up 33 points a game. This has already been noted.

you never give up.

Better Teams?

Head to head comparison of 5 teams

Bills 7-9*, Ravens 8-8, Colts 8-8, Saints 7-9, Chargers 5-11.

Nice try. Have a good day.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

One interpretation of those numbers is that the defense was responsible for many of our wins.

But then that is true... some of Tyrod's worst games on tape last year were games we won. Cincy, Arizona, LA....

And don't get me wrong, I think the defense was mainly awful the last 2 years. I just am still struggling to come up with wins where I go "Tyrod was the main reason we won." He has had some of his best games in "nearly" performances.

Edited by GunnerBill

There's a very real chance that TT can give us tremendous leverage at certain field positions/down & Distances... If Yates, Peterman, or Jones (hey, it could happen!) emerges as more of a mainstay QB, perhaps TT can be trotted out after expensive Sacks.... Even short yardage situations where other backs can benefit from his presence on the field... Hmmmm.... I see a way to turn the situational love TT gets from the stat-guys into scoring drives for us.

Does anyone feel similarly?

Point #1 you are correct in the way you took it.

Point 2, it indicates that the Bills D is the best of the bunch when we win.

As far as my analysis, I'll get there in a bit. Potentially in a new topic. I've gone through this analysis and then some for every team in the league over the past 2 years and charted it all in a spreadsheet. Yes, I'm a math nerd.

Point #1 you are correct in the way you took it.

Point 2, it indicates that the Bills D is the best of the bunch when we win.

As far as my analysis, I'll get there in a bit. Potentially in a new topic. I've gone through this analysis and then some for every team in the league over the past 2 years and charted it all in a spreadsheet. Yes, I'm a math nerd.

:thumbsup:

you never give up.

Better Teams?

Head to head comparison of 5 teams

Bills 7-9*, Ravens 8-8, Colts 8-8, Saints 7-9, Chargers 5-11.

Nice try. Have a good day.

Offense vs playoff teams: 25.0 ppg
Defense vs playoff teams: 33.1 ppg

What does that tell us?

Against playoff teams the offense has to score more.

Occums Rasor.

Because no one should expect 25 points to beat a good team. SMH. 31 points against Miami with one minute left-that's not enough either, right?

Because no one should expect 25 points to beat a good team. SMH. 31 points against Miami with one minute left-that's not enough either, right?

ATL won the NFC with the 25th ranked Defense!... Ours was ranked 19th... Do they have better weaons and a better QB? -Yup.... So, despite all the statistical love, It's fair for folks to question TT's usefulness going forward... Especially since the FO found it prudent to pass on both Decker AND Maclin...

Setting McDermott up to fail?????

ATL won the NFC with the 25th ranked Defense!... Ours was ranked 19th... Do they have better weaons and a better QB? -Yup.... So, despite all the statistical love, It's fair for folks to question TT's usefulness going forward... Especially since the FO found it prudent to pass on both Decker AND Maclin...

Why not improve the defense and maybe make the playoffs? The offense was good enough if the defense was better.Playoff teams are allowed to have good defenses.

Edited by JM2009

Why not improve the defense and maybe make the playoffs? The offense was good enough if the defense was better.Playoff teams are allowed to have good defenses.

The defense needs to improve without question... If they do, can they count on TT for run support??? I would've loved it if we Macdecker'd things this season... Teams that were serious about improving their bottom line stepped up...

Edited by #34fan

Yeah they had a worse defense. They also had the number one scoring offense in the league. 99 points more than any other team.

Are your expectations and bench mark that high?

Edited by Scott7975

Yeah they had a worse defense. They also had the number one scoring offense in the league. 99 points more than any other team.

Are your expectations and bench mark that high?

Aren't yours?

I'll never understand what this team has against building to the competition... This is an arms race... Teams like ATL, TEN, and TAM get that... NE has perhaps the greatest weapon in the league with TB... Why aren't we digging through his trash for hair follicles to CLONE the son-of-a-*gun... We'll never go far because we never go far enough... GO BILLS.

Why not improve both?

Occams Razor.

For 2017, the defense is fixable. That was the main problem in 2016, not the offense. Some good posters have proved this and yet the agendas keep going. TT must have done something to you guys. How can you even root for the team to win this year is beyond me when the handful of you have an infatuation of hate against the starting QB.

Aren't yours?

I'll never understand what this team has against building to the competition... This is an arms race... Teams like ATL, TEN, and TAM get that... NE has perhaps the greatest weapon in the league with TB... Why aren't we digging through his trash for hair follicles to CLONE the son-of-a-*gun... We'll never go far because we never go far enough... GO BILLS.

No my expectations are not that high. Would I love it? Of course but I don't expect it.

Atlanta the year before only scored 21.x points a game the season before. Good for 22nd in the NFL.