Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

I find the concept of holding training camp at a remote location archaic. It seems to me that it is based on MLB model, but it is from an age gone by. These players are professionals, if living in a tiny dorm room for three weeks is required to make them focus then they need to change careers.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the concept of holding training camp at a remote location archaic. It seems to me that it is based on MLB model, but it is from an age gone by. These players are professionals, if living in a tiny dorm room for three weeks is required to make them focus then they need to change careers.

i thought MLB did it for weather purposes

That is true which supports my point. NFL doesn't need to do it because of weather, so why do it?

most teams don't do it anymore, which is why I thought McD might move on from it. I think it's more complex though than what he wants. That said there isn't any evidence that he wants to, I thought in the presser, he sounded like it was important this year in particular to gel as a team with so much "new" in place - but overall I got the impression he could really take it or leave it. Jmo of course, it was just my impression of how he sounded when talking about it. Edited by YoloinOhio

Jumping into this a little late...Sucks training camp will be cut short a week. I drop my daughter off at Fisher a day after camp breaks. It's been a blast the three previous years getting to see camp. Oh well. My question, does anyone know if they'll have open camps once they get back to Buffalo? I know they have one in early August, but wondering about after the move.

My two cents, I hope they stay at Fisher. It's done a lot for the Rochester area and with the money given to Fisher, it's helped them build up some nice facilities. It seems like a perfect match.

Jumping into this a little late...Sucks training camp will be cut short a week. I drop my daughter off at Fisher a day after camp breaks. It's been a blast the three previous years getting to see camp. Oh well. My question, does anyone know if they'll have open camps once they get back to Buffalo? I know they have one in early August, but wondering about after the move.

My two cents, I hope they stay at Fisher. It's done a lot for the Rochester area and with the money given to Fisher, it's helped them build up some nice facilities. It seems like a perfect match.

well, actually - that is better than dropping her off before camp breaks.

You know since the Bills are still sleeping in the dorms

Bad humor ... she plays collegiate volleyball there, they start team training before college starts up. They've been there w/ the Bills for the past 3 season (many more before she arrived). Any yes, they're put into a different residential hall than the Bills.

Anyone know if they sell tickets to get into the VIP area of practice? Or are those areas just reserved for people who know people? Thought would be cool to get down in there nice and close and to get autographs with my nephew when bills are coming out onto practice field.

Anyone know if they sell tickets to get into the VIP area of practice? Or are those areas just reserved for people who know people? Thought would be cool to get down in there nice and close and to get autographs with my nephew when bills are coming out onto practice field.

The hospitality tent is invite only (sponsors, families, suite holders and certain club seat holders) but the autographs are not. They have some players designated to sign after each practice but often more guys stay (depending on when their meetings are).

it is marketing regionalization of the team for fan purposes....Rochester and east bring thousands of fans...the Toronto Series was financial regionalization to attract investors to keep Buffalo in the reion no less when RW eventually passed...........Pegula solved that conundrum...........

it is marketing regionalization of the team for fan purposes....Rochester and east bring thousands of fans...the Toronto Series was financial regionalization to attract investors to keep Buffalo in the reion no less when RW eventually passed...........Pegula solved that conundrum...........

I was going to post , TC at SJF creates so much buzz here in Rochester. It really is a great opportunity for folks further east to get connected. Excellent Facility.

We locals appreciate the gift

Just bought plane tickets to go visit my father in Rochester. Will be at tc the last day of camp with him. He turns 93 the following weekend. We last went to camp for the 2nd day two years ago. Since I rarely post, none of you feel you know me, but I've been reading most of your posts daily for many years.

Just bought plane tickets to go visit my father in Rochester. Will be at tc the last day of camp with him. He turns 93 the following weekend. We last went to camp for the 2nd day two years ago. Since I rarely post, none of you feel you know me, but I've been reading most of your posts daily for many years.

Hope to see you there!

I get that part, but I hated living in a dorm when I was 18. I just can't imagine that grown men, who have worked incredibly hard to get where they are not to mention they are millionaires like living in a cinder block room.

Looking for my clipboard now.

If you come out to training camp, come over and say hi.

I'm always top right as you face the stands.

Astro

do you like traditional Mexican street food. Taqueria style ? I know a little place near the BBq joint .. :rolleyes:

Most excellent !!

Congrats to your Pops !!!!

You seem a Darned Good Son.

I've never been to camp. Am I really missing anything?

How will you ever know if you do not try ?

I've never been to camp. Am I really missing anything?

If you have kids in the 8-13 years old range that like football, they will love it. For adults it depends on how much you like watching the players run through drills. But the Bills and SJF do a great job, it is comfortable, clean, easy to get to with the shuttle busses, and free (except for the $1 shuttle bus charge for adults). They also have a Bills Store there to sell you some merch like jerseys etc.as well as some free stuff like Bills car magnets.

Edited by CodeMonkey