Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

@buffalobills

THIS JUST IN: Our 2017 #BillsCamp schedule! We'll see you there this summer, Bills fans. http://bufbills.co/pHudUi

DCXf6QQXgAEBVLs.jpg

Bills announce ticket distribution information for four practices

The Bills have announced distribution locations for four ticketed practices including the teams first practice at Buffalo Bills Training Camp presented by Connors & Ferris and The Return of the Blue + Red night practice presented by Bud Light at New Era Field.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any clue where to get tickets for the night practices? I didn't see anything on the camp site.

just updated on the Bills App (now sponsored by M&T Bank :death: )

Trainingcamp_schedule_story.jpg

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-announce-2017-Connors--Ferris-Training-Camp-dates/ffb55da5-a33f-43e2-aee0-665543753802

Further details on ticketing information at St. John Fisher College as well as the open practice at New Era Field will be announced on a later date and will be available and updated throughout training camp on the Bills social media channels and BuffaloBills.com

I wonder if they will phase out SJF eventually

With all they've done to build it up? I can't see that happening. Plus I'd be pissed. I drive from ROC for every home game. I like the opportunity to see them right in my backyard.

With all they've done to build it up? I can't see that happening. Plus I'd be pissed. I drive from ROC for every home game. I like the opportunity to see them right in my backyard.

just got that impression listening to the presser. I know it's a Russ thing but McD seemed to think it was important to get away this year to build team identity but even he's cutting it short. I could see it potentially going away in future. The organization seems to want to do thinks differently than they have in the past. Most teams stay st the facility now.

I wonder if they will phase out SJF eventually

just got that impression listening to the presser. I know it's a Russ thing but McD seemed to think it was important to get away this year to build team identity but even he's cutting it short. I could see it potentially going away in future. The organization seems to want to do thinks differently than they have in the past. Most teams stay st the facility now.

Maybe. But a big part of having camp located in Rochester is marketing. Rochester makes up a high percentage of season ticket holders. Plus having it in Roch makes it easier for people from the Syracuse area to get there (and maybe spark interest to go to some games).

Maybe. But a big part of having camp located in Rochester is marketing. Rochester makes up a high percentage of season ticket holders. Plus having it in Roch makes it easier for people from the Syracuse area to get there (and maybe spark interest to go to some games).

They should hold camp in Toronto

I get it and I'm not advocating they should move it - but I could see them doing so, and having one or two practices there to feed those fans instead of the whole thing. Kind of how the Browns do it with Cbus.

I get it and I'm not advocating they should move it - but I could see them doing so, and having one or two practices there to feed those fans instead of the whole thing. Kind of how the Browns do it with Cbus.

I hear what you're saying... Maybe it is the ultimate direction of things, but it would be a shame. Bills camp regularly gets written up as one of the best training camps in the NFL, for the fan experience. Peter King always raves about it.

Edited by jimmy10

If McD thinks moving it away from Rochester will help him win, I think it will happen. It might be a great marketing scheme, but ultimately winning is the best marketing. People from NY to LA will care about the Bills if they became winners.

Winning is the best marketing a team can have. Since SJF 17 years-no playoffs 17 years.

Winning is the best marketing a team can have. Since SJF 17 years-no playoffs 17 years.

And you think training camp at SJF is the reason? :)

If McD thinks moving it away from Rochester will help him win, I think it will happen. It might be a great marketing scheme, but ultimately winning is the best marketing. People from NY to LA will care about the Bills if they became winners.

They have been doing just fine ticket sales wise even being a mediocre team at best.

One or two practices is almost pointless. Not sure if you have ever been to camp at SJF, but the Bills do it right. Autograph tent for the kids and many more things. It's a great, fan building, experience.

Bottom line, what McD wants is probably what McD gets. And I also get he might not want to spend a month away from home. But it would be a shame.

Edited by CodeMonkey