Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kids autograph tent is not all that good.

The reason being that the kids have to pretty much miss the whole practice standing in line at that tent. Then after practice two players come out and it could literally be the 3rd string cornerback signing in there. And then they can leave after 15 minutes if the line is done or not.

They do post the names of who will be in there though so you can pick if it is worth it to you.

My impression has been that most times kids are better off watching the practice and then trying their luck getting random autographs from players who come over to the grandstands after practice, just to be nice.

Yes the lines get long in the tent if they are not there early. But my experience over many years there contradicts everything else you said. Like you said, they list exactly who will be in the tent every day, and ahead of time. It isn't a 3rd string surprise showing up. There is a set time the players will be there, I don't remember what it is, but it is more than 15 minutes. And I have never seen one player leave early. My kids loved it for years, but they are too old to get in now. Unless things changed dramatically for the worse last year, my experience was very different from yours.

My favorite memory is when my youngest boy came running out of the tent all excited because one of the players signing, I believe it was Spiller, gave my son one of the bottles of gatorade they have for the players to drink. He thought that was the greatest thing in the world! :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Anyone know if they sell tickets to get into the VIP area of practice? Or are those areas just reserved for people who know people? Thought would be cool to get down in there nice and close and to get autographs with my nephew when bills are coming out onto practice field.

The hospitality tent is invite only (sponsors, families, suite holders and certain club seat holders) but the autographs are not. They have some players designated to sign after each practice but often more guys stay (depending on when their meetings are).

I sat there a few times. My mother used to get invited by a Multiple Sclerosis group and the 2 of us would go up there. Players would pop over (I have a picture with Spiller after his first practice with my f*ck the Fish shirt on) and sign some things (I have a Trent signed jersey - accepting all bids :lol: ), there are some snacks, and they are shaded. Other than that it is no different than anywhere else. People over where the players come in and out looked to have a lot more success getting things signed as all players must go by them. I really enjoyed the shade more than anything lol.

Looking for my clipboard now.

If you come out to training camp, come over and say hi.

I'm always top right as you face the stands.

Astro

:worthy: I clicked on this thread with the express intent of asking if anyone had heard from you and if you would be there this year. Thank you for all you do. Seriously. The only reason I am excited for camp is because it means your reports start again. Thank you. I can't say it enough! :thumbsup:

I say it every year -- I'd rather read Astro's reports from training camp than anything coming from the Bills' beat reporters (who always seem to have an axe to grind).

Yup every bit of this.

Bills announce ticket distribution information for four practices

The Bills have announced distribution locations for four ticketed practices – including the team’s first practice at Buffalo Bills Training Camp presented by Connors & Ferris and ‘The Return of the Blue + Red’ night practice presented by Bud Light at New Era Field.

From yesterday for anyone who plans on going to a practice that requires tickets.