Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

I find the concept of holding training camp at a remote location archaic. It seems to me that it is based on MLB model, but it is from an age gone by. These players are professionals, if living in a tiny dorm room for three weeks is required to make them focus then they need to change careers.

Training camp is what makes some of them professional. Lots of college players are used to be treated like man on campus and this is where they learn professionalism.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the concept of holding training camp at a remote location archaic. It seems to me that it is based on MLB model, but it is from an age gone by. These players are professionals, if living in a tiny dorm room for three weeks is required to make them focus then they need to change careers.

Well, chris heff, you should have listened to both McD and Beane talk about how they feel it's important to get away to start building the camaraderie and culture they hope takes hold. They want the players to form bonds with each other that will carry over into how they play for each other on Sunday. It's not necessarily about "focus."

Sammy Watkins working on sheading defenders and his burst off to the side. Looking smooth #BillsCamp

Preston Brown starting at ILb to open camp

0 replies5 retweets8 likes

Sal Capaccio ✔ @SalSports
Andre Holmes getting 1st-team reps opposite Sammy. Zay Jones with second group, along with Brandon Tate. Philly Brown and Jeremy Butler next

Sean McDermott certainly has his defense thinking takeaway every play. Hands are constantly slapping/punching at the ball until the very end

Some Sammy

https://twitter.com/JonahJavad/status/890691692772438016

@mikerodak

First apparent injury situation of Bills training camp: offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson heads to locker room

@SalSports

Sammy makes his first contested catch of practice. Goes down to the ground between two defenders. Gets fallen on, gets up cleanly.

Is everytime Sammy or McCoy goes down going to be reported?