Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

Tyrod Taylor: "It's a Big Season For All of Us" (6:20)
The Bills quarterback talks about having Sammy Watkins back at full strength, what has changed about Watkins, and how the first day of training camp has been different from last year.

Sammy Watkins: "I've Got to Earn It" (8:38)
The Bills wide receiver talks about getting back on the field, how he feels, and his contract situation.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe B is a douche. He thinks he's the know it all of quarterbacks going back to his days on GR. He offers very little and almost never has anything positive to contribute. How he got a tv job (besides being in the low profile buffalo market) is beyond me.

Obviously McBean has no eye for QBs and we need a replacement asap.

That kid from Ohio State, Card-something. With the Chargers. If Beane doesn't trade for him by noon today, I am officially done with this team.

Wow, Joe B really hammered Peterman in his 1st day writeup.

Joe B is a douche. He thinks he's the know it all of quarterbacks going back to his days on GR. He offers very little and almost never has anything positive to contribute. How he got a tv job (besides being in the low profile buffalo market) is beyond me.

I agree on Joe B, but he really wasn't that tough on Peterman.

Wow, Joe B really hammered Peterman in his 1st day writeup.

I know I will just be accused of being a "hater" of yet another Bills quarterback but where did this narrative of Nathan Peterman being an "accurate" Quarterback come from? I feel like it is just a cliche trotted out for guys with weak arms "oh he doesn't have a big arm but he is accurate with the football." Go watch the Miami game last year it was ugly. Accurate? You must be kidding me. The Syracuse game wasn't much better. Did he have some good performances and some good throws as well in other games? Sure he did but the conclusion watching his college tape was not "this is a guy who demonstrates consistent, high level accuracy" it was "here is a guy with spotty accuracy and lacking arm." I had him as a 7th rd / UDFA grade..... I hope he proves me wrong but I was not surprised to hear he struggled.... I just don't think he is much good.

Edited by GunnerBill

@GunnerBill and you may be right. I was just noting how Joe B assessed the first day of camp. I have no stock in the Peterman selection.

Yea I know. I think part of the reason you will see beat reporters go for Peterman early is because they bought into the pre-draft "accuracy" narrative. Think expectations of him are too high. But then I would I suppose 'cos I think he is no good.

I know I will just be accused of being a "hater" of yet another Bills quarterback but where did this narrative of Nathan Peterman being an "accurate" Quarterback come from? I feel like it is just a cliche trotted out for guys with weak arms "oh he doesn't have a big arm but he is accurate with the football." Go watch the Miami game last year it was ugly. Accurate? You must be kidding me. The Syracuse game wasn't much better. Did he have some good performances and some good throws as well in other games? Sure he did but the conclusion watching his college tape was not "this is a guy who demonstrates consistent, high level accuracy" it was "here is a guy with spotty accuracy and lacking arm." I had him as a 7th rd / UDFA grade..... I hope he proves me wrong but I was not surprised to hear he struggled.... I just don't think he is much good.

In Peterman's defense, wasn't the Miami game played in torrential rain? I don't remember Kaaya being much better.

He hammered him, and then threw in the obligatory "but it's just the first day of camp" line at the end.

I've read a few articles about practice now and they all say the same thing. Peterman struggled, but had a nice throw. He took chances, at least.

It wasn't bad. Certainly not compared to stuff we've read in recent years where it feels like the writer has a deep-seeded hatred for Bills players.

In Peterman's defense, wasn't the Miami game played in torrential rain? I don't remember Kaaya being much better.

IMO, Kaaya is a better QB from just a talent and skill standpoint. Doesn't seem to have that killer instinct, though. Not sure if Peterman does, either, but reports say he was pushing it downfield in practice. That's at least half by design, though. The coaches want him practicing those tough throws to condition his arm. Build strength and velocity.

I've read a few articles about practice now and they all say the same thing. Peterman struggled, but had a nice throw. He took chances, at least.

It wasn't bad. Certainly not compared to stuff we've read in recent years where it feels like the writer has a deep-seeded hatred for Bills players.

But it's no different to what Sal C was saying after OTA's.

He was struggling then for the very same reason he was drafted in the 5th round. His arm strength. That will ties in with accuracy. He could go out and improve his arm strength, it is possible but it's not just like hitting the gym more and it certainly wasn't going to happen in his first offseason, if at all. Not sure why people had such high expectations for him.

It was played in the rain but Kaaya passed for 350 odd yards and 4 touchdowns. It was clear to me who was the better of those two Quarterbacks. I wouldn't have paused for a single second making that choice... and it would have been the opposite one to the Bills.

It was played in the rain but Kaaya passed for 350 odd yards and 4 touchdowns. It was clear to me who was the better of those two Quarterbacks. I wouldn't have paused for a single second making that choice... and it would have been the opposite one to the Bills.

ah, my bad. I don't follow college nearly as much as the pros.

Yea I know. I think part of the reason you will see beat reporters go for Peterman early is because they bought into the pre-draft "accuracy" narrative. Think expectations of him are too high. But then I would I suppose 'cos I think he is no good.

You Brits all think that he stinks :). I don't think that he's very good either but can be a back up.

I'm very surprised #bills are on the grass field after all the rain. Seen several guys slip. You'd think for lone night they'd be in stadium

From a selfish fan perspective the seating kind of sucked. Too many people for the available seats and at east half of the good seats were reserved (taped off).

To the bleachers! LOL