Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

From Rodak on espn

Rookie report from Bills training camp Thursday: 2017 fifth-round pick QB Nathan Peterman received all of the third-team reps after Buffalo traded Cardale Jones on Wednesday. Peterman had an up-and-down day that was highlighted by a deep completion down the sideline to Rod Streater during 7-on-7 work. Peterman and his third-team cohorts were sluggish at other times, including a botched snap and multiple times when coaches had to call the offense back into the huddle to fix alignments.

3rd string players an some of yuze guys expect perfection

😂

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch: Sights and Sounds From Training Camp (1:04)

Sights and Sounds from the Bills first training camp practice at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford.

Watkins puts best foot forward

watkins-7-28-story.jpg

Sammy Watkins is done talking about his surgically repaired foot. He'd rather talk about getting back into top game shape, making plays, winning games and earning a new long term contract from the Bills.

I know I will just be accused of being a "hater" of yet another Bills quarterback but where did this narrative of Nathan Peterman being an "accurate" Quarterback come from? I feel like it is just a cliche trotted out for guys with weak arms "oh he doesn't have a big arm but he is accurate with the football." Go watch the Miami game last year it was ugly. Accurate? You must be kidding me. The Syracuse game wasn't much better. Did he have some good performances and some good throws as well in other games? Sure he did but the conclusion watching his college tape was not "this is a guy who demonstrates consistent, high level accuracy" it was "here is a guy with spotty accuracy and lacking arm." I had him as a 7th rd / UDFA grade..... I hope he proves me wrong but I was not surprised to hear he struggled.... I just don't think he is much good.

The scouting report about him being accurate was written up by scouts who watched film on him....probably every throw.

The Syracuse and Miami game are two of his 26 starts. If he had a stronger arm, Peterman would have probably been as high as a 2nd round pick.