Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Rodak on espn

Rookie report from Bills training camp Thursday: 2017 fifth-round pick QB Nathan Peterman received all of the third-team reps after Buffalo traded Cardale Jones on Wednesday. Peterman had an up-and-down day that was highlighted by a deep completion down the sideline to Rod Streater during 7-on-7 work. Peterman and his third-team cohorts were sluggish at other times, including a botched snap and multiple times when coaches had to call the offense back into the huddle to fix alignments.

3rd string players an some of yuze guys expect perfection

😂

I don't expect much but those third string receivers were probably the same ones Tyrod had to throw to for half the season.

@NateGearyWGR

First play of 11s on offense... Sammy Watkins screen pass...

@MatthewFairburn

Kevon Seymour mixing in for Ronald Darby with Bills first team defense.

@Nick_Wojton

Tre White lines up to return the first punt drill of the day #Bills

@Nick_Wojton

Marcell Dareus is still getting in some individual reps with D-line.. He's not in pads like everyone else though #Bills

@john_wawrow

Doesn't appear Marcell Dareus (hamstring) will miss too much time beyond today. Just finished walking through a drill with DLs. #Bills

@john_wawrow

Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf on the sideline at #Bills camp today.

@ChrisBrownBills

Adolphus Washington in for Marcell at defense of tackle with the starters. #Bills

@SalSports

Just watched Bills WR coach Phil McGeoghan work with Sammy Watkins on meticulous details of his curl route. Slowly, step by step....1/

They were specifically working on the top of the route and exactly where legs and foot should be on plant and come-back step.. 2/

...it was really, really interesting and Watkins was very much taking in the coaching points. 3/3

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Some see a great catch, I see a crap throw.

I know, I know.

Was Sammy's Route supposed to angle back towards the LOS on his cut? Or was he supposed to run perpendicular towards the sideline after he made his cut? These little things aren't discussed...people just assume Watkins ran the perfect route.

@Nick_Wojton

Zay Jones roasted Seymour in a 1v1 drill. Spicy hot temperature. #Bills

@john_wawrow

Zay Jones. Nuff said.

@ChrisBrownBills

Darby is in pads but was w/athletic trainers at start of practice. Doesn't look like he'll do anything today. #Bills

@lilboon

Tyrod's deep ball was in a groove his last few throws. Hit Holmes, Brown and Ross in stride for scores. #Bills

@lilboon

Andre Holmes back with the No. 1 receivers along with Sammy Watkins. #Bills

@danfetes

False start on Dion Dawkins in 11 on 11. The rookie from Temple continues to struggle the first few days of training camp #Bills

@Nick_Wojton

Seantrel, Dawkins on first team OL #Bills

@lilboon

TJ Yates was just sacked twice in one play. Because training camp. #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

T.J. Yates connected with Rod Streater for a touchdown. Beat Leonard Johnson in coverage. Streater's impressive camp continues.

@Matt_Bove

Sean McDermott said he's happy with how Dareus has looked the first few days but he's concerned whenever a player misses practice @WKBW

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/891297542453047296

@TBNSports

Healthy and confident, Jonathan Williams says he's ready to back up LeSean McCoy http://bit.ly/2uLCiwm

At practice today and Holmes way be the worst route runner I have seen in several years at this camp. Holy cow, send help please.

The lack of Maclin signing is going to be HUGE. Holmes anywhere above a #4 is scary bad.

Thanks for the observation. Sounds like Zay Jones has a good chance surpass him during camp. Would also be great to get Boldin signed.

@JoeBuscaglia

Two under the radar #Bills that have really impressed me through the first three days: DE Eddie Yarbrough and G Jordan Mudge

@SalSports

DL Ian Seau walked off the field with trainers. #BillsCamp

@SalSports

Shaq Lawson just limped off the field. Talking with trainers but helmet still on.

@JaySkurski

Shaq Lawson came off the field with a trainer, but looks like he'll be coming back in soon. #Bills

@SalSports

Ron Darby went off playing field early in practice, hasn't been on since. He's stood on sidelines without helmet. Never went to locker room

Zay Jones is really polished. No reason why he should be in slot and only playing 60% of game. Jones belongs on outside right away opposite Sammy.

@buffalobills

The rookie and the vet. 1f525.png

DF6GmcJUMAABqPF.jpg

:thumbsup:

@TBNSports

What They Said: Transcript from Sean McDermott's Saturday press conference: http://bit.ly/2uLC3l5

DF6OO5rXUAEaFiF.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

Shaq Lawson said he just got his toe stepped on. He's fine. #Bills

Shaq Lawson said he played around 280-285 his senior year at Clemson. Now playing at a "leaner" 268. #Bills

McDermott: "Dareus Has Done a Great Job" (13:20)

The Bills head coach talks about the Marcell Dareus injury, monitoring LeSean McCoy's workload in practice, and Tre'Davious White preparing for a big role on defense.

@NateGearyWGR

First play of 11s on offense... Sammy Watkins screen pass...

@MatthewFairburn

Kevon Seymour mixing in for Ronald Darby with Bills first team defense.

@Nick_Wojton

Tre White lines up to return the first punt drill of the day #Bills

@Nick_Wojton

Marcell Dareus is still getting in some individual reps with D-line.. He's not in pads like everyone else though #Bills

@john_wawrow

Doesn't appear Marcell Dareus (hamstring) will miss too much time beyond today. Just finished walking through a drill with DLs. #Bills

@john_wawrow

Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf on the sideline at #Bills camp today.

@ChrisBrownBills

Adolphus Washington in for Marcell at defense of tackle with the starters. #Bills

@SalSports

Just watched Bills WR coach Phil McGeoghan work with Sammy Watkins on meticulous details of his curl route. Slowly, step by step....1/

They were specifically working on the top of the route and exactly where legs and foot should be on plant and come-back step.. 2/

...it was really, really interesting and Watkins was very much taking in the coaching points. 3/3

With the Bills depth outside I'd rather not see White returning punts now or ever. I know AB does it, and PP but this is Buffalo let's put our shoes on before we go running out the door into traffic.

@JaySkurski

Brandon Tate (calf) and Ronald Darby (left ankle) are day to day after being hurt in practice. DE Ian Seau (foot) is being evaluated. #Bills

@SalSports

Shaq Lawson just said "it was kind of odd... I knew I wasn't a fit for this defense (last year), but they thought I was."

I followed up with a Shaq, asked him if it was simply Rex and the relationship why they drafted him then. Great response (next tweet)...

Lawson: "No. I feel I was the best available on the board and felt someone had to take me."

@Spencito_

Earlier in the interview Shaq talked about how he had a "tough time learning the 3-4." Calls this year's scheme "much easier" #Bills

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/891309924885700608

Edited by 26CornerBlitz